Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
It's the NG DEV business model. Their methods have been scrutinized countless times over the years...to the point where you'd think everyone would be used to it by now. I doubt their way of doing things will ever be 100% accepted.

I was one of the people that had to have all their games at one time. I literally would have dropped 400 Euros on anything with their logo on it. I was so NG DEV that I even attempted to get that whole NG DEV scoreboard thing going. What a miserable failure and complete waste of my time that was. So finally I just woke up one day....looked at my shelf and that nice row of NG DEV games just sitting there covered in layers of dust and decided that was it....I'm done. So I sold them all and I don't miss having them. I realized that these are not Neo Geo games after all....they are just new games that can be played on a Neo Geo. Big difference. That's my opinion anyways.

Welcome to the light.

Attachments

• orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif
    orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif
    381.7 KB · Views: 396

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
It's the NG DEV business model. Their methods have been scrutinized countless times over the years...to the point where you'd think everyone would be used to it by now. I doubt their way of doing things will ever be 100% accepted.

I was one of the people that had to have all their games at one time. I literally would have dropped 400 Euros on anything with their logo on it. I was so NG DEV that I even attempted to get that whole NG DEV scoreboard thing going. What a miserable failure and complete waste of my time that was. So finally I just woke up one day....looked at my shelf and that nice row of NG DEV games just sitting there covered in layers of dust and decided that was it....I'm done. So I sold them all and I don't miss having them. I realized that these are not Neo Geo games after all....they are just new games that can be played on a Neo Geo. Big difference. That's my opinion anyways.

I bet you were able to make your money back (or most of it) so no harm done. I can see how NGDEV games aren't the same caliber or feel of SNK games but I can also still see the appeal in them. If money was no object I would have bought them too. I have ordered Kraut Busters and so far it seems much more detailed and involved then their other games. I did pick up their Dreamcast bundle when it went on sale. That was a good price for their games. And even though Gunlord lacks a little something to make it feel like a AAA title it's still fun and I'd love to have the MVS cart but not for 400 EURO.

Did you order Kraut Busters or are you entirely done with NGDEV Team? You sure you don't miss your Gunlord? :)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Did you order Kraut Busters or are you entirely done with NGDEV Team? You sure you don't miss your Gunlord? :)

Yeah, I'm done. KB looks good don't get me wrong but It'll never be as polished as any Metal Slug so there's no incentive there for me. As for GunLord....it's fun but not enough to be missed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm done. KB looks good don't get me wrong but It'll never be as polished as any Metal Slug so there's no incentive there for me. As for GunLord....it's fun but not enough to be missed.

True and GL is available on the DC.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Damn! They were probably aiming for a late 2nd quarter release. It's probably not that much more of delay than what they thought internally. If this gets pushed to 2018 though I'm going to ask for A refund.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Who would have thought it would take so long to make a Flash version of Metal Slug these days?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
At least they are honest enough to say that they underestimated the workload on this one.

I think the new screens really don't look that bad.

Especially considering how small their team is.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Great thing about having now a flash card available... developers could publish demos/1 stage, alleviating the wait.. (that would open doors to rushed/never ending patching games though)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Yep, I mean it was to be expected they would postpone the release even further. Well, we shall call ourselves lucky if we get it by Christmas '17.

Here are the shots for everyone not present at FB

kb_battleship_0_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_1_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_2_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_3_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_4_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_5_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_6_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_7_512wx.jpg

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Yep, I mean it was to be expected they would postpone the release even further. Well, we shall call ourselves lucky if we get it by Christmas '17.

Here are the shots for everyone not present at FB

kb_battleship_0_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_1_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_2_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_3_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_4_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_5_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_6_512wx.jpg

kb_battleship_7_512wx.jpg

Looks better & better. Ha just noticed the soldier fishing lol.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
While its frustrating to hear of the delay, I think they've justified it and it looks like a delay worth waiting for. I am super pleased to hear they are going to get the other pre-orders started in April, and I hope they consider doing later reprints of Fast Striker or Razion.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
and I hope they consider doing later reprints of Fast Striker or Razion.
Reprint for Fast Striker in AES will be by 2018, at least that's what NGDev replied me not too long ago. No news about a reprint for Razion AFAIK.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the two modes thing sure sounds interesting. truly hope they do good with this (seems deserved) ....and maybe there are ports in KBs future :glee:

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
it looks like the pixel art is improving. Looks quite realistic, I hope it keeps the trend in all levels. Also the inclusion of 2 playing modes sounds a nice feature for replayability.
I don't mind the long wait, but a video from time to time would be really welcome :)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The thing with this is that if you already paid for it, and do not need the money with urgency, just wait until you get it. Then you will be able to try the game first-hand and decide if it's worth keeping it or not. If yes, then good, enjoy it. If not, I am pretty sure you can get what you paid for it.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Just looking through some of the background sprite work, it really looks amazing I got to say. I'm ready to see the new "Contra" style trailer very cool they are doing two different modes for the game.