Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I mean, I really love NGDevTeam, but say what? 399 Euros and you will get people something that is less than perfect? I don't really get this. I could understand it (barely) with the woody shells, since they seem (to me at least) to be hand-made. They are not perfect by any means, but are a handicraft, I get the imperfections, but these are ABS plastic, machine-made, how can they deliver anything but perfect shells for that price? I'm...speechless honestly.

Regards.

Dude, I wouldn't get too worked up about that, seriously. Since they started coming out with this wood shell BS I've always insisted on having my carts in plastic. For both XYX and Razion, Timm was warning me in advance that there would be imperfections like light scratches and bruising. Both carts arrived in pristine condition.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Well, there was a time though, long before that time you mentioned, where 100% of everything made for arcades came from the US... and if we're gonna play the blame game of what's original and what's not, then Breakout is Arkanoid, or better yet, Pong is everything ;).

The animation argument can go from west to east, too, just think of Disney. Sonic is modeled after The Maus, who could ever deny that? And who could deny, that Sonic is a great character, nevertheless? So, Europeans can do manga inspired characters, I just wish, the DEV.TEAM would stop the mindless babe designs. Their idea of "fan service" desperately needs a complete overhaul.
You don't get it. In all the examples you gave, whatever thing was "inspired by" something else, improved and expanded on the source material. Kraut buster doesn't improve anything about Metal Slug. It can't even get to that ground level, let alone improve upon it.

And not that I need a "fan service" game, but if they changed the theme to hot chics running around with heavy artillery, at least that would show something slightly creative beyond the source material. And no, crazy cows aren't enough. And whatever proposed sci-fi slant doesn't do much for anyone as we already have aliens and UFOs in the Metal Slug series.
-ud

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@-ud

So, you've played it? Cause it would be the first time I've heard of somebody, who could actually know a game before playing it at least once... Still, if we're talking about the flawed concept of this particular game, which I supposedly don't get... see post #146. I did not like it either.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You don't get it. In all the examples you gave, whatever thing was "inspired by" something else, improved and expanded on the source material. Kraut buster doesn't improve anything about Metal Slug. It can't even get to that ground level, let alone improve upon it.

And not that I need a "fan service" game, but if they changed the theme to hot chics running around with heavy artillery, at least that would show something slightly creative beyond the source material. And no, crazy cows aren't enough. And whatever proposed sci-fi slant doesn't do much for anyone as we already have aliens and UFOs in the Metal Slug series.
-ud

It's not even that, for me. It's the simple fact I already have literally six other actual Metal Slug titles on the Neo Geo I can put in right now. I'm not interested in picking up another. Hell, I don't need all of the ones I already have.

Now, when this Ikari style game comes out, we can talk :D

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

-ud

This is also another reason that it's retarded.

Don't waste your time discussing with OC - he's already had a jug of the NGDev koolaid plus they could literally put dogshit in a cart and he would buy it since he has to maintain a "complete" collection.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Don't waste your time discussing with OC (...) he has to maintain a "complete" collection.

Allright, it's the collection that bother's you then... Well, I don't count indie games as part of an NG collection, nor do I have a complete one. Do you? If so, congrats...

...they could literally put dogshit in a cart and he would buy it.

I also bought Knight's Chance, if that's what you mean, and enjoy it quite a lot. Still, I wouldn't know, if I haven't bought it in the first place, so...

Last edited:

Bar81

20 Year Member
So you don't have every NGDev game released to date?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So you don't have every NGDev game released to date?

You got me there, ...that was a good one I didn't expect ;). I bought, yeah, but I did not keep everyone. The Fast Striker one was not up my alley and why bother with Pink Bullets? Anyway, even if it may smell like fawn, brilliant reply. Me salute ;).

Bar81

20 Year Member
You got me there, ...that was a good one I didn't expect ;). I bought, yeah, but I did not keep everyone. The Fast Striker one was not up my alley and why bother with Pink Bullets? Anyway, even if it may smell like fawn, brilliant reply. Me salute ;).

OC you're a good sport :)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I believe you mean the Limited Edition (LE+Gamecenter kit). There is no number in the gamecenter edition. And it's now 4, not 5 :P

Damn just 1 left now, I'm ready for the next video of the fixes and upgrades hopefully soon.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it's retarded to have a limit this far out from production. It should be open for pre-order only on the LE version. GC version should be available anytime.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I think it's also stupid to stop offering sales - I mean so early like this they could have made 2 or 3, maybe 4 times the number of carts? Seems like their aim is to sell as few carts as possible. Glad I bagged one before they ran out but I don't get the logic behind the very limited run? It's more cost effective to produce more.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it's also stupid to stop offering sales - I mean so early like this they could have made 2 or 3, maybe 4 times the number of carts? Seems like their aim is to sell as few carts as possible. Glad I bagged one before they ran out but I don't get the logic behind the very limited run? It's more cost effective to produce more.

In the words of NGDEV, "There isn't a high enough demand to coincide with a higher print run. We limit it too 100 units and sometimes we don't even sell that many during pre-orders". I think they should open it back up for pre-order and then just order what they need with a few extras.

That was then and this is now. The future is now.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They're just trying to push interest. I'm sure they'll produce another release as a second print later. Fucking marketing ploy BS.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They're just trying to push interest. I'm sure they'll produce another release as a second print later. Fucking marketing ploy BS.

Regular version is still available is it not? Only the LE is sold out.

They should sell some merchandise via their website. I would buy some of the soundtracks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I thought the regular version was sold out as well. Maybe I misunderstood, if that's the case then why are people crying? Just for some douchebag LE BS?! Please.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Were there only like 10 LE kits this time, or what? ;) You know, congrats to them. People are diggin it. I really do hope it's a success, cause I'm looking forward to their next game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least there's still the gamecenter version. Wonder how many people picked up doubles... That was a quick sale of the LE kits.

If there wasn't a limit on how many copies each customer can order, some flipper could just grab them all in one fell swoop (like how neotropolis bought 26 copies of Fight Fever).

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
If there wasn't a limit on how many copies each customer can order, some flipper could just grab them all in one fell swoop (like how neotropolis bought 26 copies of Fight Fever).

Huh? Really? Did it pay off for them?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Why do you care, rodent?

Because I find it hilarious that someone would buy 26 copies of this ...gem. :D

Don't get me wrong, I have the game myself and even play it from time to time, just for kicks. But to buy more than two dozen copies of it is kind of bold. :)

(and who're ya calling a rodent, tin can? :make_fac:)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Did it pay off? Sounds like a future market leech.

I'm calling you rodent 'cause of the squirrel on your ava and my Turrican suit is made of bad ass.