Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
My wife is gonna kill me! Fortunately their releases don't come around all the time.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so, at what point will you all realize NG:Dev actually are stock brockers who use the preorder money as their investment kapital? 0 rate.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome to the NGDevTeam Reverse Layaway Plan!

Missile

Another Striker
I like Turrican.

I don't like Gunlord.

Why? They are the same game except Gunlord has better gfx and end-of-level bosses and you don't press up to jump...

I'm happy to wait for Kraut Buster. But still wonder why they had to make such an ambitious (in terms of content) run n gun for their first non-schmup game. We'll probably never get another non-schmup again.

Hope they will re-release Razion on AES to fund extra development time

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't know how you could possibly say that if you have played both turrican and gunlord. But hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion i guess. Please don't say "schmup" again though, it's making me twitch

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Why? They are the same game except Gunlord has better gfx and end-of-level bosses and you don't press up to jump...

I'm happy to wait for Kraut Buster. But still wonder why they had to make such an ambitious (in terms of content) run n gun for their first non-schmup game. We'll probably never get another non-schmup again.

Hope they will re-release Razion on AES to fund extra development time

Well, once the game is finished, hopefully a sequel or similar run n gun will not be so difficult to create in the future. The game should be out soon...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
:lol: Probly more like 15 a month. It's been more than 2 years, no?

Marty and I pre-ordered on October 15, 2015. It was €857 ($1,006).

In April 2017, given no assurances the game would be released in 2017, we decided to refund.

On April 13, 2007 we requested the refund. €857 was sent back to me as "goods" payment. Timm said because it was over 6 months he couldn't straight refund, so had to send as goods. (not true, could have been as gift, since it was truly just giving our money back). So we recieved €838 after paypal fees.

The € to $ conversion has closed so tightly, and with the paypal fee, we recieved back $839.81.

For those scoring at home, or if your by yourself, we in essence paid them $166 to borrow our money.

I like their games very much, particularly GL and FS, but they won't see another penny from me - extremely poor business practice having your fans fund your work, when you aren't advertising as such. "This is how they always do it" isn't a reasonable response with the advent of kickstarter, and taking longer for games than in the past. The expectation is the process would get faster, not longer.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am... not impressed....

Just sayin'... I have no beef in this... but from my point of view... it's been a bit of a bullshit project...

OH... and for some of the guys who i've talked to who said "But But... I waited 3 years on a pre-order system... and it all turned out well..(Looks at that Pinball n00b...)"... I don't really care...

xROTx

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

In April 2017, given no assurances the game would be released in 2017, we decided to refund.

On April 13, 2007 we requested the refund. €857 was sent back to me as "goods" payment. Timm said because it was over 6 months he couldn't straight refund, so had to send as goods. (not true, could have been as gift, since it was truly just giving our money back). So we recieved €838 after paypal fees.

The € to $ conversion has closed so tightly, and with the paypal fee, we recieved back $839.81.

For those scoring at home, or if your by yourself, we in essence paid them $166 to borrow our money.

I like their games very much, particularly GL and FS, but they won't see another penny from me - extremely poor business practice having your fans fund your work, when you aren't advertising as such. "This is how they always do it" isn't a reasonable response with the advent of kickstarter, and taking longer for games than in the past. The expectation is the process would get faster, not longer.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Yes, I agree that their whole funding model is not the best. But with no real competition in the neogeo homebrew scene, they can dictate the terms. Seems like you either pony up for the pre-order, or hope that someone down the road resells for a buddy price... or you pony up for the resellers.

I know that I basically gave them an interest free loan, and that they can default on it with no recourse...

Last edited:

Missile

Another Striker
I don't know how you could possibly say that if you have played both turrican and gunlord. But hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion i guess. Please don't say "schmup" again though, it's making me twitch

schmup schmup schmup "Dance for me boy!"... ;)

I had both T1 and T2 on the Amiga. As far as I remember Turrican 1 ran in a slightly smaller-than-the-screen window and had tiny enemies (to keep the frame-rate up). You also had to use the space-bar for a bomb. Game play on Gunlord and Turrican seemed pretty much on a par to me. Both are unfocused with a lot of exploring, and slightly meaningless shooting. That's the love-it-or-hate-it Turrican template.

I know people have their individual issues but I've never had an issue with NGDevteam games or development practice in general. Let's be honest every game up to now - if you didn't it like you could sell it for a lot more. They took on board mine and others comments when making Gunlord and changed it, which was a good thing. Same with most of their games. If you go back to the original Fast Striker thread here, they got a lot of abuse over it for no good reason. (People saying it was amateurish sh*t etc etc) I think people abusing them is the real reason they won't post on forums anymore.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Welcome to the NGDevTeam Reverse Layaway Plan!

:lol:

I am... not impressed....

Just sayin'... I have no beef in this... but from my point of view... it's been a bit of a bullshit project...

OH... and for some of the guys who i've talked to who said "But But... I waited 3 years on a pre-order system... and it all turned out well..(Looks at that Pinball n00b...)"... I don't really care...

xROTx

Yeah, can't say I'm happy with the whole situation. I hadn't bought a game from them since Gunlord, and when I saw 'Buster I was pretty excited.

Yes I know its a knockoff of Metal Slug but at least it wasn't another shooter.

NG: DEV.TEAM has done some amazing visuals for an independent team (Fast Striker) and its wasn't like SNK was going to get back in the business any time soon.

They've had delays before but this one's a little bit much, as well as the almost complete lack of communication or updates, especially on why or what the reason for the delay was/is.

I'm sure I'll still enjoy it but the longer it takes to release the harsher the criticisms will be if it doesn't live up to the hype or justify the delays.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
They've been around for 7 or 8 years now. If they can't float their own ship by now they should just get out of the game.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

That's bullshit. There is probably a consumer law somewhere that says they can't do that. Not that it would be worth pursuing but it's a crappy business practice. They did the same to me when I cancelled my Razion order.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm still curious about how the hell are they going to go the "jamma" business for future games, because WAY more people have Neo Geo consoles of some kind (or hell Dreamcast, until they killed that when they stopped releasing after XYX), the ratio of those with cabs of some kind are greatly smaller. Stupid.... just stupid.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
While it's not NGDevTeam's fault the Euro devalued, this is a regrettable situation. The Kraut Buster delay has been excessive.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

I did the same thing. I also had the refund sent as goods, so was charged, but due to the £ dropping so much I ended up a little better off.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
While it's not NGDevTeam's fault the Euro devalued, this is a regrettable situation. The Kraut Buster delay has been excessive.

But it's their responsibility to get a customer his/hers money back and of the exact same amount, as paid. Currency fluctuations can't be an excuse, nor customer unfriendly PP practices. This is not a corporate project, they're bound to their small but exclusive buyers community, exactly because of what they are: a niche indie company with goods mostly consisting on "borrowed" contents. And though this is only one side of this story, I'd argue, that it's also a decisive one.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Uppps actually my post was a typo... :D
Wanted to say Sept. 2017....

Anyway that refund thing seems pretty fishy to me... Wouldn't have expected them to work like that....