Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Free Digital SNK Games via Amazon Prime

  1. #1

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,499

    Free Digital SNK Games via Amazon Prime

    While not relevant for most folks here (me included), this is kinda cool. SNK is offering a bevy of free games with Amazon Prime.

    Not sure of the emulation quality here, though, or if it's just based on MVS options like the Hamster releases. If there is one thing you can't fault modern SNK for is that they are really trying to keep classic SNK's legacy relevant.

    asdfasdf.JPG

  2. #2
    Astra Superstar
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    812
    That's unexpected, will try later today.
    RIP Geese Howard. Jan 1953 - Aug 1920.. never forget

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    the streets

    Posts
    19
    Unfortunately they used Dotemu's emulation rather than Hamster's. I found the emulation pretty laggy and it seemed to drop my inputs sometimes.

  4. #4
    . LonelyWarbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore

    Posts
    107
    Thanks for the heads up. I always forget about prime promotions.

  5. #5
    Bashful Neophyte

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    10
    They added more free games including SNK 40th Anniversary Collection:

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2020/072901/

  6. #6
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    While not relevant for most folks here (me included), this is kinda cool. SNK is offering a bevy of free games with Amazon Prime.

    Not sure of the emulation quality here, though, or if it's just based on MVS options like the Hamster releases. If there is one thing you can't fault modern SNK for is that they are really trying to keep classic SNK's legacy relevant.

    asdfasdf.JPG
    +1
    I don’t play the games on this platform, but I did the download just to support the effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by HyugaKojiro View Post
    They added more free games including SNK 40th Anniversary Collection:

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2020/072901/
    Thank you for the heads up on the update

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  7. #7
    . pathlesscookies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    FL

    Posts
    46
    haha, well its the right price cant complain

  8. #8
    Edo Express Delivery Guy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    339
    Fuck Amazon. If you're doing to do this just download whatever you want from any random archive.org Neo Geo ROM set collection.

    So stupid.

  9. #9
    Astra Superstar
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Fuck Amazon. If you're doing to do this just download whatever you want from any random archive.org Neo Geo ROM set collection.

    So stupid.
    "Thing bad!!!"
    -bulbousbeard 2020
    RIP Geese Howard. Jan 1953 - Aug 1920.. never forget

  10. #10
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Fuck Amazon. If you're doing to do this just download whatever you want from any random archive.org Neo Geo ROM set collection.

    So stupid.
    Did you register your account here just to shit on everything? I have never seen you post a single positive thing.

    Thatís saying something when this forum of all places, you still stand out for having absolutely nothing to add to the conversation except anger and resentment. You seem to lack the ability to just move along, instead opting to use your choady little sausage fingers to molest your mechanical keyboard in rage.

  11. #11
    Edo Express Delivery Guy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Did you register your account here just to shit on everything? I have never seen you post a single positive thing.

    That’s saying something when this forum of all places, you still stand out for having absolutely nothing to add to the conversation except anger and resentment. You seem to lack the ability to just move along, instead opting to use your choady little sausage fingers to molest your mechanical keyboard in rage.
    Unlike what you just posted (personal insults), I did add something to the conversation. You can do a Google search for "neo geo roms site:archive.org" and get EVERY Neo Geo game NOW. No bullshit Amazon scams. NOW.

    That's information. What you posted was just more baseless jaw flapping.

  12. #12
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    984

    Free Digital SNK Games via Amazon Prime

    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Unlike what you just posted (personal insults), I did add something to the conversation. You can do a Google search for "neo geo roms site:archive.org" and get EVERY Neo Geo game NOW. No bullshit Amazon scams. NOW.

    That's information. What you posted was just more baseless jaw flapping.
    Iím talking about your overall post history - did you skim over that?

    I asked you a question - did you register to be a contrarian or do you actually have things to share?

    Like, you do realize thatís your reputation right? You just whine?

  13. #13
    Edo Express Delivery Guy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    I’m talking about your overall post history - did you skim over that?

    I asked you a question - did you register to be a contrarian or do you actually have things to share?

    Like, you do realize that’s your reputation right? You just whine?
    Oh no. My reputation on neo-geo.com. How can I go on?

  14. #14
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Oh no. My reputation on neo-geo.com. How can I go on?
    So...for the third time, did you register just to be a constant contrarian?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •