Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Good point, Dev's backgrounds often lack plasticity and depth. Pre-rendered 3D animation shouldn't count here -- it's so cold and boring compared to hand drawn. But this is where talent begins and tech wizardry ends and we can't have it all, I guess.

Spot on, surprised no one has emphasized this. The 1 game NGDEV came close to the hand drawn animation we all love Neo-Geo for is Neo XYX, too bad NGDEV can't sell more copies at the moment.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Spot on, surprised no one has emphasized this. The 1 game NGDEV came close to the hand drawn animation we all love Neo-Geo for is Neo XYX, too bad NGDEV can't sell more copies at the moment.

Despite the MS clone complaints, this is what makes this new game so much cooler: the graphics and details.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
i respect NG dev team. But for me personally i would only buy a homebrew on the Neo Geo if its at least made by Japanese like 99% of the Neo Geo Library

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
i respect NG dev team. But for me personally i would only buy a homebrew on the Neo Geo if its at least made by Japanese like 99% of the Neo Geo Library

That's about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum in a long time. And that's really saying something.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Your statement's accuracy is completely beside the point.
Do tell, how does country of origin affect the quality of the homebrew?

Well, do you prefer the Everdrives made in Ukraine, or the ones made in China? or the Raspberry Pi made in the UK or the chinese one? what about airplanes? would you rather get onboard a Boeing/Airbus, or a Chinese knock-off? :) Quality of things is affected by country of origin. I do not think it matters in Japan vs Germany (I actually prefer Germany for some things) but it does matter sometimes.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
A while ago I bought a Chinese made flash cart (from aliexpress) for the Genesis and it cost a lot less money and works just as well as the Everdrive.
In fact the build quality was much better.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well, do you prefer the Everdrives made in Ukraine, or the ones made in China? or the Raspberry Pi made in the UK or the chinese one? what about airplanes? would you rather get onboard a Boeing/Airbus, or a Chinese knock-off? :) Quality of things is affected by country of origin. I do not think it matters in Japan vs Germany (I actually prefer Germany for some things) but it does matter sometimes.

I absolutely take your point, but wouldn't you say it's at least a bit different with software vs. manufactured goods? In this case, it involves things like programming ability, design sensibilities, artwork quality, etc. More of an art. If you look at the universe of homemade/indie software, I don't think it's nearly that easy to characterize. There's extremely high quality work coming out of all places (and a lot of shoddy stuff all evenly spread, too).

What vaillian seems to be saying is that because the Neo software almost entirely comes from Japan, he'd dismiss homebrew coming out of other places in the world. Which doesn't make any sense to link in this way. There's plenty of crap homebrew in Japan, too. Add to that the irony of the person suggesting this and dismissing NG : DEV.TEAM being in Germany.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner

Well quality is not issue its culture. My point was that NGDev-team tries to cater to nostalgia but people forget that the Neo Geo and the 90s gaming era in general was very dominated by Japan.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...keep going vaillian, that hole you're digging will make for a nice grave...

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
nah guys he's right 16-bit euro games are kinda off

Off-the-charts awesome maybe! :D
Well, no, not all of them, not by a long shot. But NG DEVs output has been pretty amazing, especially compared ro the rest of the shmup library on the Neo. (haven't played "Gunlord" yet)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
With the previous NGDev games, has anyone made their own replacement inserts Photoshopping either the Japanese or English Neo logos on the spines? I think my OCD is going to Kick in with that AES font they use making this different from every other home cart I own. Sad that it'll irk me, but I like a bit of continuity!

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Looks like the iPhone 8 will be in stores before this game gets shipped. Let's keep hyping this up in hopes that they lock themselves up in their plattenbau until this game is finished and mvs shipped! Oh wait there is more, much more

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I cancelled my preorder this week. I still think it looks great, but since getting my CMVS I've been playing a ton of Metal Slug again, and I didn't think paying ten times as much for an AES 'tribute' seemed such a great idea any more, though I still think/hope it'll be a good game.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I cancelled my preorder this week. I still think it looks great, but since getting my CMVS I've been playing a ton of Metal Slug again, and I didn't think paying ten times as much for an AES 'tribute' seemed such a great idea any more, though I still think/hope it'll be a good game.

I keep thinking about doing the same. The lack of news isn't great when you've paid out that kind of money. Did they refund you?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
So that's the secret behind those humongous waiting times... money laundering ;).

When I paid the Euro was 1 Euro to $7.55 USD. A refund now at 1 Euro to $1.11 will cost me (-$2,620). I best just ride it out.