Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
I wonder how they would prefer to develop a switch port. Do a full port from the ground up or license/develop an emulator.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wonder how they would prefer to develop a switch port. Do a full port from the ground up or license/develop an emulator.
Probably the same way they did Gunlord X on Switch or Fast Striker for PS4.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Looks like the MVS reprint was pushed back again to July as NGDev are waiting on cartridge shells

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Looks like the MVS reprint was pushed back again to July as NGDev are waiting on cartridge shells
Never saw it coming. When they give a date, it's set in stone.

Be patient, folks. They always come through eventually.

capnd77

Marked Wolf

Well that's a bummer, I guess we can't complain too much considering some of the folks from the original batch waited years..

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Never saw it coming. When they give a date, it's set in stone.

Be patient, folks. They always come through eventually.

Haha yup not too surprising. Not sweating it, just sharing the news.

Well that's a bummer, I guess we can't complain too much considering some of the folks from the original batch waited years..

That's for sure! At least we have Gunlord X to play in the meantime.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
anyone playing? might start a score thread if there isn't one already. wish this cart had global leaderboards like the last few releases...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I played a bit of this at the arcade last weekend. Feels a lot like Slug of course, but not exactly the same thankfully, it's just different enough to give it its own personality kinda like Dolphin Blue. The animation is fantastic, especially when you turn enemies into juicy bits of meat. The controls don't have the jank that past NG Dev titles have had. Overall a pretty good game, they did a fantastic job.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
anyone playing? might start a score thread if there isn't one already. wish this cart had global leaderboards like the last few releases...

People are to busy taking pictures of it on their shelf to play, plus might get some insertion marks on it god forbid that.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
On a sidenote and not that I would expect any news... but did someone inquire about a possible release date of the AES version? It's gotten pretty silent... okay, technically it has been silent all the way but one can ask, can I?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
On a sidenote and not that I would expect any news... but did someone inquire about a possible release date of the AES version? It's gotten pretty silent... okay, technically it has been silent all the way but one can ask, can I?

I've played it a bit, but mostly on the C-Mode which I seem to find the most entertaining. The almost complete lack of vehicles is disappointing for me, but at the same time separates the game from Metal Slug I guess. Also, the bosses are kind of generic and lack personality, opposite to the memorable ones from MS. The lack of memory card support is also missed by me, at least. It's nice that the high scores are saved on the cart, though, all their games should have done that (especially Razion). The enemi deaths animation are very well done.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I got that ending T-mode, hard difficulty clear with like 8 credits I think. Have not 1ccd yet, can make it to 5-1 on 2 credits. This scene has appeared 2-3 times for me now.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Are the AES out of stock or haven't been printed yet? The site has a preorder but also says sold out. I didn't know about the game until recently and regret it a little.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Are the AES out of stock or haven't been printed yet? The site has a preorder but also says sold out. I didn't know about the game until recently and regret it a little.
AES hasn't released yet, but as always, preorders are limited.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
AES hasn't released yet, but as always, preorders are limited.

Thanks. I only just found out that people still made Neo Geo games. I didn't know how it worked. Hopefully I can get in on another printing. Kraut Buster looks so appealing.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thanks. I only just found out that people still made Neo Geo games. I didn't know how it worked. Hopefully I can get in on another printing. Kraut Buster looks so appealing.

You might be SOL, pre orders were open for a few weeks. If it hasnt been removed from their site though it most likely means theyll release another batch. IF you email them they might give you an idea.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
You might be SOL, pre orders were open for a few weeks. If it hasnt been removed from their site though it most likely means theyll release another batch. IF you email them they might give you an idea.

They said there are no plans for additional printings. Looks like SOL. Sucks but NBD.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
What was the projected AES release date? It's been so long I forgot.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
IIRC, it was Q4 this year so at least another couple months and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it slips into next year.

Just checked the site and it’s “Winter 2019 after the first run ships”

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I emailed them about the MVS reprints status today...

Response..

"Hello,

sorry for the long wait.
We are still waiting for the newly designed shells from the cartridge
shell manufacturer.

We hope to have them within the next 2 months."