FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Don't hesitate to discharged your hatred
We are happy to help

2679155_orig.gif

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Zynismus ist die einzige Form, in welcher gemeine Seelen an das streifen, was Redlichkeit ist.
Nietzsche :thevt:

But if you had read the corresponding passage in "Jenseits von Gut und Böse" you'd know it's not about me...

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Love that movie. Did you get to read El Club Dumas? Big time recommend, the 9th gate is but a passage in this book.

Thanks for the hint, I actually didn't touch the book, most script sources are garbage, which of course is common practice. The 'lighter' the book, the better the movie. Nice to hear about another exception.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
The more I watch stuff about this game the less intrigued I am by it. I thought Gunlord was clunky as fuck. Hoping this one plays better.

Idk why I'm even concerned with it, there's not a scrub-friendly DC release for this one so it's not like I'll ever play it properly :rolleyes:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Game looks pretty good for an indie effort...I just don't know if it's good enough to justify the pre-order cost. I'll just have to wait till reviews come out. Hopefully, it won't double in price by the time I decide to buy.

Pinball

Geese's Thug
The more I watch stuff about this game the less intrigued I am by it. I thought Gunlord was clunky as fuck. Hoping this one plays better.

Idk why I'm even concerned with it, there's not a scrub-friendly DC release for this one so it's not like I'll ever play it properly :rolleyes:

What does scrub-friendly mean?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
something poor bastards can afford.

To be fair they dont make them because they don't sell or make the money. Same reason why we never got any more CD games after last hope. Which imho is a damn shame because NGDev team really knew how to use the cd game has like no damn loads at all which no other game can say.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
To be fair they dont make them because they don't sell or make the money. Same reason why we never got any more CD games after last hope. Which imho is a damn shame because NGDev team really knew how to use the cd game has like no damn loads at all which no other game can say.

Pretty sure it was the piracy rather than the profit margins that drove NGDev away from the disc systems (NGCD and DC) more than anything else.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Still think this game looks great and really want to play it but I'm not so keen on the different masks. I can see they added that to make the gameplay more different from Metal Slug!

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I dont like the main character neither the mask system :lolz:
But I still like how the game looks, hopefully they have improved it a lot since the last update

glazball

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member

You're probably right, but I wouldn't totally discount a DC release way down the line. Like 5 or 10 years, but it could happen. At least, I hope it does because this small tymer won't be able to play it on the Neo either.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gunlord plays awesome on DC and even better on Neo, I dunno what you're talking about, aaron.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Gunlord and Last Hope have changed status on their shop to "Now printing..." =D

With a comment below of "Current print is planed for middle of May 2017"

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict

Are we talking AES versions? I don't see anything new on their site?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Gunlord and LHPB reprints happening right now are for MVS, cart + cardboard box. They were pre-order only, I'm not sure if they'll be selling additional units after the print or not. They talked about a Gunlord AES reprint happening last year but I don't think that ever materialized. Can't find anything about it on their FB page either, though I'm not into AES so I could be wrong.

I also noticed they made mention of a JAMMA PCB of Kraut Buster being available in 2018. I wonder if it'll just be a PC with a JAMMA connector. Pretty cool either way.

Last edited:

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I was browsing their site 5 minutes ago and came across a pre-order page for a Fast Striker MVS Gamecenter kit re-issue due end of May 2017 but it's now been removed.

Merit

n00b
Yes, 10 minutes ago i saw fast striker, xyx and razion mvs available for may. Now all disappeared...

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Gunlord plays awesome on DC and even better on Neo, I dunno what you're talking about, aaron.

I've not played the NG cart so I can't comment on that. I'm not a big Turrican fan, so Gunlord never quite grabbed me on the DC. It's polished and looks nice, but there's something about the controls that made it less than enjoyable for me.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I've not played the NG cart so I can't comment on that. I'm not a big Turrican fan, so Gunlord never quite grabbed me on the DC. It's polished and looks nice, but there's something about the controls that made it less than enjoyable for me.

It's that "press up to jump" bullshit.

Seriously, WTF is that about?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's for Turrican, not Gunlord.

Also, you can set the buttons to whatever you want via emulation or modding your Amiga stick, there are ways man, you just gotta want it bad enough, Turrican isn't for everyone.