Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
'The game will be licensed in 2016 to another arcade platform for Japan/Asia.'

What could that mean?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Wow, those new screens look excellent! I didn't have a problem with the game's looks before like many others, but now it looks phenomenal. Can't wait for the new video!

And I love the masks :)

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
'The game will be licensed in 2016 to another arcade platform for Japan/Asia.'

What could that mean?

I think the "All MVS versions are limited to one print run." stuff on that line is more interesting.
I guess they wont do KB reprints, due to releasing on another platform as well.

Glad I preordered the LE early :)

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Anyone see those new screen shots? Looks like there are some scaling effects, like in Metal Slug 6. The main character sprite looks smaller relative to the total screen size in some of the pictures. Am I seeing things? Backgrounds are looking excellent, I am highly anticipating this game.

Will be interesting to see if the licensed arcade release will be like a turbo version as well. I can't imagine the game being a straight port.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
This is brilliant! Different insert designs mean some collectors will not only be double dipping, but triple>quadruple dipping this time, buying

JP AES CE
US AES CE
JP AES LE
US AES LE

Else the collection won't be complete.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
This is brilliant! Different insert designs mean some collectors will not only be double dipping, but triple>quadruple dipping this time, buying

JP AES CE
US AES CE
JP AES LE
US AES LE

Else the collection won't be complete.

Yeah, that is bullshit for sure on the collector's mentality. I like they done that with the inserts though. Dosen't NGDEV just let you buy one copy per person or shipped to an address? I just want ONE damn copy of the game, that will piss me off people buying 4 copys of the game. Then leave none for the less unfortunate that doesn't have money to burn.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah, that is bullshit for sure on the collector's mentality. I like they done that with the inserts though. Dosen't NGDEV just let you buy one copy per person or shipped to an address? I just want ONE damn copy of the game, that will piss me off people buying 4 copys of the game. Then leave none for the less unfortunate that doesn't have money to burn.

Good thing most MVS collectors don't care. This game is gonna be funded by the jockey grand prix aes types.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow, those new screens look excellent! I didn't have a problem with the game's looks before like many others, but now it looks phenomenal. Can't wait for the new video!

And I love the masks :)

Well then, aren't you glad some people know better than to be complacent?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Good thing most MVS collectors don't care. This game is gonna be funded by the jockey grand prix aes types.

You know, its getting harder and harder for me every year that goes not to go to MVS only. I guess the only reason I still hold on is because I have owned my original AES for 20+ years. Not really a great reason to keep I know.

Last edited:

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Well then, aren't you glad some people know better than to be complacent?

Sure am. As I said, I already liked what we were shown in the beginning, but this is a clear improvement. NGDEV obviously listened to what people had to say, which is always nice.

neoforever51

Rugal's Thug
Pre-orders starts in a few minutes, price approxymately 549 euros for CE

Last edited:

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
Orders are open! Just ordered mine (US) :-)

Last edited:

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Ordered a copy too (Jap). Wondering how quickly it will sell out?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Looks promising and they still have some time to improve. For me the few extra papers are not worth 100 Euro. Waiting for the LE.

I have to say I really don't like the new music. Doesn't fit for me kinda.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Looks promising and they still have some time to improve. For me the few extra papers are not worth 100 Euro. Waiting for the LE.

They said that they switched music composers so that was all just extremely early version. That being said I think its awesome, the mask idea is cool as shit imo. I like the scatter shot gun that going to sweet using.

Did you guys see that soldier jump out of the snow man at 3:50 in the video? That was cool had a good chuckle at that.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
For those that may not receive the newsletter:

Dear customers,

We recommend to first watch the new trailer and then read the long text:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OEt-3CMXI

This video shows an early development version.
Due to a change to a different musician team all music is extremely early.
We are going this time with a FM/chip tune sounding soundtrack.
The music is done by the team Groovemaster303 and Jredd.

Game play:

As we got mixed reactions for the last video trailer we worked very hard to improve on all fronts.

Differences to MS games:

As some people think this is a blatant MS clone,here are some differences listed:

- Mask feature. Wear different masks to change your characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.

Examples:

- Chicken mask: become John Chickenstein and rescued chicks will join forces with their Gatling guns. You can also float slightly down with your feather power and drop big egg grenades.

- 13th Splatterguy mask: turn the fight into a blood carnage with your super charged long range machete. Rage flows early through your body. Knife throwing chick sidekicks.

- Wolf mask: supercharge your weapon power and make the grunts your little pigs. Rage flows early through your body. May have reduced scoring potential, but is easier to play.

- Pig mask: sniffle out secrets like a truffle pig and don't get eaten by the big bad wolves. Your tasty bacon body withstands a few bullet hits. Reduces difficulty in a passive way.

- Japanese "Tengu" demon mask: Jump as high and fast like a Ninja, use a Katana for close range attack and lay fused bombs (use them tactical). Also 3-way shuriken throwing ninja chicks.

Currently we have 5 mask implemented, but we plan to add 4-6 more, like "Vampire Hunter" mask (chain whip in the dictator's castle?), "Gunlord" mask (maybe with his wheel bombs?), "Uncle Sam", "McKraken Nerd mask", "Chainsaw killer mask". The possibilities are endless.

- Rescued chicks can act as sidekicks (depends on the mask). For example they shoot a Gatling gun, throw shurikens and knives. The amount of chicks attached change also their behavior.

Contra style controls and game play elements such as:

• 8 way aiming
  • Aim lock (lock the weapon in a direction to better shoot enemies from above)
  • You can hold 2 weapons and switch between them anytime. If you die, you only loose the active one. (adds a nice tactical component)
  • With holding the lever in direction you can throw grenades further away
  • You can drop down from ledges/objects and outmaneuver enemies from above.
  • Faster pacing
  • Weapons like 3-way, scatter particle shotgun, arch grenades and others
  • Lot's of mini bosses (a little bit boss fest style here and there)
  • Spawning run-in enemies in some run'n'gun sequences.
  • 1 mid boss per stage
  • 2-3 scenario changes per stage
  • Different characters may have slightly different abilities (like speed/jump height)

- 2 players can co-op/interact with each other, like standing on the shoulders of each other to reach higher places. The score counter is shared for maximum co-op feels.

- Mission bosses are mostly based on German WW2 "Wonder Weapons". Like "Der Mörser „Karl“ (Gerät 040/041)", The "Bismarck", "Schweres 80-cm-Kanone (E) „Sondergeschütz“ Dora". We also added a few fantasy bosses like WW2 style mechas

- Mid bosses and mini bosses are more fantasy based like War-hot-air balloon, WW2 style mechas "Schneeläufer Ausf. B", "Über Soldiers", "Russian War Bears".

- Stages are up to 9000 pixel long pixel art drawings (no tiles, just like a huge fighting game background)
It's probably one of the most ambition pixel arts games made in a long time. No other company out there besides us is doing real 16 pixel art arcade games anymore and especially not in this scope.

- choose up to 3 different routes/difficulties with changes in length/map design/enemies and attack patterns.

- physic simulation for dead bodies/body parts, a first on NEOGEO! and a first on 16 bit? (currently in BETA)

- 60FPS/60Hz twice as fluid, twice as responsive, zero the lag of MS games.

- one of the biggest and most ambitious games developed for NEOGEO since SNK's unfortunate demise in 2000.

If you still think it's just a clone, just think of it as an in-official sequel. But with completely new engine, completely new graphics,completely new music, completely new stages, completely new enemies and completely new game play.

We want this game to become our masterpiece and tribute to NEOGEO and we are willing to continuing work very hard for it. If you have any feedback how we can further improve or cool ideas for mask items please don't hesitate to contact us. You can contact us anonymous too:
http://www.ngdevdirect.com/contact_us.php
(just use some bogus email).

If you don't follow us on social medias, you can find some new CRT screen shots and product photos here: http://www.kraut-buster.com

Kraut Buster will be awesome!

Best regards,
NGDEV

Last edited:

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Looks great and it seems they r really gonna try to make this game as good as it gets especially since they r listening to all us Neo junkies. I think this game only gets better. They r determined to make it great!

VGC1612

New Challenger
All 98 units of Kraut Buster AES CE are sold out after 1 hour. Thanks for the quick support! The "normal" AES version follows in 2-3 month.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Yeah the posters are the only thing that's semi tempting I don't want or need any of that other extra stuff.

The music composer Groovemaster303 has a soundcloud account and there's a bunch of his FM synth/Genesis songs there. There's some really good stuff there so hopefully he can come up with something that fits the game setting more.

- Stages are up to 9000 pixel long pixel art drawings (no tiles, just like a huge fighting game background)

The additional cost stuff makes more sense now.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
You should be able to ride that bear after killing it's rider. Also can you shoot diagonally down while standing?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
They have certainly addressed much in the video. Looks more removed from MS and looks fun to play also.