Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Who's in for the new game? (To be delivered by 2025 probably lol)

aam

War Room Troll
So basically they are delivering the game in a complete piece of shit shell that will scratch or stain by just looking at it

Pinball

Kula's Candy
What is the current firmware version for KB MVS? I have 1.01. Can't find this information anywhere so had to email NGDev.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Thanks- this is very helpful.

Do any of the other MVS carts from NGDev need updates or was KB the first to have a uSD slot?

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Thanks- I'll postpone the KB update for now, then.

Have any previous NGDev MVS carts had updates?

Missile

Another Striker
Thanks- I'll postpone the KB update for now, then.

Have any previous NGDev MVS carts had updates?

Thanks for beta-testing the game for us AES people :)

Fast Striker and Gunlord definitely had updates on MVS

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yep. The update process is easier on Kraut Buster than in previous MVS releases. They've redesigned the PCB's to update from an SD card. You used to have to link the powered on opened cart to a PC using USB, which was a pain.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Thanks. I'd like to update all my NGDev MVS carts (pre-KB), but can't find any links to this on NGDev's site. Also, presumably all these links are down now anyway??

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Usually they would send the download and instructions via email. You might be able to just email them with a list of the updates you need.

ledfrog

n00b
It's the v1.02beta not the last update.
The last update'll be released in the next newsletter.

That's good to know. I made the stupid mistake of actually downgrading my KB cart because I saw the version number in the menu showing as 0.2 which I thought was the game version. So when I saw the download link to version 1.01, I thought I was doing a massive upgrade. :( Right now I'm running on 1.02 I retrieved from that link.

ledfrog

n00b
Ho, did you managed to downgrade and then update ?
Really ?

It was such a stupid thing...I powered the game on and didn't pay attention to the version number displayed at the bottom of the first boot screen. I went into the game menu to check out all the settings and whatnot and noticed a version number there that said 0.2 so I mistakenly thought that was the game version. After reading about Kraut Buster for some time, I was aware that the game was at least at version 1.01, so I thought my game was just a really old version. I downloaded the 1.01 software and it did a complete "update" to it.

When I started the game, I finally noticed the bootup version number (which now read 1.01), but that version 0.2 in the menu never changed. This made me realize that this was the version number of something else and not the game itself.

I did some more searching and found out that Kraut Buster had a version 1.02 out there as well. Because I bought the 2nd print version I assumed that my cart shipped with the latest version (1.02). If that's true, then I managed to downgrade my game to 1.01. I then downloaded version 1.02 and did another update, which worked great as well.

I never paid attention to the very first bootup screen, so I can't tell you which version my game shipped with.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thanks. I'd like to update all my NGDev MVS carts (pre-KB), but can't find any links to this on NGDev's site. Also, presumably all these links are down now anyway??

I asked NGDev about updates for older games a while back and this was Timm's response:

"we had some troubles with the old updates and don't really want to
provide them anymore.
Our new games can be easily updated with micro SD Card. But with the old
games it was difficult."

Missile

Another Striker
I asked NGDev about updates for older games a while back and this was Timm's response:

"we had some troubles with the old updates and don't really want to
provide them anymore.
Our new games can be easily updated with micro SD Card. But with the old
games it was difficult."

I never updated mine because I knew I would ruin the label. I eventually got the AES versions anyway. I might still have my update files with instructions for Fast Striker MVS and Gunlord MVS if anyone legit wants them. Would probably take a while for me to find them though

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
a new "update"... who would have expected further delays? Looks like Corona comes in handy for some people :lolz:

Current status: 02.04.2020

Due to the Corvid-19 situation international shipping is very limited.
We will continue to build cartridges (currently KB AES CE) and will put them in storage for now.
We will monitor the situation and once we are ready will ship in smaller batches to open countries.

The current Deutsche Post shipping situation can be monitored here:
https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html
FAQ->Are there any restrictions to international mail and parcel services?
We use the product "Warenpost International" for global shipping.

All game KB AES CE materials are on stock.
Currently we test and assembly cartridges

Other AES versions (regular/2nd print etc.) will follow after that.

We will send out a new newsletter before shipping starts.
Please update your address information.
Due to the Corona situation we expect further delays.