Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Since the thread is all over the place atm though I would discuss the scream everybody is asking about. " Wilhelm scream" NGDEV already said they would put more diverse death cries. Why they choose to uses this same one over and over on this first test video is beyond me. Maybe one in every 15 enemy deaths so it dosent get old?

Here's some random info on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

Here's a short compilation of it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

I remember as a kid watching Indiana Jones movies I heard this a lot in them and use to lol my ass off at it. Never knew it was just a original voice cut form a 1951 film used as a joke for all the recent film directors from then forth in their movies.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
My fave screams are still from Rambo/Golden Axe.

Yes those are great as well some i enjoyed and remember very well. I wouldnt mind some of the screams from the original Wolfenstein 3d PC in it imo.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes those are great someif my faves aswell. I wouldnt mind som of the screams from the original Wolfenstein 3d on PC myself.

I think it would be cool if they mixed all of them in the Ikari style game.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I think it would be cool if they mixed all of them in the Ikari style game.

Oh yeah would be sweet bro. Man I had this crazy idea today how they are going to tie K.B. into the Ikari style game.

The final boss of this game will be Dolf Edelwolf powering the Die Glocke "Nazi bell". The two protagonist will defeat him thus capturing the bell, and accidentally teleporting to the future. See where this is going?, Ikari Warriors 2 Victory Road spinoff.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh yeah would be sweet bro. Man I had this crazy idea today how they are going to tie K.B. into the Ikari style game. Check it out lol.

The final boss of this game will be Dolf Edelwolf powering the Die Glocke "Nazi bell". The two protagonist will defeat him thus capturing the bell, and accidentally teleporting to the future. See where this is going?, Ikari Warriors 2 Victory Road spinoff.

I can see that happening.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
As most of you, I felt excited opening the mail this morning and very quickly dissaponted with the trailer.

But most of you forget this words "early alpha". Not even alpha. Too much work to be done but as they say, with the new core everything seems to be easily fixable. From my experience programming for other systems, adding gravity is just a few bytes of code or even easier, inserting a sinus multiplier to the Y coordinate.

Besides that and all the facts that Razoola pointed out, no originality and characters with no soul.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I agree with Distropia, right now i have been disappointed with the trailer but i think we need to wait to see the final result, they still have much work to do.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I woulda gone with Jerry Busters myself :tickled:

it really is a terrible name. I realize they are a specialty company- but it's just not good business to use anything that can be taken as any kind of slur in your titles.

plus like everyone says- looks like ass. it kind of makes me think of where the cyberlip team would progress before metal slug 1.

i wouldn't mind another run n gun. its one of my favorite genres. just for christ sake- be original. if it continues to look and play like that, it can only be compared to MS.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Just wake me up when they make an on rails lightgun game called "Spic Hunter".

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
i wouldn't mind another run n gun. its one of my favorite genres. just for christ sake- be original. if it continues to look and play like that, it can only be compared to MS.

^yup, Run and gun's are particularly well suited for arcade gameplay, so it makes perfect sense to for NG Dev to give it a shot, but yeah some originality is in order. Contra and Sunset Riders come to mind, same genre, but drastically different style.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
After seeing the trailer, I contained my criticism since this is an early alpha trailer. Ironically, I have every NGDEV release on Dreamcast, not Neo, since I can't justify the MVS prices. Still waiting for Razion for DC and, most likely, I'll pick up Kraut on DC if it is ever released on that format.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Germans in Tokyo would have been more interesting to me. Never seen it before.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
A "spiritual Sequel" to Magician Lord would have been much more interesting and offered greater avenues for creativity.

I reckon.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A "spiritual Sequel" to Magician Lord would have been much more interesting and offered greater avenues for creativity.

I reckon.

That would be cool. They did a great job with Gunlord that I hope they make something like it down the line with the same standards.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
If they would have done a run n gun clone/ version similar to Gunforce 2 nobody would have gave them shit over it. I think that would have been their best bet just my opinion would have been badass as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If they would have done a run n gun clone/ version similar to Gunforce 2 nobody would have gave them shit over it. I think that would have been their best bet just my opinion would have been badass as well.

I'd rather see a Cyber-Lip clone than the top tier MS. With a Cyber-Lip clone you would have so much creative freedom since it's the future and then it could tie in with a shmup.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
If you can shoot diagonally I might actually give it a chance.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It looked like it was fully directional like Contra.:scratch: Its hard to tell with how quick the character moves. They half to fix this, im sure they will though. Those guys got their hands full in the editing until the next video.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Well I ended up pulling the trigger and preordering one of the LEs. Going to see if I can help them out again and make sure this game is top notch. Gunlord was very high quality. I have no reason to think this won't be as well. If they can really nail down the gameplay and keep the stages and fights interesting, this could be a great game too.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I think I'll wait until they make a game based on the Gulf / Iraq / Afghanistan wars, it'll naturally be called "Raghead Razer".

Last edited: