Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah I knew they're not doing DC anymore. I want to play their games but I don't have teh moneyz... tough luck I guess.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Shame no one supported the CD version of Last Hope because KB would be great on CD and affordable. Its a perfect fit because you can load things into sections.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Yesterday NG:Dev Team posted the following on one of their comments on Facebook.

Someone wrote: "Start making dreamcast games again please. Let's be honest, that planned Retro VGS game of yours isn't going to happen."

and NG:Dev Team wrote the following: "Yeah, we already moved on. We will do reprints of our old DC stuff soon."

So that's good news for those that are looking for older DC releases.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Timm told me last week no DC for KB or Razion. Mid to end Oct for KB regular edition AES pre order

Yeah. Apparently they're butthurt that people pirate their games on DC and even though they make money on them, don't want to do anymore for that reason.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yesterday NG:Dev Team posted the following on one of their comments on Facebook.

Someone wrote: "Start making dreamcast games again please. Let's be honest, that planned Retro VGS game of yours isn't going to happen."

and NG:Dev Team wrote the following: "Yeah, we already moved on. We will do reprints of our old DC stuff soon."

So that's good news for those that are looking for older DC releases.

The retro vgs is just a moronic concept and console all together. Its to expensive doesnt have any real specs and play games that are only on other systems already.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is the game actually good? I think that mask thing looks strange on youtube.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The retro vgs is just a moronic concept and console all together. Its to expensive doesnt have
any real specs and play games that are only on other systems already.

Could you, by any chance, be so swell and enlighten my indigent, mediocre, simple mind as
to what your point is? I sense potential, though can't quite latch on to the tenor. Plz, indulge
me...

Edit: Let's chip away at the superflous...

Yeah. Apparently they're butthurt [...].

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Could you, by any chance, be so swell and enlighten my indigent, mediocre, simple mind as
to what your point is? I sense potential, though can't quite latch on to the tenor. Plz, indulge
me...

Edit: Let's chip away at the superflous...

Ok fine buy a product from me that I have no working model of and no way to explain how it works of even a detailed summary of its internal components. Then i'll give you a super high price.

The project is so conceptual that it didn't even meet the kick starter requirements. Plus even things that did get kickstarted with vastly better business models failed like the ouya.

Also the concept of taking indie games most cell phone and pc then re programing to a system when these games go for dollars is broken. These cart versions will cost $50. You take a $1 to 10 game and now charge $50 because its on a cart that's no updatable?

Tell me what part of any of this sounds good.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Ok fine buy a product from me that I have no working model of and no way to explain how it works of even a detailed summary of its internal components. Then i'll give you a super high price.

The project is so conceptual that it didn't even meet the kick starter requirements. Plus even things that did get kickstarted with vastly better business models failed like the ouya.

Also the concept of taking indie games most cell phone and pc then re programing to a system when these games go for dollars is broken. These cart versions will cost $50. You take a $1 to 10 game and now charge $50 because its on a cart that's no updatable?

Tell me what part of any of this sounds good.

I'm with you on this. I didn't understand what they were trying to do from the moment this thing was announced. This never seemed like a viable business model considering the facts you pointed out. If people want to play retro games there are countless ways for them to do so.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The second trailer should be ready any week now. Ready to see the progress they have made especially with the sound track.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
more of a metal slug hack then a clone.it would of been nice if it had more of it's own identity and played a little different.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Thanks for the link MCF 76. More and more hints of the new arcade hardware. He says he's not a fan of post polygon consoles, but wants hardware powerful enough to do what he's been dreaming of. Interesting. So anyone have any guesses what high end arcade hardware he could want to support?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Thanks for the link MCF 76. More and more hints of the new arcade hardware. He says he's not a fan of post polygon consoles, but wants hardware powerful enough to do what he's been dreaming of. Interesting. So anyone have any guesses what high end arcade hardware he could want to support?

More importantly (to me), how would I be able to play that stuff at home? Surely some home conversion would be done but I'm afraid it might be in the form of downloadable games for XB1/PS4.

That interview makes me think they will devel op their own platform.

Well, that would be all kinds of awesome! :D

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Check out this article/ interview of Timm from NG:DEVTEAM

Thanks for posting, indeed. This interview is full of beautiful naturally grown one-liners, which
show us that Timm could be Neo-Geo's own Rainier Wolfcastle. Now, imagine him speaking
with McBain's krauty voice.

latest

My favorites:

I have all good to very good Neo Geo games.

We also speak with our artist to find out which game would be the funniest to work on for
them.

...yeah, I always wondered what motivates them.

We get most of them from a Canadian source.

An absolute classic!

The Neo Geo was an absolute powerhouse. But today it shows its weaknesses.

No, sorry, we are a commercial developer, not a community service.

We are here to stay for a long time.

But we plan to slowly fill empty spots on the Neo Geo lineup. . I think we will do alternately a
shmup and a non shmup from now on.

That's what I call filling empty spots.

As there is no Slug tank in it, it's not really like a Metal Slug game anyway. It's basically a fresh
take on the slugs.

You see, all the rip-off drama for nothing.

Danmakus [...]. Games with lots of bullets, glowing colors, shiny gold items and explosions.

Well, with this intellectually stimulating genre definition I rest my case for now. One could get
on and on for ever, but you get the point. The guy is nothing as stiff, as I thought he was and
this is pure comedy gold. Timm should definitely hit John Oliver ;).

Edit: Yeah, that's the joke.

Last edited:

Elder

NEST Puppet
I got another Facebook update from Timm, or someone at NG: Dev Team via Facebook pertaining to their new arcade hardware. I wrote the following:

"What I am most interested in is seeing if this arcade hardware can be attached to a glorious TV/SuperGun. I seriously have no space for a cabinet, but adore your games and want to be able to experience them Neo Geo style, on original hardware. Regardless, I am extremely excited to see more of this."

Here's the response I got:

"Yes,it's "plug and play" in both home arcade and coinop arcade settings. It appeals to our MVS and AES customers, as well as new JAMMA/JVS customers."

This is interesting. So it will support arcade cabs as well as your home entertainment system.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah. Apparently they're butthurt that people pirate their games on DC and even though they make money on them, don't want to do anymore for that reason.

Fuck them. Most people want these games in MVS or Aes format but the pricing is ridiculous. They don't want to buy the DC version of a game that will eventually be pirated. By the way this Kraut Buster looks like a shit version of Metal Slug. I can't believe people actually support these guys.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I can't believe people actually support these guys.

They would be better, if they had some real good competition in this niche, like another development team consisting of japanese allstar programmers to smash their little homebrew monopoly into pieces, but... i's not gonna happen.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Fuck them. Most people want these games in MVS or Aes format but the pricing is ridiculous. They don't want to buy the DC version of a game that will eventually be pirated. By the way this Kraut Buster looks like a shit version of Metal Slug. I can't believe people actually support these guys.

I agree! Since your so fucking amazing at making games, please do us all a huge favor, and bring us some NEW Neo-Geo games to the table that look and sound outstanding, with you own factory made boards, some nice new AES cart shells, nice new AES SNaplock cases, CD Soundtracks, Posters, Postcards, you know, the works... and fucking do it for the good ol SNK price tag of $349.99! Because it's guys like you, that sit back and bitch non stop about them making games, that get shiti done, and bring us the REAL DEAL!

While your at it, bring us some kick ass Dreamcast copies of your titles using old shitty fucking Dreamcast Dev Kits that run like shit and are buggy as hell, because, you know, your the MAN, and you can do it better than they can! I mean, why the fuck should we support these damn NGDevTeam guys, when RAZO is going to bring us the next Metal Slug, GAROU, Pulstar, Metroid, or Castlevania to the damn Neo-Geo, and not only that, but he knows THE people that can bring it all to us for superb prices that just BLOW the competition AWAY!

Go for it RAZO, were behind you all the way, bro! When your first game comes out at an outstanding 1,560 Megs, (or higher, you know, because your the MAN), and has awesome cd quality music that is in stereo, and just kills the NGDevTeams games all around, we will buy up all your carts in a heartbeat for $349.99 each, and you will be our new savior for the Neo-Geo.... but until that time comes, we won't be holding our breath for your first fucking release, as it is years away from now, we're pretty sure. ;)

Perhaps that is why people support them, you know, because without NGDevTeam, we pretty much have no fucking games coming in anymore, and oh yeah, because the NGDevTeam games actually push the Neo to limits that were unheard of before when SNK held the reigns. Their games are pretty damn good in all honesty, and so far I have taken notice that no matter WHO makes games on the Neo-Geo now that SNK is gone, everyone asks for a pretty hefty price tag for their work on the AES side. Why? Because work is work, and the more work you do on any project, the more your going to wind up asking for the end product, unless you like to work for free, which not many people dig doing these days.