Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
If you go to their store and click on Gunlord or LHPB you will see "Print is planed for April 2017" in yellow text.

Ohhhhhh, we're talking MVS. Okay, thanks for the clarification....I'll see myself out. :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK... copy of the email I sent Timm today Monday 13th March 2017:

Hi Tim...

Rot from Ng.com here... how is life treating you?

Anyway, there's been some small concerns with the timeframe of Kraut
Buster on our forums...

Look Timm, not all our website uses facebook and stuff... and so could
you possibly consider logging in every so often and saying something
like "HELLO... still alive... really busy here guys... but don't
worry.."

Stuff like that...

It literally takes 2 minutes pal... and would help ease some concerns.

xROTx

PS. I know you haven't logged in for 3 years on Ng.com... and Razoola
indicates you wouldn't care very much if I locked your account
there... BUT... I'd rather have an easier life and you could help me
out there Timm pal..

Let's hope he replies:D

xROTx

PS. It's better this way... give the man a chance first eh:D

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
NG: Dev's track record is pretty darn good... and so he gets the leeway and the courtesy of an email...

However, it's been 3 years since his last login... and no replies or updates on here...

OK... I APPRECIATE they're busy people... I APPRECIATE that NG.com members can sometimes be a tad vocal... However, it only takes a bit of time and effort to login to relieve some concerns...

xROTx

PS. I think... 7 days is enough of a time for me to wait...

EDIT: If you view it like this lads... the Neosd were here everyday answering questions... and they also had your cash already...

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I've supported many of the startups in the last few years- pinball and vids.

NGDev is great and KB very promising, but they are taking a looooong time...

Yeah, well ... I remember how long it took for Watermelon to finish Pier Solar, and they've kept my money for ages.

I was one of the first people to jump on as well, buying the posterity version, which allowed you to put a custom line of text in the credits.

Once they started raising funds to release ports, I mailed them to ask if those posterity lines would be left in. After all, it was the first backers who made everything possible to begin with. I got no answer, and wouldn't you know, they just put other custom texts in there, from new supporters.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. What I'm trying to say is, I got my nickname in the MegaDrive version of Pier Solar, and even though it was a long, long wait, I got what I paid for and it was worth it.

NG Dev aren't a new player, so I would just sit tight and wait. An update on the forums would be nice, but hey, as long as the game gets made, right?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yeah, well ... I remember how long it took for Watermelon to finish Pier Solar, and they've kept my money for ages.

I was one of the first people to jump on as well, buying the posterity version, which allowed you to put a custom line of text in the credits.

Once they started raising funds to release ports, I mailed them to ask if those posterity lines would be left in. After all, it was the first backers who made everything possible to begin with. I got no answer, and wouldn't you know, they just put other custom texts in there, from new supporters.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. What I'm trying to say is, I got my nickname in the MegaDrive version of Pier Solar, and even though it was a long, long wait, I got what I paid for and it was worth it.

NG Dev aren't a new player, so I would just sit tight and wait. An update on the forums would be nice, but hey, as long as the game gets made, right?

7 posts in 12 years...

You're lucky... I'm just relaxing for a while and settling back in...

xROTx

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I wonder, does the fact warrant further consideration that NG DEV don't use these boards to paddle their wares (anymore)...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I wonder, does the fact warrant further consideration that NG DEV don't use these boards to paddle their wares (anymore)...

I am having a very hard time thinking about this XS_poo...

There's a LOT of varying factors concerned here... and sometimes I feel it would be best to leave alone... my thinking is as such:

1. I have the view that there is a section of the scene that view the NG: dev products as an investment... pre-order... get the item... and wait for a while and then double your money...

I find it VERY hard to sympathise with such people...

2. Then there are the genuine buyers.... who deserve more respect than is currently being shown by Timm and his homebrew company...

3. NG: Devs track record for delivering is good... but slow... 18 months plus for most releases....

SO... i am of the opinion that maybe i should leave it alone and what will be will be....

HOWEVER... I'm also concerned that lack of info and a 2 year pre-order without any updates isn't what i would consider a "healthy" business model....

xROTx

PS. No matter how I decide to proceed if push comes to shove... I assume I will prob have my detractors....

I've never backed away from a fight before... but this one could be so easily avoided if Timm starts interacting to his customer base here...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

STFU n00b!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
STFU n00b!

17 vs. 7... people really take post counts seriously here! theMot must be joking.

Does anyone really think Kraut Busters wont happen? NG Dev Team have released a lot of games. I'm happy to wait a very long time if it means getting a better game for it. Of course everyone who bought in would like it right away but so long I'm comfortable that the money wont disappear I'm OK waiting.

Water Melon's Project Y has also been in the work for years with very little in the way of updates. But because of how well they did Pier Solar I'm confident things will work out. The 15th of this month there should be news on the Project Y front.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello... just got a reply from Timm...

"Hi Rot,

thanks for mailing.

we decided years ago to not post as a company in any forums. This has nothing to do with ng.com. It's just a general decision. It's rather unprofessional as a company to post in forums. I know some of you consider us homebrew sitting in our basement in underwear. But we are a regular registered company. I don't really want to have any employees post in behalf on the company. It's not arrogance either, it just does more harm than good.
We have a newsletter, twitter and facebook for that. Maybe that's not enough we need to see.

We have a regular newsletter, the last was send in December explaining in details the delays.
The status is pretty much the same, with beta testing starting around June and earliest start of shipping is late September.
We weren't aware of recent concerns as neither our email accounts nor facebook/twitter had much requests about Kraut Buster's status and all request were satisfyingly answered. If a customers has concerns it's best to quickly write us, we don't bite ;-)

The next big newsletter was planned for June. But I will make a few new screenshots in the coming days as a life sign and maybe some short newsletter.

Sorry for the wall of text :)
"

Take from it what you will lads... I can contact Timm and he seems nice enough...

He's someone I can work with via email... so... I'm gonna chill on this issue for a while...

xROTx

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing this Rot. This is a very good sign. You managed to get a few extra screen shots from them and now we know there is an update planned for June.
What more could we ask for?... I mean aside from the actual game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's rather unprofessional as a company to post in forums.

Well, it's not 'unprofessional' to do so per se, but if you're not professional enough to post on a forum, to distance yourself from emotions... it will show. The reply to Rots email was nice, though.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Thanks for the update Rot! I wasn't aware they had an update news letter - I will go and find out how I can register for that.

rlo

n00b
their communication on FB is plenty unprofessional, complete with bad grammar and unnecessary ambiguous answers about maybe opening preorders again for KB. posting here now and then couldn't possibly hurt.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rot-

I'm glad you got a reply from Timm, he's always responded to email but I'm not one to pester the guy with them when I have no valid questions to ask.

I appreciate you filling us in on what he has to say. I'm not a big "facebooker" myself, nor do I "twit", so those sites don't really do much for me, and I assume the same goes for other neo-geo.com users that are in the same boat.

I fall under you're # 2 (as long as I don't step in it) and have always bought these and other Neo games to play (although with stocks being what they are, Neo games really might be a better investment).

It seems now that Timm is relying on social media to get the word out on their products, which many companies do, but seeing as how this forum was very much a part of getting them noticed when they first started, I think it would still be a good idea to keep an active account here, as well as actively post about their products.

I would think neo-geo.com users are still very much a part of their customer base, and wouldn't they want to keep their customers updated?

Just makes sense to me.

I also don't agree with his statement about it being unprofessional for a company to post on a forum; as a member of many other forums (not just gaming) there are plenty of companies that do it. Personally, I think its cool when someone (especially an owner, publisher etc.) posts something about their product, some news, updates etc. To me it makes them more "human" and easygoing, the fact that they would take the time to "talk" to us little folk. But thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i'm of the camp that it's doing more harm than good to avoid the forums. Heck, all they really have to do is post some of the stuff they otherwise would on their Facebook and whatnot.

I think rot handled it well. I also think everybody else at some point or another has already said anything I would, so fingers crossed this thing comes out polished this year.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Thanks for getting some info, Rot. I wasn't super worried, but it is good to hear an update. Now, I just need to update my address with them.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
their communication on FB is plenty unprofessional, complete with bad grammar and unnecessary ambiguous answers about maybe opening preorders again for KB. posting here now and then couldn't possibly hurt.

They have no control over what happens on ng.com.
I wouldn't post here as a company either.