Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
Damn, game looks good finally. I hope they add more dogs to kill, that was always the best part of wolfenstein. Stupid mutts.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I think this is looking and sounding very good. Totally different impression than the last videos - good job NGDev!

And if you ask me it has enough new ideas to set it apart from MS. Those "electro soldiers" rock, the mask thing could be sweet and diagonal shooting looks very fitting in this. The level of detail is stunning also - I wonder if there will be any slowdown on Neo hardware. And if they can keep the audio quality this high, this will be an awesome package. I could complain about this not being set in the "CyberLip Universe" or the music being to "rocky" but that ship has sailed. And since I can't afford a 400€ video game (shame they won't release this on any other platform, I'd totally buy it up to ~70€), I'm not really their customer base anyway.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
For people who complain about the price. It is a high budget niche game for a very small market (MVS/AES gamers). They need to make there money back somehow :)

Also, just the cart design + contents is somewhat pricey in addition to that. If I remember correctly, earlier games by them had at least two Xilinx FPGAs among other somewhat pricey chips. This is not DIY rom-only carts or anything.

It is expensive for a game, but it is for a reason, and I am very happy paying for keeping the neogeo dev scene alive with neat games like this.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It looks good to me so far. Shame about the delay, but it's better that they take their time and get it right. It'll certainly be exciting when it finally arrived.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
@Buffi: I understand that and I'm not sour/whiny about the price. I think it's justified. Still fact is I can't afford it.

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well, in real life things do not fall at a constant speed, they accelerate 9.8m/s^2 until hit the floor (or reach terminal velocity, but only then they fall at an approximately constant speed).

Correct. Those boulders need to be speeding up just like your calculations. Instead it seems like they hit invisible water and slow down. Snk must have used similar calculations for achieving tthe falling speed of the commandments in ms 3 misión 2. Can we get them on the line? This is important. The gravitational pull of the boulders must be accurate.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Correct. Those boulders need to be speeding up just like your calculations. Instead it seems like they hit invisible water and slow down. Snk must have used similar calculations for achieving tthe falling speed of the commandments in ms 3 misión 2. Can we get them on the line? This is important. The gravitational pull of the boulders must be accurate.

Not really sure if you are being serious here (sarcasm in a foreign language is not really my thing yet) but I agree that falling elements should obey real physical laws. However, I do not believe things happen this way even in Metal Slug. See for instance when you fall from a very high (3 stories) place. Your character falls at the same constant speed. Same for grenades thrown by soldiers, their trajectory is not a real parabola. Anyway the game seems nice, just nitpicking here.

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
Music is completely un-inspired and generic. What a shame.

Agreed, the music is straight awful, and the guitar player sounds super amateur, missing the 1 like crazy. Hope they redo it but this is a common problem with even the best game designers; having great taste in games but awful taste in music. If I wanna listen to rock music I'll go pop on some Deftones, not some hack attempt at a 5th grade talent show.

I love 8-bit - 32-bit bleepy goodness, the cd music shit jumped the shark imo. Neo-geo tunes have never sounded this bad.

Gameplay does look quite good however, especially the boss in the second half.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Music is completely un-inspired and generic. What a shame.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the current soundtrack. I thought it was place holder music at first, it doesn't really fit the theme of the game IMO. Other than that it looks really good.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't mind them making it available again - but, is the price now the same as original pre-order? If so - that's not cool.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not sure about MVS, but the home cart preorder was 399 Euros during the promo period a while back and is 429 Euros now if my memory serves correctly.

I gotta admit though, I just watched the video and it does indeed look great. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger myself, and I consider the price lunacy.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
I agree the music needs changed asap. The rest of it looks great and could be the best slug type game on the system. However, they need to have the music fit the theme or the game will take a serious hit. That was the great thing about the slug games, the music made u enjoy the rest of the game so much more. I'm sure they will get it right and they seem to be listening to the community as the game progresses. If they fix the music and add some cool voice effects the game could be sick!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
This is the most impressive thing I've seen from these guys (though I did like the look of Razion). Almost tempted if it wasn't for the massive wait.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I wish the Euro to dollar rate was better. This looks really sweet, and the closest I'd ever get to having a Slug on AES, but I just don't think I could swing the price right now

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Wow....this has turned out quite nicely!

I like what they showed before but the imrpovements are significant.

The first AES pre-order was 419€, by the way.

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
If I had the dough I'd buy it just to flip for double in a year in a half. At least. This game will be great and very popular.

Missile

Another Striker
I still wish it wasn't so close to Metal Slug. It just makes it seem so familiar. I'm worried I will be bored by the time I get half way through. Still I like what they've done. There's some great enemies esp the electricity guy in the mech suit. It's great too when he climbs inside Ripley's cargo-lifter from Aliens :buttrock:

I like the music. The first tune sounds like Daft Punk. The one I like least is the one that sounds more like a Slug game just because I don't want this to be even closer to it's inspiration.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
For me it's the only game they've done which genuinely looks like it could've been a proper NEO title, it's just that pixel art. I've long since sold up my AES collection and kept myself going with emulation as it was all getting silly with bootlegs and ridiculously overpriced eBay sales from sellers/moronic hipster buyers, but dear god do I look at this game and feel the need to lay the money down.