Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Why did NGDEV not just KICK ARSE on smaller projects? Why undertake such a project of this nature? Why create a game that will always be compared to Metal Slug? I'm not knocking NGDEV,never that as I luv what they're doing 100% but feel they have the skills to push out more types of games that are lacking in the NEO GEO library in much less time.
I'd be ecstatic over a Craps simulator identical to the Amiga version or a NEO GEO version of PANG in the spirit of NEO Mr.DO!
BB

This was what was so smart about Knight's Chance by Neobitz - relatively simple and attainable from a game design standpoint while still being fun and capturing the Neo feel. As far as NGDev there probably isn't anyone else anywhere capable of making a Slug-style game on the Neo geo due to the complexity and resources so I applaud them for thinking big. Would be cool to see something different for the next game, and I definitely agree that there are a lot of different games that wouldn't require such a time commitment but still please the fans.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I got you, fair and square.

You got me, all right. Did I have to go back to that pf hell again? That's what living a life of pretentiousness gets you, I guess.

Information from headquarters... new strategy. Contact common sense and ignore by all means. Oh, he is definitely po.. wwrr... zzz zz ..... (rest of transmission was lost in white noise)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This was what was so smart about Knight's Chance by Neobitz - relatively simple and attainable from a game design standpoint while still being fun and capturing the Neo feel. As far as NGDev there probably isn't anyone else anywhere capable of making a Slug-style game on the Neo geo due to the complexity and resources so I applaud them for thinking big. Would be cool to see something different for the next game, and I definitely agree that there are a lot of different games that wouldn't require such a time commitment but still please the fans.

I'm still waiting for the Ikari game they mentioned that was an 8 way shooter.

powerflower

Banned
@oliverclaude

Deleted my last post...I do not want to upset people, sorry. And I have no clue what you are talking now...bye...

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'm still waiting for the Ikari game they mentioned that was an 8 way shooter.

I totally forgot about that. Really hope that could be their next one. I suspect though for the next game they will play it save and make another shooter in a shorter time after that huge time-delay fiasko.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I totally forgot about that. Really hope that could be their next one. I suspect though for the next game they will play it save and make another shooter in a shorter time after that huge time-delay fiasko.

It actually WILL be a (vertical) shmup, they already said as much. Will be revealed this year, and I'm pretty excited to see it. Sure, that Ikari style game would be more spectacular, but I'm a sucker for shmups and welcome every new entry. :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
And... people can't wait a few weeks for a SD 3 :(

FOOKIN' STOOPID...

xROTx

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I can't believe this hasn't shipped yet. Oh wait, maybe I can.

What is up with this game? Any news? Last update on facebook was October.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I can't believe this hasn't shipped yet. Oh wait, maybe I can.

What is up with this game? Any news? Last update on facebook was October.

Shipping 2nd quarter - assuming testing goes OK (according to their website news). So Summer I guess - roll on June!!!! =D

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Just got an e-mail from NG.Dev, see below. Fast Striker Reprint is available now and KB is delayed 'til the day the cows come home. I'm waiting for their next update: "due to bla bla bla we'll give you another 12 month waiting time". Fuck you NG.Dev this was my last game I pre-ordered from you :blow_top:

Kraut Buster

Current state of Kraut Buster development:

With the finalboss fight done, we are now in the end phase.
The final boss fight got bigger and cooler than initially planed years ago, for the last phases we gave him a new dramatic scrolling room and a giant golden war vehicle.

One last bigger task is creating and animating the female soldier character (Valeria).

After we have added the 3rd character we can start the final phase of beta testing.

The two pixel artists will then focus on graphical details like
Background animation / destructible objects / parallax scrolling
Funny animations / general detailing / adding more life to the world.

This will take about 6-8 week.

While the 2 pixel artists finish up, the coder will program the intro / ending / menus / highscore screens / WLAN online features etc.

Hardware wise we recently switched to a completely new generation (2.0) of PCBs, FPGAs and MCU to add new hardware features and to further protect our IPs.

All in all this will bring us to an 2nd quarter 2018 release.

Best regards,
NGDEV

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
LOL =D Sounds pretty epic to me! WLAN... That sounds very interesting indeed!

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I just wonder if the entire thing is going to feel like a bad knock off

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looking forward to it. Still planning to preorder.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This thread was started three years ago! Holy shit!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
As many copies they are making shouldn't be a problem getting one second hand.