Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Not just 2017 though, but late 2017. That's what has p****** me off. I wouldn't be so bothered if they would just get off their arses and ship out Gunlord and Last Hope reprints but they are delaying them to do them all at the same time. These are the last games I buy from NGDEVTEAM.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I nearly forgot I pre-ordered Kraut Busters! Well until I get notifications from this thread!

I can personally wait until end of next year, but I can see your point of view especially when you're awaiting two games that's already complete to be delivered at the same time :O

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I understand that people don't want to wait this long and I would be pissed too. I also understand that NGdev wants to release a complete game and work out all the kinks but it would be better if they opened up pre-order's when the game was close to being finished. That way they don't hold peoples money for damn near 2 years. This is why I canceled my pre-order awhile back. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed to late 2017.

Watermelon did the same shit with the Pier Solar Re-Print. Ended up not even getting it but that's a different story.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I understand that people don't want to wait this long and I would be pissed too. I also understand that NGdev wants to release a complete game and work out all the kinks but it would be better if they opened up pre-order's when the game was close to being finished. That way they don't hold peoples money for damn near 2 years. This is why I canceled my pre-order awhile back. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed to late 2017.

Watermelon did the same shit with the Pier Solar Re-Print. Ended up not even getting it but that's a different story.
I bought a Gunlord reprint, not sure if I want to wait another year, may cancel it. I mean those games are done, they should manufacture those in the mean time even if Kraut is taking longer than expected.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This is just my personal opinion, but I kind of agree with what has been said. If the game is of good quality, it will sell regardless of pre-orders. Pre-orders give me the same feeling as early access titles. Developers aren't sure if a game will be good or not, so they want to bank money now while people can't tell.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand if people want to reserve a game because it will be in short supply for the holidays or something like that. But if it's just pre-order for pre-order's sake, and for such a long duration at that, I don't really know if I'd be down for it.

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
This does feel like a longer delay than Razion or Neo XYX - wonder what's going on honestly.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I suppose that this game is the biggest one programming wise they ever did and I think they underestimated the work it needed to play good and look good.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
This does feel like a longer delay than Razion or Neo XYX - wonder what's going on honestly.

My thoughts exactly. This is excessive even for NG DEV. It's not a good sign for them as a company that's for sure.

Mr Marth

n00b
I feel for those who want it, to have to wait such a long time for a game they've already paid for is really aggravating

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Meehhh just dropped it

Someone else can get "my" cart now

That's excessive, couldn't take this any longer

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I suppose that this game is the biggest one programming wise they ever did and I think they underestimated the work it needed to play good and look good.

Yeah, I imagine a Metal Slug style run-n-gun is more complex to make than a standard shmup. I still haven't preordered yet. Probably wait until the last minute.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Ordered 2 kraut Buster AES copies in June2015,still waiting!

pipes

I doubt you'll see another run and gun style game from them in the future (assuming there is a future for them). Shmups are easier to produce and they'll sell them out just the same. What's the point of making more work for themselves?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Ordered 2 kraut Buster AES copies in June2015,still waiting!
Yeah, that's when I pre-ordered - right at the start, and just after that I pre-ordered Last Hope and Gunlord. Just checked my reminder - ordered in 2015, its soon 2017. I can understand a delay on Kraut Busters because at the end of the day its creative works and they need to get it to a point they feel happy with what they've produced. But delaying other pre-orders just feels wrong imo. What worries me is they are A) breaking PayPal pre-order rules, and B) What happens if something happens to the developers. It's not a very good business model - they really should only start taking pre-orders a month or two before manufacture imo. What could mitigate all these concerns would be some regular (every other month) update - just to let us know that A) they are alive and B) status.

pipes

What worries me is they are A) breaking PayPal pre-order rules, and B) What happens if something happens to the developers. It's not a very good business model - they really should only start taking pre-orders a month or two before manufacture imo. What could mitigate all these concerns would be some regular (every other month) update - just to let us know that A) they are alive and B) status.

It's the NG DEV business model. Their methods have been scrutinized countless times over the years...to the point where you'd think everyone would be used to it by now. I doubt their way of doing things will ever be 100% accepted.

I was one of the people that had to have all their games at one time. I literally would have dropped 400 Euros on anything with their logo on it. I was so NG DEV that I even attempted to get that whole NG DEV scoreboard thing going. What a miserable failure and complete waste of my time that was. So finally I just woke up one day....looked at my shelf and that nice row of NG DEV games just sitting there covered in layers of dust and decided that was it....I'm done. So I sold them all and I don't miss having them. I realized that these are not Neo Geo games after all....they are just new games that can be played on a Neo Geo. Big difference. That's my opinion anyways.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
if they just kept the customer in the loop a little bit better then they would face less scrutiny on a 3 year wait time. People won't mind waiting if they see more updates on what they paid for.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
if they just kept the customer in the loop a little bit better then they would face less scrutiny on a 3 year wait time. People won't mind waiting if they see more updates on what they paid for.

Why don't you slap the cuffs on them and rough them up? I heard you and your greasy ginzo cop buddies were good at that.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
So why wouldn't they crowd fund instead of pre-ordering? You need to be close i.e. within a couple of months at most to pre-order surely?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's the NG DEV business model. Their methods have been scrutinized countless times over the years...to the point where you'd think everyone would be used to it by now. I doubt their way of doing things will ever be 100% accepted.

I was one of the people that had to have all their games at one time. I literally would have dropped 400 Euros on anything with their logo on it. I was so NG DEV that I even attempted to get that whole NG DEV scoreboard thing going. What a miserable failure and complete waste of my time that was. So finally I just woke up one day....looked at my shelf and that nice row of NG DEV games just sitting there covered in layers of dust and decided that was it....I'm done. So I sold them all and I don't miss having them. I realized that these are not Neo Geo games after all....they are just new games that can be played on a Neo Geo. Big difference. That's my opinion anyways.

goddamn dude you done pulled a 180, wow.
welcome to the light, brother.