Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
NGDEV Team are potentially too stubborn and proud to do so, but they REALLY SHOULD drop the "Kraut Buster" title.

Although, negative publicity...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
the name is the least of this game's problems

But it's the only one that will persist for sure, most others (the appearance of some sprites, the physics of jumping) can, and probably will be fixed.

Regards.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Sounds to me like people here have turned sauer on the name Kraut.

Well, I have the custom rank "Kraut Mod" for ages now and so far nobody complained about it. Of course it's tongue-in-cheek, at least I hope that people take it that way.

As for the game itself, sorry, not interested. I've played other NGDEV games when I had the chance and while I respect the skill and labour that went in them, I couldn't say that I was particularly impressed with them. I also think they're way too expensive for what you get.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well, I have the custom rank "Kraut Mod" for ages now and so far nobody complained about it. Of course it's tongue-in-cheek, at least I hope that people take it that way.

As for the game itself, sorry, not interested. I've played other NGDEV games when I had the chance and while I respect the skill and labour that went in them, I couldn't say that I was particularly impressed with them. I also think they're way too expensive for what you get.

Let's not forget my beloved Krautrock...

Can (Holger for president), NEU!, TG and everybody's darlin' Kraftwerk won't be missed in my vinyl cabinet for sure, althought it might have been another Kraut they were using, while creating that awesome e-music of theirs... ;).

And as for the games themselves... I'm of the very same opinion, as Tak. It's hard to rap on their herculean efforts & love for the Neo, still, this does not mean, that the pleasure to play their games weights even nearly the same. I remember well the MAN!AC (5/07) review of "Last Hope" on the DC: 54%. Just above average... granted, they got better since then, but slightly so.

The game will sell though, regarding the zeitgeist with it's recent retrogaming craze, that's for sure, but if they have the slightest ambition going on beyond ca$$h, they'll keep in mind what have been said in this thread and reconsider the concepts and character designs for their next games to come...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
By all means create a fictitious setting that's WW2 inspired, but for the love of fuck don't base yet another game on ww2.

Pick a better title and add some ambiguity to the time/place this game this game explores.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

I agree completely. The title isn't a problem at all. I feel the dreamcast releases were great and at a fair price, that's what they should have kept up with, NG releases at 399EU is just c'mon!

Gunlord is an amazing game though, yes there are times when I see them funky faces in some of the sprites that take away from the otherwise serious atmosphere going on but hey, it's a style anyway and the game doesn't take itself seriously on some instances so is just a minor detail, more like a preference.

I have yet to buy Gunlord for MVS, only have the DC but I'm seriously considering it. There's no game like it on the Neo. I'd love it if NGDev would concentrate on releasing games alien to the Neo. A good boxing game would be awesome, a better wrestling game, tennis, lode runner clone, tetris (puzzled...aarggh), of course I'm just day dreaming here.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Of course, and I feel the same way. The opportunity for a bad joke was too much to resist though. ;)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm ready to see the new short video w/ some of the fixes they stated that they will be doing to it. It would be sweet if they incorporate a spread shot and make the guns power up like Super Contra arcade style. Where if you get the same gun twice it gets bigger shots and more powerful but, make it maybe power up like x3.

Have the wespons be part of the scoring as well. If you can get the same weapon 3 times w/o dying it triples your point score. It would add to the chain scoring mechanics that they are already doing.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
you mean besides the flash game-like imitation and completely unoriginal aping of another game?

Yep, you are right. Although it may technically be possible to fix it, it's highly unlikely that they will change drastically the style of the game. Only time will tell for sure, of course.

I'm ready to see the new short video w/ some of the fixes they stated that they will be doing to it. It would be sweet if they incorporate a spread shot and make the guns power up like Super Contra arcade style. Where if you get the same gun twice it gets bigger shots and more powerful but, make it maybe power up like x3.

Have the wespons be part of the scoring as well. If you can get the same weapon 3 times w/o dying it triples your point score. It would add to the chain scoring mechanics that they are already doing.

That would be a great feature for sure...on a related note, I have been playing Super C for like 20 years now and never noticed that taking the same weapon more than once makes it more powerful. gotta improve my attention to detail i guess.

Regards.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That would be a great feature for sure...on a related note, I have been playing Super C for like 20 years now and never noticed that taking the same weapon more than once makes it more powerful. gotta improve my attention to detail i guess.

Regards.

This is only in the arcade version. When you said Super C im sure you was referring to the nes right?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
For $500, you could get most of the Metal Slug series on loose MVS carts... or you can get Kraut Buster.

Parks and rec swagger.gif

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
For $500, you could get most of the Metal Slug series on loose MVS carts... or you can get Kraut Buster.

View attachment 23956

Ok, but once you do have all the Metal Slugs, what's a man to do?? Seriously, any MS looks better than KB. No questions about it (and I'm including 4 which I never really liked the recycled look). But I'm confident that when they do release it, gameplay will be good (if it's anything like their previous games). If they manage to make it fun, that's good enough for me.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just watched the video and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be based on reactions here. Since diving into indie development pretty hardcore over the last year, I can say that's it's infinitely more complex and challenging than I could have imagined. I'm blown away with what these guys have been able to do across their games with such a small team.

I think that if they really take time to incorporate the feedback, the result could be great. Hopefully, this will give the chance to step back and get the game moving in a more exciting direction. I wish them the best honestly.

Some of the art for the backgrounds is particularly impressive, although it seems that the game lacks a solid vision around the art direction...but if they can button that down, it has tremendous potential from a visual perspective.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
This is only in the arcade version. When you said Super C im sure you was referring to the nes right?

You hit the nail man. I gotta try the arcade version, it was never available where I live so I've never seen/played it.

Thanks!!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
You hit the nail man. I gotta try the arcade version, it was never available where I live so I've never seen/played it.

Thanks!!

No prob man its a great game, short but gets rough on stages 4 & 5 for sure.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
That Germanwings flight the other day ended up being a bit of a Kraut Buster eh?

Badum. Tish.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Make it a game where you're a German soldier invading France. Frog Buster.

chimera

New Challenger
I wish this game looked good like the other ngdev games but it doesnt. It looks to fake, even when the solder is walking on the ledge it looks like it's just background... I'm sure this game could be awesome with more originality. In the current state the game should be called Cock Buster. Lol..

I wish they would clone something that hasn't been on the neo like an action adventure rpg zelda type game. That would be the best selling ngdev game out for sure. I bet it would sell out fast.