Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Look, we get that your life sucks, but you can stop being such a bitter douche now.

lol actually, that was my attempt at humor, sorry you missed it. ;) Also, my life does not really suck, I just have god damn health issues, but, I don't use that as a way to be an asshole to people. If people are throwing shit my way, I toss it back. If people are cool with me, I'm cool with them. It's really that simple. I was just having fun with RAZO, and I am pretty certain that he gets my point. If people are going to sit there and bitch about the NGDevTeam games sucking ass, then I just would like to see them do better, or STFU about it. Nobody else is making games really, other than the NGDevTeam, so why all the fucking hate on them? That's really all I am getting at here.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Look, we get that your life sucks, but you can stop being such a bitter douche now.

I didn't think it sounded bitter at all, just a "little" sarcastic. Which was totally called for, in my opinion....thought it was a good and fitting reply. :)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree! Since your so fucking amazing at making games, please do us all a huge favor, and bring us some NEW Neo-Geo games to the table that look and sound outstanding, with you own factory made boards, some nice new AES cart shells, nice new AES SNaplock cases, CD Soundtracks, Posters, Postcards, you know, the works... and fucking do it for the good ol SNK price tag of $349.99! Because it's guys like you, that sit back and bitch non stop about them making games, that get shiti done, and bring us the REAL DEAL!

While your at it, bring us some kick ass Dreamcast copies of your titles using old shitty fucking Dreamcast Dev Kits that run like shit and are buggy as hell, because, you know, your the MAN, and you can do it better than they can! I mean, why the fuck should we support these damn NGDevTeam guys, when RAZO is going to bring us the next Metal Slug, GAROU, Pulstar, Metroid, or Castlevania to the damn Neo-Geo, and not only that, but he knows THE people that can bring it all to us for superb prices that just BLOW the competition AWAY!

Go for it RAZO, were behind you all the way, bro! When your first game comes out at an outstanding 1,560 Megs, (or higher, you know, because your the MAN), and has awesome cd quality music that is in stereo, and just kills the NGDevTeams games all around, we will buy up all your carts in a heartbeat for $349.99 each, and you will be our new savior for the Neo-Geo.... but until that time comes, we won't be holding our breath for your first fucking release, as it is years away from now, we're pretty sure. ;)

Perhaps that is why people support them, you know, because without NGDevTeam, we pretty much have no fucking games coming in anymore, and oh yeah, because the NGDevTeam games actually push the Neo to limits that were unheard of before when SNK held the reigns. Their games are pretty damn good in all honesty, and so far I have taken notice that no matter WHO makes games on the Neo-Geo now that SNK is gone, everyone asks for a pretty hefty price tag for their work on the AES side. Why? Because work is work, and the more work you do on any project, the more your going to wind up asking for the end product, unless you like to work for free, which not many people dig doing these days.

Whats wrong with $349.99? I see that being a fair price for MVS carts. Maybe $450-500 for the Aes Version.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
All Im saying is that It would be nice if they made these games more affordable so more people could enjoy them.

I still think this Kraut Buster looks like a Metal Slug rip off though.:)

Last edited:

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I still think this Kraut Buster looks like a Metal Slug rip off though.:)

Rip off, homage - tomato, tomahto....

As oliverclaude said, of course it's very "Metal Sluggish", I don't think NG Dev denies that. And why should they? They wanted to make a contribution to the sub-genre, in this style, and enough people will buy it....some will probably even play it. And original or not, I bet it's going to be fun.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rip off, homage - tomato, tomahto....

As oliverclaude said, of course it's very "Metal Sluggish", I don't think NG Dev denies that. And why should they? They wanted to make a contribution to the sub-genre, in this style, and enough people will buy it....some will probably even play it. And original or not, I bet it's going to be fun.

Do you work for NGDEV or just like to suck penis?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Do you work for NGDEV or just like to suck penis?

Neither actually (sorry to get your hopes up). I just enjoy playing games a lot more than bitchin' about them, and I'm glad Neo games are still being made.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Neither actually (sorry to get your hopes up). I just enjoy playing games a lot more than bitchin' about them, and I'm glad Neo games are still being made.

Gotta keep those shelves looking pretty huh?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Whats wrong with $349.99? I see that being a fair price for MVS carts. Maybe $450-500 for the Aes Version.

Well, I mean, end of the day they're a business and they have a successful business model. Why would ANY business sell an item for less when it clearly and repeatedly sells at a higher rate. Money is pretty subjective - to A LOT of people, $500 just isn't that much - it just isn't. Clearly there are enough folks who feel the same as each game sells out...in a hurry. I have no idea what their costs are and what they value their hours at, but I assure you - the physical copy of Super Mario 3D World (case, art, disc) that MILLIONS of people have spent $50 on; costs less than $5 to produce - that's a 1000% mark up. People are still buying it. I don't see anyone harping on Nintendo. If NG-Dev had 1000% markup I think these carts would cost more than our homes.

#justfacts

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, I mean, end of the day they're a business and they have a successful business model. Why would ANY business sell an item for less when it clearly and repeatedly sells at a higher rate. Money is pretty subjective - to A LOT of people, $500 just isn't that much - it just isn't. Clearly there are enough folks who feel the same as each game sells out...in a hurry. I have no idea what their costs are and what they value their hours at, but I assure you - the physical copy of Super Mario 3D World (case, art, disc) that MILLIONS of people have spent $50 on; costs less than $5 to produce - that's a 1000% mark up. People are still buying it. I don't see anyone harping on Nintendo. If NG-Dev had 1000% markup I think these carts would cost more than our homes.

#justfacts

It's true that NG-Dev may very well not be marking up their carts as much as Nintendo did with the SNES. But they also aren't spending millions on advertising, paying licensing fees to SNK Playmore, or wholesaling them to major distributors who need to make a standard profit margin either.

Fakk2

It's true that NG-Dev may very well not be marking up their carts as much as Nintendo did with the SNES. But they also aren't spending millions on advertising, paying licensing fees to SNK Playmore, or wholesaling them to major distributors who need to make a standard profit margin either.

They also aren't selling games in the hundreds of thousands, on a console that has 40+ million consumers either. They ask a fair price considering how little copies that are made of each game. It's that simple, and with all the stuff that they put into each cart edition, combined with the small cart count, the carts are worth the price. SNK's prices might have been a bit cheaper, but, SNK raised the cost of their carts nearly every 3rd year, and at this point, SNK might be around the same damn price that NGDevTeam is at. ;) Since they are no longer making games on the Neo-Geo, I guess we shall never know. Then look at Knights Chance, and note what all came with that AES cart, and the cost of it. Every dev at this point that seems to make an AES game that is new is asking more than SNK ever did, and they all say the same thing, gotta make that dough somehow.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
There been some things said here that make me shocked that I'm now actually considering getting Kraut Buster. The difference in my head thou is that when I ordered Last Blade from SNK for the AES even thou I hadn't played it or seen video of it there was a certain amount of trust I had with SNK, where as with NGDEV I personally haven't enjoyed each of the titles I got from them in the past (dreamcast). So thats where I'm kinda on the fence now, where before I had NO plan to order this title on MVS. I look forward to more opinions to tip the scale before the preorder closes.

Oh one last thing I'm weighing is SNK's 350 USD was easier for me then the Euro conversion price on NGDEV carts.

Fakk2

$350 in 2003 is over $450 today. The cost is quite similar.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Wow! Thank you for that link. This is unbelievable how much things have changed price wise over the years. It makes me feel a little bit better about a few of the purchases that I have been making as well lately, and other items I feel like I got nearly for free! Thank you for this, Mike, as I find this a really cool find! :)

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Love that sig mjmjr25 got your inspiration from the war room eh? :keke: Funny what irritates some lol.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
It's no wonder NGDEV are moving away from the Neo Geo as a platform. I've never seen so much biatching in my life lol. The prices are high, but it's supply and demand - they sell out quick every time. Sure the games could be better, but so could any game of any other platform! I am not a fan of NGDEV, I am not a collector, I just love the Neo, and as this is a game for the Neo, and they are putting lots of love into the game, I take my hat off to them and say "Thanks for bringing us one last title for the neo geo".

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
It's no wonder NGDEV are moving away from the Neo Geo as a platform. I've never seen so much biatching in my life lol. The prices are high, but it's supply and demand - they sell out quick every time. Sure the games could be better, but so could any game of any other platform! I am not a fan of NGDEV, I am not a collector, I just love the Neo, and as this is a game for the Neo, and they are putting lots of love into the game, I take my hat off to them and say "Thanks for bringing us one last title for the neo geo".

They're not moving away from anything. Those dipshits couldn't figure out a successful business plan if it smacked them in the face (they thought the Retro VGS was a good idea :thevt:). Anything other than super large Neo releases will immediately be pirated (and I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future even that won't protect them from the pirates) and they're too dumb from a business perspective to accept that that's not a reason not to produce games on other platforms since the Neo release sells out (i.e., the pirating doesn't hurt that high margin part of their business) and the other platforms are in the black releases despite the pirating (i.e., stuff like the DC makes them a good amount of money).

Last edited: