Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

undamned

Pleasure Goal
NGDEV should replace the Kraut thing by a Kiwi theme, stuff even more little yellow birds in it and release it as The New Zealand Story IV: Return Of The Killer Seal while Taito aren't looking.
Commander Quackers: Peep Patrol
10/10 would buy.

Looks pretty okay I guess. Not 500USD okay,but okay none the less.
I can't think of any games that are "okay" that I would be willing to drop 5 bills on. Then again, I'm not a Neo "collector."
-ud

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The Dreamcast version will have more reasonable prices.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
They haven't announced A DC Razion yet either. As far as I'm aware.

If it comes out on DC, it'll be hamstrung anyways. Fast Striker was. Found out first hand...

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
After Dux, Dux 1.1, Dux 1.5 and the remake Redux, Redux 1.1, the re-remake Razion wasn't really necessary on Dreamcast. :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm all for Dreamcast releases. The only game I have played from them that I feel worthy of MVS acquisition is Gun Lord, yes GL has its share of problems but they're so minimal, the overall experience is surreal. The soundtrack and Backgrounds helps tremendously to set the mood in, well maybe I'm biased as hell 'cause I'm a Turrican kinda guy but I feel the character is awesome, the simple story gets you engaged, it let's you fill in the blanks sorta deal. I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel. I'm also eagerly and patiently waiting for the MVS reprint end of this year.

Fast Striker was meh, the backgrounds are awesome, didn't like the movement nor the pickups, lots of strange movement going on there.

Last Hope was ok, the pre-rendered sprite work has a nasty mesh effect that looks so dirty. Gameplay was good, love memorization/check point games, Pink Bullets was a good move.

Neo XYX, love the Toaplan/Raizing homage, love the sprite work, love the OST. Wish the game had just a bit more gameplay wise but I understand the simplicity of it and I feel it's a solid experience, wouldn't mind getting this for MVS someday but not a must have for me yet.

DUX and updates, not a fan. Haven't played Razion yet so I can't comment on that.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm all for Dreamcast releases. The only game I have played from them that I feel worthy of MVS acquisition is Gun Lord, yes GL has its share of problems but they're so minimal, the overall experience is surreal. The soundtrack and Backgrounds helps tremendously to set the mood in, well maybe I'm biased as hell 'cause I'm a Turrican kinda guy but I feel the character is awesome, the simple story gets you engaged, it let's you fill in the blanks sorta deal. I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel. I'm also eagerly and patiently waiting for the MVS reprint end of this year.

Fast Striker was meh, the backgrounds are awesome, didn't like the movement nor the pickups, lots of strange movement going on there.

Last Hope was ok, the pre-rendered sprite work has a nasty mesh effect that looks so dirty. Gameplay was good, love memorization/check point games, Pink Bullets was a good move.

Neo XYX, love the Toaplan/Raizing homage, love the sprite work, love the OST. Wish the game had just a bit more gameplay wise but I understand the simplicity of it and I feel it's a solid experience, wouldn't mind getting this for MVS someday but not a must have for me yet.

DUX and updates, not a fan. Haven't played Razion yet so I can't comment on that.

I agree with pretty much everything there. IMO their best work thus far has been GunLord and XYX.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I could see spending 50$ on a dreamcast version of this, but not the hundreds of dollars for the Neo version. For these kind of prices home brews shouldn't look like home brews.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
complete madness. the gangrenous tip of neo geo collecting I guess.
if I where making indie-homebrew games you best bet I'd be trying to pull off something original and stimulating. not just knock-off after knock-off.
these guys that made this game have carved a niche for themselves, I find it absurd and incredible that they can generate a certain level of respect amongst yall. what can I say, I just don't get it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
complete madness..., I just don't get it.

True, this had to be said, still, there are some reasons to it and they are more or less of a sane nature...

1. ...the release schedule for our beloved One is like a desert and on a dessert, just one drop of fusty water might taste like the sweetest wine.

2. Furthermore, these games are not without quality, time & honest labour put into them. Especially considering how few coders the DEV.TEAM has.

3. One could also argue, that all original SNK releases were copied or borrowed from other milestones as in... any versus fighting game is SFII, any shoot'em-up is Gradius/R-Type and any brawler is Final Fight etc. etc. etc. And we still bought them anyway. Everything is more or less a shadow, of a shadow, of a shadow...

4. These are not produced in a mass fashion, its rather a private affair. Games made by hobbyists for, well, exactly those mentioned...

5. Finally, there's the money lead... Games released for a dead system keep the interests up the ante for it, this keeps on gathering more and more aficionados coming' to take part, this scoops more and more and more... eh, ...funds, and everybody's happy.

I mean, we're still here to play games, also those from likable indies ;).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
True, this had to be said, still, there are some reasons to it and they are more or less of a sane nature...

1. ...the release schedule for our beloved One is like a desert and on a dessert, just one drop of fusty water might taste like the sweetest wine.

2. Furthermore, these games are not without quality, time & honest labour put into them. Especially considering how few coders the DEV.TEAM has.

3. One could also argue, that all original SNK releases were copied or borrowed from other milestones as in... any versus fighting game is SFII, any shoot'em-up is Gradius/R-Type and any brawler is Final Fight etc. etc. etc. And we still bought them anyway. Everything is more or less a shadow, of a shadow, of a shadow...

4. These are not produced in a mass fashion, its rather a private affair. Games made by hobbyists for, well, exactly those mentioned...

5. Finally, there's the money lead... Games released for a dead system keep the interests up the ante for it, this keeps on gathering more and more aficionados coming' to take part, this scoops more and more and more... eh, ...funds, and everybody's happy.

I mean, we're still here to play games, also those from likable indies ;).

ok I can see the logic, thanks for that. but - the 3rd point is a little far fetched. SFII may have popularized and reinvigorated a specific arcade genre, but it was also part of a trend that went back before it (off the top of my head, Street Wise, the original Street Fighter, Fatal Fury (even though it came out at roughly the same time, some of the crew who made it where ex Capcom and amongst the makers of the first SF), Pit Fighter, same with other genres of arcade games back at the time. 90% of everything made for arcades came from Japan - the aesthetics where authentic, the feel was coherent with the times. - what Dev.Team gives you is something very different. each to their own I guess - but I just don't like it when westerners ape the anime look - there's plenty of western references that can be employed. the anime thing works in my opinion, because its not just an aestheic - there's a whole culture backing it, making it meaningful. europeans doing the anime thing is just weird to me. in a bad way.
still I concur and thus return to my former state of silence

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm laughing hard at the stupidity behind the clone/rip off argument. Fucking retarded, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how oblivious it might be.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm laughing hard at the stupidity behind the clone/rip off argument. Fucking retarded, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how oblivious it might be.

*rematerializes as vocal entity*
please elaborate
*twiddling thumbs come into existence*

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
No need, the reasons are pretty fucking evident, look in the mirror.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Mira argentina no te hagas el marica.

La ignorancia es atrevida.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Only 5 left of the Gamecenter version.

I believe you mean the Limited Edition (LE+Gamecenter kit). There is no number in the gamecenter edition. And it's now 4, not 5 :P

Also, I noticed this on the Gamecenter Edition:

www.ngdevdirecto.com said:
Kit content:

1x MVS cartridge of Kraut Buster
1x Black ABS plastic shell (slight imperfections)
Cart Sticker
Long instruction paper
Marquee
1x Game Dip Settings
1x Cardboard Box with Sticker
1x Antistatic bubble wrap bag for cartridge
Holographic serial number sticker

I mean, I really love NGDevTeam, but say what? 399 Euros and you will get people something that is less than perfect? I don't really get this. I could understand it (barely) with the woody shells, since they seem (to me at least) to be hand-made. They are not perfect by any means, but are a handicraft, I get the imperfections, but these are ABS plastic, machine-made, how can they deliver anything but perfect shells for that price? I'm...speechless honestly.

Regards.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
90% of everything made for arcades came from Japan - the aesthetics where authentic...

Well, there was a time though, long before that time you mentioned, where 100% of everything made for arcades came from the US... and if we're gonna play the blame game of what's original and what's not, then Breakout is Arkanoid, or better yet, Pong is everything ;).

The animation argument can go from west to east, too, just think of Disney. Sonic is modeled after The Maus, who could ever deny that? And who could deny, that Sonic is a great character, nevertheless? So, Europeans can do manga inspired characters, I just wish, the DEV.TEAM would stop the mindless babe designs. Their idea of "fan service" desperately needs a complete overhaul.