Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Straightaway I was disappointed with the small character sprites...
Same. I prefer sprites similar to Spin Master or Demon Front. Bigger, more cartoony and less european in style.

Yep, but it had personality, and the sprite work was different (better?)
I really like playing Gunlord but my honest opinion is that the graphics in the game are a mess. The sprites look as if they were ripped from at least 5 different games. Some sprites are amazing while others look pretty bad. It was one of their first games which is why I'm not mad at them but I still wish they would have fixed a few things before releasing the game.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That's funny James, I'm actually responsible for the backgrounds/stages of project y.

Game is looking great so far but what is up with the convoluted backer/pre-order setup. There are a ton of people who would throw cash at the project. Am I missing something, are pre-orders going to re-open before release?

Paiku

Crazed MVS Addict
Game is looking great so far but what is up with the convoluted backer/pre-order setup. There are a ton of people who would throw cash at the project. Am I missing something, are pre-orders going to re-open before release?

Agree, I have no clue whatsoever. WM has been pretty iffy in that regard.

I was only contracted to push pixels.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

Pre-orders probably won't open up again until Watermelon does a reprint. That seems to be how they work: they open up pre-orders, close them down a year or two later without even having released gameplay footage at this point, and then 3 or 4 years later the game is released.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I don't think this looks too bad, I like run and guns so I would probably have some fun with it. I'd pick up a Dreamcast release for sure.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Well NGDEV disabled comments/ratings on the youtube video....I guess when 90% of the feedback was "Wtf is this?" that'll do it

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I think there's time for it to improve! They will get the feedback from testing, and people's opinions etc. Just preordered Knights Chance AES as well. Expensive month =\

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I think it looks alright. For a new game made for the Neo Geo by a really small team it is great. Way more impressive than a gambling game or another shooter in my opinion. At least they are trying to make a different game. I agree that it is bad to make it look just like Metal Slug though. That just doesn't make sense. Given the amount of feedback they have gotten I wonder if they will change the direction of this game. There are other themes you can do with run and gun. They also have the rest of the year to work on it so maybe they can bring the quality up. I am on the fence about getting it. At least the Euro is way down so it would be less than I spent on their other games.

Sure you might not like the fact that it's a gambling game. But, it had a few things going for it. The visuals/music was crazy good looking and above all, it's a new thing on the neo...not some rehashed thing.

Uberarcade

n00b
I don't hate Knight's Chance or the other NG Dev games. What I meant was the run n gun game engine they showed for this game is technically more impressive to me than the other homebrew's I have seen. Although the sprites look un-refined so far. I think it could turn into a great game or maybe if this is a dud they use the engine to make a better game the second go around.

I think Knight's Chance has a cool look. I also like Fast Striker and Razion. I also like Blazing Star better then either of those shooters. Gunlord is pretty good but a little janky feeling in places, but bottom line I am glad people are making homebrews.

Sure you might not like the fact that it's a gambling game. But, it had a few things going for it. The visuals/music was crazy good looking and above all, it's a new thing on the neo...not some rehashed thing.

Paiku

Crazed MVS Addict
You did a really good job. If the game in the video is for the Mega Drive, then I'd love to see what you can do on the NEO.

Yep, working around the restrictions of the MD is a pain though.

Would love to work on another Neo game in the future, it's a 2d powerhouse in comparison.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
That's funny James, I'm actually responsible for the backgrounds/stages of project y.

nice job man; your work is sick. hope you are contracted to work on another neo title in the future.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I just hope they change the sound the bad guys make when they die. They sound like a dog getting fucked at the moment.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I don't hate Knight's Chance or the other NG Dev games. What I meant was the run n gun game engine they showed for this game is technically more impressive to me than the other homebrew's I have seen. Although the sprites look un-refined so far. I think it could turn into a great game or maybe if this is a dud they use the engine to make a better game the second go around.

I think Knight's Chance has a cool look. I also like Fast Striker and Razion. I also like Blazing Star better then either of those shooters. Gunlord is pretty good but a little janky feeling in places, but bottom line I am glad people are making homebrews.

Dude, FYI you need to just stop now. You are digging a big ass hole, you already put your foot in your mouth about K.C. There are a lot of games I don't care for but show some respect for the guys behind all the hard work.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I just hope they change the sound the bad guys make when they die. They sound like a dog getting fucked at the moment.

Its the legendary Wilhelm scream.

wheelaa

New Challenger

Pre-orders haven't opened yet at all.

They operated a backing, in their words 'investor', system. Donate towards a project, have a say on the direction the game takes, the more you donate, the greater the weight you can assign to poll replies, should you choose.

Money donated towards a project is turned into 'gems', $1=10 gems, which, when the time comes, can be converted to actual products, including investor only items.

The window for new investors is closed, although existing ones can add more money for gems for items. 500 gems, so $50, gets the 'investor edtion' for example. Investors can't convert their gems yet, but I assume that will come when pre-orders open.

Back on topic...looks like one of the grunts is realigning his knackers at one point.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What do you guys think of the title? When I saw the title of this thread (where I got the news first) I thought it was actually a joke. I'm not really the politically correct type but I think that it's a little bit off.

Imagine someone came out with a Vietnam war game and called it Charlie Bomber or Slope Blaster or something. :lolz: I know the guys a German themselves but still.

Last edited:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
After I looked first trailer KB, my brain thought MS first ... this is my first time that I feel disappointed NGdev game.
It's not fair if I will take KB compare with the legend game like MS but NGdev has much time to make it? I thought I should get KB better like this!!!
The good quality of NGdev is showed from many games like GL, LH, FS... but KB is not!
Honestly I will preorder but not because I like this game but because I have NGdev collection series so I don't want to miss one of them. If you are gamer who like to play good quality game, wait to play KB in Dreamcast....
Regards
Saad

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I do like the backgrounds. Jumping physics need a lot of work though; it's like the dude is sliding up and down ignoring gravity. Or the tank shell that doesn't start to fall until it travels so far, that's going to make it awkward as hell to dodge. If they want this out by next winter they've got a long season ahead of them. This will need a lot of refinement to win me over.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

LOL, well I guess I love your work Tim. Nice work dude. Can that game be ported to the Neo?