Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
NGDev can get bent. This is really unacceptable, and I’m sorry for you guys that have waited this out and have nothing to show for it.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
NGDev can get bent. This is really unacceptable, and I’m sorry for you guys that have waited this out and have nothing to show for it.

I don't know what the hell happened to these guys. If I'm reading their newsletter correctly. Its just too much of a pain for them and they don't have the time for personal reasons.

Personal reasons... these mother fuckers created a game and took our money (some of us paid five years ago in 2015) and they can't be bothered to ship in a timely manor because of personal reasons.

All these bastards have to do is grab 2 friends, one can spend the time flashing the boards and the other can put it all together and pack it up.

Also the way it was worded implied it could be 2021 or 2022 before everything ships.

The only thing that makes sense is they either don't have the PCBs and materials because of manufacturing shortages, or they squandered the money and can't purchase materials.

2000% Anti German Racist

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Shit like this is why these guys are regarded as home brew and not indie. Not sure if I got a confirmation email either, but the order shows on their site when I check. Does yours show?
My order is on the site and labeled as "placed in storage". Not sure what that means, but I'm chalking this to a loss until proven otherwise. First time buying from them and a hard nope

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
All these bastards have to do is grab 2 friends, one can spend the time flashing the boards and the other can put it all together and pack it up.

No time for that, they have copies of Gunlord X they need to get shipped out. Somehow that is a priority over pre-orders from 2015.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The only thing that makes sense is they either don't have the PCBs and materials because of manufacturing shortages, or they squandered the money and can't purchase materials.

I've wondered about this, as it seems that they take the money super early, then right around the time when the carts would be assembled they seem to do reprints of the CD based ports for some quick cash.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So glad I didn’t get in on this shit. Low-tier Metal Slug knock off...

I might look to sell my NGDev games, none of them are very good anyway.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I don't know, this fast striker and gunlord look like amazing games. Wouldnt choose them over my rent though.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They are there. You can play them. You'll miss nothing if you don't. Pretty much sums it up.

Sounds like most of the Neo Geo library. But yeah, they are mostly fine games but lack polish. I like Razion a lot actually but Jeff Kurtz's Knight's Chance feels more like a legit Neo Geo game.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sounds like most of the Neo Geo library. But yeah, they are mostly fine games but lack polish. I like Razion a lot actually but Jeff Kurtz's Knight's Chance feels more like a legit Neo Geo game.

Definitely, and that’s the difference - Knight’s Chance feels like a Neo Geo game, the others feel like $5-$10 Steam games.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Gun lord feels clunky as hell, I owned it and didn't really enjoy it.

I didn’t mind Gunlord but yeah, it’s a Switch download at best.

XYX I had too, decent game but as others have said they lack polish. They look nice in videos but they just lack that smooth playability and in parts feel a bit unfinished.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Sounds like most of the Neo Geo library. But yeah, they are mostly fine games but lack polish. I like Razion a lot actually...

Forget about it, Neo's library, even its weaker games, is light years ahead of everything from NG:DEV. Each game stands up there as an integral whole, while Last Hope & Co. always feel unfinished where it counts, right at the very bottom of what can be described as gaming fun. They're like replicas of famous set pieces without a shred of plot to turn them into a coherent video game. I mean really, your Razion Player's club was way cooler than the actual game, wyo.

Of course I agree with F4U57 and max 330 mega, those games had their right to exist in times, when indie developers were a rarity and homebrew kind of the only heroes waving the "retro" flag. Today you even have separate Indie World showcases from Nintendo, top 8- and 16bit engines and vertically integrated distributors, dedicated to bring you those games as retail on top.

Seems like NG:DEV overestimated their uniqueness. Ten years ago they were respectable, five years ago their best-before date expired. Today they're not even an afterthought, but kind of a nuisance. It cries for somebody to say plz stahp.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Forget about it, Neo's library, even its weaker games, is light years ahead of everything from NG:DEV. Each game stands up there as an integral whole, while Last Hope & Co. always feel unfinished where it counts, right at the very bottom of what can be described as gaming fun. They're like replicas of famous set pieces without a shred of plot to turn them into a coherent video game. I mean really, your Razion Player's club was way cooler than the actual game, wyo.

Of course I agree with F4U57 and max 330 mega, those games had their right to exist in times, when indie developers were a rarity and homebrew kind of the only heroes waving the "retro" flag. Today you even have separate Indie World showcases from Nintendo, top 8- and 16bit engines and vertically integrated distributors, dedicated to bring you those games as retail on top.

Seems like NG:DEV overestimated their uniqueness. Ten years ago they were respectable, five years ago their best-before date expired. Today they're not even an afterthought, but kind of a nuisance. It cries for somebody to say plz stahp.

This.

/thread

/NG:DEV

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Jeff Kurtz's Knight's Chance feels more like a legit Neo Geo game.

It's a cool well polished homebrew that fits the library. Seems better fitting than NGDEV early games imo.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The thread ends in 2027 once everything is shipped.

People aren’t getting their games, they’ll announce and take payment for one final title or repress of all back catalogue including Neo XYX before they exitscam from existence.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

OK, you convinced me! Maybe Kraut Buster finally did them in anyway.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
They have nice cover art which is the most (often only) important thing to most neo collectors.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’d be happy to take Razion and/or Fast Striker off any of you fellas

:vik: