Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I know it is a joke, but even a bird can make an awesome protagonist if designed properly.

epsiloneagle.gif

Conker73

n00b
And using the new character I guess Nintendo wouldn't mind them them changing the title to "Duck Hunt" ;)

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Is it not illegal to use symbols of nazi's in Germany? The whole reason why wolfenstien 3d got banned there.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
Hope they can change the sound of they guys dying so it doesn't sound the same.... That would get to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
And here's the deleted trailer been reuploaded.

The jump and mobility of the main character is still very mediocre, his gravity is way off, his steps, his speed. I know it's hard but they need to tighten up, this isn't a space ship, it's a guy running, pay attention to Marco since that's the template here. Gunlord moved 100 times better than that, I don't get it.

I feel these guys are past homebrew level by now, I know they charge like they're not homebrew so I can only expect better than a homebrew development.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The jump and mobility of the main character is still very mediocre, his gravity is way off, his steps, his speed. I know it's hard but they need to tighten up, this isn't a space ship, it's a guy running, pay attention to Marco since that's the template here. Gunlord moved 100 times better than that, I don't get it.

I feel these guys are past homebrew level by now, I know they charge like they're not homebrew so I can only expect better than a homebrew development.

Absolutely this.

Also, John Chickenstein rocks. Make it happen :buttrock:

chimera

New Challenger
That chicken should on be able to be played on the April fools holiday date. I think that would be cool to implement holiday specials into a neo geo game. Special characters on the holiday or weather changes kinda like terraria does it lol.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Absolutely this.

Also, John Chickenstein rocks. Make it happen :buttrock:

ahmm... you guys are several pages late... NGdevteam stated that with the new core they can fix that easily. And is an early beta. So do not take that into account.

@theMot: Learn what "respect" means. Not for me but for the dead people, their families and friends.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Several pages late and yet the video representing the changes is still subpar. So no, I think we're on par come to think of it.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Several pages late and yet the video representing the changes is still subpar. So no, I think we're on par come to think of it.

That video didn't have any of the proposed changes in it. mehguy just reposted the original trailer that had been deleted from YouTube.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The video with the changes is not out yet. Apparently instead of a new trailer the team wants to put out several smaller videos.

Yeah this is what Timm told me as well its better to use as feedback. He also said it would be a while before the next updated video is out. Because of removing the black outlines from sprites, jump being fixed and I think he mentioned something about the music as well.

Timm asked me to post this here.

Here's a rework they did of the character art based on the feedback they've received so far:

CBfi0XnWUAEKAuD.png

You can already seen in this pic that they have removed the heavy black outline form the character's body despite the Duck joke.

Last edited:

undamned

Pleasure Goal
I would seriously be way more likely to buy this game if the main character had a duck head. Not even joking. How hard is it to be original?
-ud

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I would seriously be way more likely to buy this game if the main character had a duck head. Not even joking. How hard is it to be original?
-ud
Same. That sprite looks fun and collecting all of those little chicks would actually make sense... in a way.
They could also give the guy some small wings so he could hover in mid air for a bit. And orange chicken feet instead of the black boots.

The enemies could be turned into evil (Nazi, if that's important to anyone) easter bunnies who want to steal all the eggs in the world in order to ... wait, that reminds me of Pinky and the Brain ...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
That sprite looks fun and collecting all of those little chicks would actually make sense... in a way.
They could also give the guy some small wings so he could hover in mid air for a bit. And orange chicken feet instead of the black boots.

The enemies could be turned into evil (Nazi, if that's important to anyone) easter bunnies who want to steal all the eggs in the world in order to ... wait, that reminds me of Pinky and the Brain ...
Now, that sounds like a way more creative and worthwhile approach. They should definitely do something with the "Chickenstein" sprite... even if they just include it as a (hidden) "bonus" mode... errr, Easter Egg?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
They should definitely do something with the "Chickenstein" sprite... even if they just include it as a (hidden) "bonus" mode... errr, Easter Egg?

I would love that!
The sprite looks really good, in spite of being a joke. :D

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
NGDEV should replace the Kraut thing by a Kiwi theme, stuff even more little yellow birds in it and release it as The New Zealand Story IV: Return Of The Killer Seal while Taito aren't looking.