Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Missile

Another Striker
So far feedback is overwhelmingly positive from people who actually played Kraut Buster. This is a first time for us, we are very happy about that.
It's also nice to see that more and more people realize that Kraut Buster offers it's own thing and is not just a mixture of Contra and MS.

LOL You can tell NGDevTeam are actually shocked they are getting positive feeback here. Where did all you haters go??

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
curious about the second print and it´s production time.

According to their MVS listing on ngdevdirect it should be produced in May 2019.

Since the game is done now, any delays would probably come from PCB manufacturing issues or making the cart shells.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
The AES version where available today around 10 a clock in 20-30 minutes!

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I wish they would offer Neo XYX as an MVS reprint at the same time, even if its just a cart with a label and nothing else.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Yeah it's b.s. they won't rerelease XYX again. Did they every say why? I know they said they had some issues with it but I don't remember if they ever said what the reason was. They would sell alot of copies of it if they would bring it back I would love to pickup a MVS of it.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Successfully pre-ordered the ENG AES 2nd print this morning. I was undecided at first, but all the positive reviews so far won me over.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I wish they would offer Neo XYX as an MVS reprint at the same time, even if its just a cart with a label and nothing else.

Same here, if you contact Timm via NGDevDirect who knows - maybe they would be willing to. I think they are planning a Fast Striker reprint too iirc?

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I wish they’d take a page out of other companies playbooks and put the rom up for order. Would love to play this without selling a kidney.
This would be a good option. Unfortunately, the NEOSD cart doesn’t have enough memory to play most NGDEV games. But I suppose emulation would be better than nothing.

Missile

Another Striker
Yeah it's b.s. they won't rerelease XYX again. Did they every say why? I know they said they had some issues with it but I don't remember if they ever said what the reason was. They would sell alot of copies of it if they would bring it back I would love to pickup a MVS of it.

I thought it was very unpopular the first time it was released. Partly because it was meant to be played with a vertical monitor, it didn't attract so many AES buyers. They need to sell a certain amount to make all the development work and a manufacturing run at a factory financially viable. Not sure what the other issues were. People speculated at the time that there were legal reasons.

I'm sure I heard they are planning a reissue of it at some point. Razion is definitely having a reissue. I'm sure I have read comments from them on their Facebook page about it. This is just from memory though, could be wrong.

From a post by Fakk2 in 2015
@vincewy Do not bother waiting for a re-release of Neo XYX. NGDevTeam have confirmed that there will be NO Re-Release of this particular game, so whomever bought their carts, be thankful you own it, as there are no more in production, and none will be made again. They WILL make a re-release of Fast Striker, and Razion, as those use the same boards. They will re-release Gunlord and Pink Bullets, as those use the same boards also. They will not tell me WHY they are not going to re-release XYX, but I have a feeling it is due to particular bugs they cannot figure out, (like why it wont boot on my 6 slot big red), and I do think it uses a smaller meg size cart boards unlike the others, so they cant release 2 carts using the same boards, so it would cost them more to make boards just for XYX, and lastly I think it is due to the game having too little of fan interest in it to warrant a re-release.

This is all speculation, but, I have been talking with them, a LOT as of late, and I have huge emails saved with gobs of information about their releases, and a lot of insight into what they are making next, what might be coming soon after that, when the next pre-order hits (hint-get fucking ready like soon), why they are done with XYX, yada yada yada. So even though they won't tell me why they won't re-release XYX, I think it is pretty clear.... not enough interest from the buyers to warrant making special boards just for that game as it will cost more than its worth since not many will sell. They did confirm with me though that they WILL come forward and tell everyone why Neo XYX will never get re-released, but in due time, not right now, which I find quite odd. Oh, and I am not using a unibios in my big red cab, it is using the normal bios.

Maybe if someone starts a thread and they get enough interest they would re-release it?

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
This would be a good option. Unfortunately, the NEOSD cart doesn’t have enough memory to play most NGDEV games. But I suppose emulation would be better than nothing.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea most of them wouldn’t work. Guess I need to pay up if I want to play.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Finally got to bust some Krauts last night. Very impressive presentation! Love the intro and everything feels significantly more polished than previous NGDev efforts. Still getting the hang of the game but so far I think it's very good, possibly great.

nono2lozere

Quiz Detective

And there is an agreement between NGDEV and Terraonion to make impossible to use NGDEV games on NeoSD in order to avoid piracy.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally got to bust some Krauts last night. Very impressive presentation! Love the intro and everything feels significantly more polished than previous NGDev efforts. Still getting the hang of the game but so far I think it's very good, possibly great.

Heck yeah glad you like it. I can't wait to try it out be a good while but that's just fine. Why don't you make us some play through videos of it? I would definitely like to see some of the branching paths etc.The few on YouTube are not very good tbh.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
I wouldnt mind seeing some vids Wyo!! Looks
like im gonna pull the trigger on this game, got
all the previous ng dev teams games on the dc

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Heck yeah glad you like it. I can't wait to try it out be a good while but that's just fine. Why don't you make us some play through videos of it? I would definitely like to see some of the branching paths etc.The few on YouTube are not very good tbh.
There aren't branching paths. In T-mode you get to decide on the map screen if you want to play part 1 or part 2 for each stage except the first and last stages. In C-mode you just play through the whole game.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone else able to get the level select to work? Maybe I’m just too dumb to figure it out, but I have cheats enabled and level select set to on, but it doesn’t seem to let me select level.

Also, for the next revision, I’d think about adding a dude to spawn from the left side of the first level miniboss (the hot air ballon one with the flamethrower). Right now you can just stand on the left side with your weapon locked, which damages the ship and destroys the fireballs shot at you, while the dudes who run in from the right run under the flamethrower and get killed. Alternatively, maybe they could stop and shoot at you instead of just killing themselves.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Anyone else able to get the level select to work? Maybe I’m just too dumb to figure it out, but I have cheats enabled and level select set to on, but it doesn’t seem to let me select level.
You have the tip on my review :

1551018247-la.png

In pause screen : A+B for room skip, C+D for level skip.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Thanks. Was this communicated in any of the material that came with the game? I guess so was expecting something a bit more intuitive. Do you know what the pseudo 2 player mode does?

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
The 2 players mode is excellent ! Really.
Nevertheless the score system is bad (1 score for both players) and we can't choose our character during the game.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If anyone has the collector's edition and is willing to help me out a little, please PM me. I'm making a video about the game for my Youtube series. Thanks.