Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Game is definitely looking better. Only downside is the price point... Still debating if I should get it or not...

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Game is definitely looking better. Only downside is the price point... Still debating if I should get it or not...

I am too. I've had the payment window open since the day they reopened pre-orders. I'll probably end up just doing it. I missed out on all the other ones, unfortunately.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Is this 480 USD? That insert cover art is pretty rad so I think the protagonist's appearance is most likely cemented.
BB

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Btw guys, game can be preordered again on its AES version on their website.

Edit:
Opps, uiengineer already pointed that out lol

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Looks solid but still screams homebrew a bit. It is after all and for that it looks pretty nice!

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Looks solid but still screams homebrew a bit. It is after all and for that it looks pretty nice!

Definitely agree, there was just something that didn't sit right with me after watching the video. I think you nailed it on the head though.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The sprite work in the new trailer is lightyears beyond homebrew shit. The backgrounds alone are are just amazing pretty damn impressive imo for a small team that they are. Can't imagine the time and hard work they have spent on this game i can't wait to play it myself. :cool:

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The sprite work in the new trailer is lightyears beyond homebrew shit. The backgrounds alone are are just amazing pretty damn impressive imo for a small team that they are. Can't imagine the time and hard work they have spent on this game i can't wait to play it myself. :cool:

Some of the backgrounds could have used real parallax scrolling IMO but yeah, they look pretty good.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I think the issue for me is how the main character interacts with the background... I mean, he can jump on top of a truck which is supposed behind him? (in terms of parallax)
Also some objects suffer the same issue.. they seems suspended in thin air, rather than lying on top of something (they are but unnaturally so to say)

Definitively a great job though, mayb ethe main character is indeed a bit anonymous...a "bouncing" girl would have been a nice homage to Mai. ;)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I hope in their next trailer or screen shots they will show the other character "Rowdy" sprite or hopefully fingers crossed they will include the girl that's on the C.E. AES art work.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If I had to guess judging from the art,the only difference between the two will be a head band and a doo-rag.
BB
I hope in their next trailer or screen shots they will show the other character "Rowdy" sprite or hopefully fingers crossed they will include the girl that's on the C.E. AES art work.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
If I had to guess judging from the art,the only difference between the two will be a head band and a doo-rag.
BB

Yeah same sprite I agree pretty much just changes to the top half of them. But I bet knowing NGDEV they like to listen to feedback so I almost bet they will do the girl on the AES C.E. artwork. Be cool to have that option imo. Just getting Dyll back for the ST is great news, and probably why they delayed the last trailer.

Last edited:

Raguy

New Challenger
On their facebook page about second player:

Airon Kiss :
18 juin, 15:37
Video of the: 2 player simultaneous mode. ?

NG Dev Team : I don't think we will show a video of it. Currently the 2nd player is only a placeholder/color swap. He gets his own design later on.
20 juin, 02:17

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What's the point of the repeated complaining in this thread? Don't like it? Don't want to wait? Think it looks like a Metal Slug ripoff? Think NG Dev is a buncha fagits? Don't spend the money and stop reading the thread. If you want to complain, that's what the N64 threads are for, pages upon pages of people telling us why they don't like something.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
More BG layers I think would have set it apart from Metal Slug. Gunlord was awesome, I wish they would do something like that instead with the BGs.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
More BG layers I think would have set it apart from Metal Slug. Gunlord was awesome, I wish they would do something like that instead with the BGs.

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing, same w/bg animations/stuff you can destroy but maybe those will come later in development.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Wow.
I haven't taken a look at this game since the first demo video. It's looking a lot better, and it's looking really good.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Huge improvement here. You can see the work they've put into this release. There are still a few moments that I feel tread a bit too close to Metal Slug, and therefor make it seem like an inferior-clone. Going into the mines shows you they're not quite up to the stunning art of Slug 2/X, and you're just reminded of that by seeing such a similar scene...

Where they shine, though, they shine and there's some great little animations and touches thrown in to really give this game a lot of personality.

I wish them the best with this release. The amount of work they're putting into this is really showing and it's been looking better and better with every video.