Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I have not seen this level of jubilation and heartbreak since the days of the Neo Geo X.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Still waiting for the LE. I rather save 100 Euro then geting a poster and soundtrack I don't need.

If the LE will only be 100 is it actually more limited then the CE now? :lol:

What I don't understand is why there are two months time neccessary between the CE and LE?
Meh.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Nice update from them about selling some more units, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Why not leave pre-orders open for a few weeks, and if say 230 copies have been ordered, just make and sell them? I don't get why the numbers have to be so limited? If its cost so much to make the game, don't feel bad about making some profit here - sell the community what it wants >.<

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I don't get why the numbers have to be so limited?
The only reason I can think of is that they might be running out of cart shells and snap cases. Selling their games in such limited numbers when they could easily make a lot more money would be ridiculously stupid, otherwise.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The only reason I can think of is that they might be running out of cart shells and snap cases. Selling their games in such limited numbers when they could easily make a lot more money would be ridiculously stupid, otherwise.

Eventually they will run out, what then? Hell i would be fine if they done just done MVS carts only. Just do a barebones MVS cart and let the buyer source the shock & insert from Southtown. Then they could make enough to supply the demand. Be a a lot less headache on them for sure.

Or if they wanted to go MVS (only) eventually and wanted something a bit more nice with the AES style cart label. They could get that kick starter going that Shadowkn55 was trying to do for MVS shells that look similar to AES carts. That would be pretty sweet imo.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
You know, its getting harder and harder for me every year that goes not to go to MVS only. I guess the only reason I still hold on is because I have owned my original AES for 20+ years. Not really a great reason to keep I know.

Do what I did and just pick up an OMEGA, you can still hold onto your AES and games. Then you've got the choice of picking up for either system. While I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to having the internal memory card installed (got my OMEGA before these were available), with that installed you've basically got an AES.

And the OMEGA is pretty darn nice looking, especially next to an AES.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Do what I did and just pick up an OMEGA, you can still hold onto your AES and games. Then you've got the choice of picking up for either system. While I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to having the internal memory card installed (got my OMEGA before these were available), with that installed you've basically got an AES.

Pick up an Omega, then you've got the choice of picking up for either system? Yeah, well, the Daedalus is a better choice. Then I can pick up for either system and I have less shit lying around with less clutter and less cables.

With an internal memory card you've basically got an AES.... that is stuck with just one memory card. But, if you want to have a game, like Last Hope, which is hard as all fuck, and you wish to have multiple mem cards with multiple saves, (to be able to choose what ever stage you wish to start on), then the AES is the only TRUE way to go because the Omegas is internal.

The Omega looks pretty nice, especially next to an AES?? The AES looks perfect as it is, and looks even better with AES carts surrounding it. :D

Truth be told, with the Daedalus around, I am shocked anyone even buys those Omegas anymore or CMVS's in general. Now the AES can play both library of carts, (AES and MVS), without an issue. Can you say that of any CMVS?

Don't get me wrong here, I love my MVS carts also, but they are for use on the Big Red Cab, or the AES using the Daedalus. The Omega/CMVS is totally last decade.

This is of coarse, just a fact.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Well you know many of us don't want to buy DG products...there is always the Magic Key converter as an option also where you can fit the mvs cart on top. Not sideways like DG converter which looks a bit flakey. And for the same price as these converters go you can built or buy a cmvs. Maybe even cheaper.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
gameplay vids look good compared to the early footage

they polished it up nicely

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's all about what you want out of your gaming experience ultimately that should decide what system you should get. I wanted the Omega, and absolutely loved the design. The cost wasn't an issue at all as I started saving money for it the moment I saw it online. However, my decision changed when I saw an AES for cheap that needed repair. I did some research on games I wanted and prices they were going for. When I saw that some games were more for AES than MVS, I questioned my decision until I spotted the Daedalus. Weighing all options, I decided to buy the AES and pick up the Daedalus, and was glad I did. Looking back on it, I would still make the same choice, as I am totally satisfied.

Still though, I disagree that the Omega is last decade. The Omega is still now, and is still wow, as it gives a lot of us that grew up in arcades or dreamed of owning a Neo Geo the opportunity to buy one at an affordable price, especially since arcades are disappearing constantly. You can make an argument about the adapters for AES all day long, but at the end of the day, it's about the games, the nostalgia, and the experience. And, for the record, my choice to buy a DG product was done before I joined here. I'd still buy that again just to play the MVS carts, even though it doesn't play all the NG:DEV carts I've missed out on.

I just want to play the great games available from then and now.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Well you know many of us don't want to buy DG products...there is always the Magic Key converter as an option also where you can fit the mvs cart on top. Not sideways like DG converter which looks a bit flakey. And for the same price as these converters go you can built or buy a cmvs. Maybe even cheaper.

Unfortunately, the Magic Key Converter is not compatible with NGDev's MVS releases, and some multicarts, it seems the daedalus is compatible with them.

Regards.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Pick up an Omega, then you've got the choice of picking up for either system? Yeah, well, the Daedalus is a better choice. Then I can pick up for either system and I have less shit lying around with less clutter and less cables.

With an internal memory card you've basically got an AES.... that is stuck with just one memory card. But, if you want to have a game, like Last Hope, which is hard as all fuck, and you wish to have multiple mem cards with multiple saves, (to be able to choose what ever stage you wish to start on), then the AES is the only TRUE way to go because the Omegas is internal.

The Omega looks pretty nice, especially next to an AES?? The AES looks perfect as it is, and looks even better with AES carts surrounding it. :D

Truth be told, with the Daedalus around, I am shocked anyone even buys those Omegas anymore or CMVS's in general. Now the AES can play both library of carts, (AES and MVS), without an issue. Can you say that of any CMVS?

Don't get me wrong here, I love my MVS carts also, but they are for use on the Big Red Cab, or the AES using the Daedalus. The Omega/CMVS is totally last decade.

This is of coarse, just a fact.

I'm still trying to get my two Gold cabs into my house somehow, maybe when I buy a bigger house someday I'll find a place for them other than the garage.

I don't see the OMEGA as last decade, if anything a side mounted converter that uses a hacked AES cart shell is last decade. I always thought that type of converter design was so ghetto.

You can't play any NG: DEV.TEAM MVS games on an AES console with any converter as of Gunlord and on, so unless something has changed in the past few years I'm not aware about your statement about playing anything on an AES is wrong.

That's what led me to buy an OMEGA, which can play Gunlord MVS and later titles.

But to each his own.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Unfortunately, the Magic Key Converter is not compatible with NGDev's MVS releases, and some multicarts, it seems the daedalus is compatible with them.

Regards.

Are you sure? When Gunlord came out even the Daedalus didn't work with it, did this change?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

I am going to eventually get a CMVS once I get moved but, it will be built by James: Xian Xi. Huge fan of his work. :cool:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Are you sure? When Gunlord came out even the Daedalus didn't work with it, did this change?

I am sure of the Magic Key not working with Gunlord and Razion MVS, because that's what I have. I believe Fakk2 wrote before that the Daedalus works with his MVS carts of NGDev releases and I think he has them all.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I am sure of the Magic Key not working with Gunlord and Razion MVS, because that's what I have. I believe Fakk2 wrote before that the Daedalus works with his MVS carts of NGDev releases and I think he has them all.

Regards.

Fixed 'cause I know you get a kick of regarding at every turn.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

Interesting; when Gunlord MVS was released the reason it wouldn't work on an AES was because it was looking for backup RAM that the AES doesn't have. This was well documented at that time, there were numerous threads on the subject.

Even Timm eventually conceded that Gunlord or any future MVS release more than likely wouldn't run on AES hardware anymore (I believe this was due to the new MVS boards they had started using).

Even the Daedalus couldn't run it, and that came from DavidG himself (I had sent him my Gunlord copy along with a Phantom II and a black Super MVS converter II).

He proposed adding backup RAM to an AES which would have made it more like an MVS to get the game to run, but that mod wasn't for me.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Interesting; when Gunlord MVS was released the reason it wouldn't work on an AES was because it was looking for backup RAM that the AES doesn't have. This was well documented at that time, there were numerous threads on the subject.

Even Timm eventually conceded that Gunlord or any future MVS release more than likely wouldn't run on AES hardware anymore (I believe this was due to the new MVS boards they had started using).

Even the Daedalus couldn't run it, and that came from DavidG himself (I had sent him my Gunlord copy along with a Phantom II and a black Super MVS converter II).

He proposed adding backup RAM to an AES which would have made it more like an MVS to get the game to run, but that mod wasn't for me.

I do not know here for sure, like I said, I hae a Magic Key converter and it fails to play the 2 NGDev carts I have, however here's what Fakk2 have to say about his converter and NGDevTeam MVS carts:
Fakk2 said:
I am using the upgraded Pranslation, which is basically the Daedalus Converter. It plays every single NG Dev Team MVS game without a problem

Link: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-Game-Razion&p=3833727&viewfull=1#post3833727

Regards.

Fakk2

The Omega is still now, and is still wow, as it gives a lot of us that grew up in arcades or dreamed of owning a Neo Geo the opportunity to buy one at an affordable price, especially since arcades are disappearing constantly.

I'd still buy the Daedalus just to play the MVS carts, even though it doesn't play all the NG:DEV carts I've missed out on.

Exactly, the Arcade Cabs are disappearing from Arcades constantly, and for the most part, are for sale CHEAPER than the CMVS's are normally. So, why again, should anyone get the CMVS's for MORE MONEY when they can get a full blown 6 Slot Neo-Geo Big Red cab new like I did for $400??

I don't see the OMEGA as last decade, if anything a side mounted converter that uses a hacked AES cart shell is last decade. I always thought that type of converter design was so ghetto.

You can't play any NG: DEV.TEAM MVS games on an AES console with any converter as of Gunlord and on, so unless something has changed in the past few years I'm not aware about your statement about playing anything on an AES is wrong.

If you think that the MVS cart sticking out sideways so you can see the cart label that your playing looks "ghetto", however, plugging the cart on TOP of the unit so it requires a MILE of space ABOVE the console so that it does not fit in ANY entertainment center normally, does NOT look "ghetto", I would hate to see what else you think looks normal in your house.

As for not being able to play all NGDevTeam games on the Daedalus, where did you get that crap from? A unicorns ass? I have every game made from NGDevTeam, on both MVS and AES, some of them in multiples, and I tested them with a Daedalus, and also with my own Daedalus Prototype which I own 2 of, and ALL the games play PERFECTLY all the way through. Thank you very much for spawning false rumors without actually knowing what the fuck your talking about though. :P Next time, perhaps it would be better to actually know the facts, before spewing out false rumors.

The early proto Gunlord carts (before actual release date), were using similar style carts as the first run of Fast Striker 1.0, which indeed needed the MVS hardware. However, after David and I both contacted NGDevTeam and told them about it, and told them that their games needed to work with these converters for all future games so that everyone can play them, design and code changed slightly, and from that moment onward all the games worked fine with the Daedalus and the 2 Daedalus Protos that I own.

Anyone that sits there saying that the games do not work, before even TESTING them out, are just speculating on false rumors. Every Neo-Geo MVS game including the NGDevTeam carts work on the Daedalus, except Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Fast Striker 1.0, and the Last Hope "AES Classic Edition", (which has a few game resetting issues but was never actually meant for MVS to begin with), and Super Bubble Pop has a few very very minor sprite issues, otherwise the Daedalus is spot on accurate with everything else. My Daedalus Prototype 1.0 works perfectly with ALL carts including the Super Bubble Pop, and Last Hope Classic as well. The only carts it will not play are the CTHD and Fast Striker 1.0 Carts as well.

Timm concurred that the Fast Striker 1.0 carts were early design boards, and they would recommend everyone that wants Fast Striker and Pink Bullets, should buy the re-prints that are available now, due to them being able to accept the newest firmware updates that the old big style boards cannot update to. I myself own the old "Big Board" Fast Striker and Pink Bullets LE MVS carts, and aside from not being able to update Fast Striker beyond 1.5 and Pink Bullets beyond 1.1 FW, they still do work with the Daedalus, and Daedalus Prototype converters. I do want to trade them one day for the smaller board revisions due to them being able to credit feed via select button, otherwise they work fine as they are.

@aha2940- Thank you for attempting to let them know the truth.

For everyone to know: My own test results for the Daedalus (red boards), and my Prototype Daedalus 1.0 (before the first official Daedalus was released to the public), The Daedalus is compatible with all Last Hope Pink Bullets carts and firmware revisions, all Gunlord carts and firmware revisions, all Fast Striker carts and firmware revisions, (except first gen 1.0 carts), all Neo XYX carts and firmware revisions, and all Razion carts and firmware revisions thus far, (though NGDevTeam worked on a 1.1 private beta update that should fix problems on some CMVS systems, interestingly enough). All tested on my First Gen AES (serial 11,xxx) European console. I also sent my Knights Chance, Gunlord 1.2, and Razion (1.1beta) to a friend on these forums to test on his AES later gen Japanese console, and his results using the Red Board Daedalus is working perfectly as well.

It is also compatible with Knights Chance carts, and Metal Slug X carts!

It is also 99% compatible with Super Bubble Pop as well, which are very crudely made carts to begin with, that I am shocked work at all on the MVS system. The Prototype Daedalus is the only known converter to work perfectly with the SBP.

The Daedalus is compatible with all normal carts made for the MVS Neo-Geo on the AES, and the ONLY carts that are incompatible are the ones that REQUIRE the MVS hardware, which are limited in the extreme.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Also TMOSteel, I was also in contact with DavidG when we were working on him designing the Daedalus using my Pranslation as his Prototype board, and he told me flat out, that the REASON he is posting the Gunlord picture on the Daedalus packing material is the fact that the Daedalus and my Prototype should play the game perfectly once officially released, and sure enough they did. So again, where the fuck did you come up with this stuff? When I was in touch with both DavidG and NGDevTeam, both of them, including myself, all talked about how to make sure that the game Gunlord would be working by the time it was released, and that there was not one cart existing that the Daedalus shouldn't work with from that point on as the Daedalus uses every single contact point that the MVS carts use from MVS to the AES, so unless the games use the MVS hardware that the AES does not have, which is rare, then they will all work, and the NGDevTeam is striving to make sure that the Fast Striker 1.0 incident never occurs again. I have been personally testing the NGDevTeam games and telling them how everything works on my end for every game, so I know for a fact that all of them work.

Lastly, I own ALL the NGDevTeam LE MVS releases, so all of them were 1.0 versions except for Fast Striker. My Gunlord 1.0 was also tested working perfectly before being updated to 1.2 and still is working. My Neo XYX was 1.0 and working fine before being updated to 1.3 and is still working perfectly so forth and so on. I even updated my MVS games ON MY AES using the Daedalus hooked up to the PC. Imagine that shit.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Fakk2-

If the incompatibility issue has been resolved, that's good to know, thank you for the update. As I said my information was based on when Gunlord was first released on MVS. I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I'll PM you what I can when I have some free time.

Fakk2

Fakk2-

If the incompatibility issue has been resolved, that's good to know, thank you for the update. As I said my information was based on when Gunlord was first released on MVS. I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I'll PM you what I can when I have some free time.

Well, I had the cart when it was first released on MVS, and it worked at that time as it does now. There was no point in history when it did not actually work on the AES via the Daedalus converter because I have it since release date, I played it, I beat it, all on the Daedalus Prototype, and the Daedalus Final Converter. If anyone said it did not work, it must have been people that were using the Magic Key, or the Phantom-1, the Double Space etc..but, as far as the Daedalus is concerned, it has always worked since the date that NGDevTeam changed the design right before they released the game to the public.

Anything else you wish to discuss, I am always here and available to chat via PM if you wish. I just hope from this point moving forward, if you or anyone else decides to talk about the Neo on these forums, please just do so in a way that is 100% truth, not speculation or rumors. Especially if it is to sway people away from getting something top notch for their systems just because "people dislike the guy that made it because XXX" like others do about the Daedalus Converter.

Thank you. :)

-J

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
So, why again, should anyone get the CMVS's for MORE MONEY when they can get a full blown 6 Slot Neo-Geo Big Red cab new like I did for $400??
You may not have noticed but cabs take up space, girlfriends/wifes usually don't want them in the house and they are a pain in the ass to move around.

And no, I don't own a "CMVS". I'm the one who owns this monstrocity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5o28ZpvayM

BOERenSKIN

n00b
You may not have noticed but cabs take up space, girlfriends/wifes usually don't want them in the house and they are a pain in the ass to move around.

And no, I don't own a "CMVS". I'm the one who owns this monstrocity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5o28ZpvayM

Just use the right reason, my wife me let buy a candies for the living room as the old upright was to big and ugly and a candy would look so much better. And it was paid from the house account. Maybe need a girlfirend who accept a cabinet in the livingroom ;)