No left audio on MV-1?

On my MV-1 I only get audio on the right speaker.

I've tried both the headphone and speaker output as well as toggeling the mono/stereo switch.

The interesting part is that the audio from the JAMMA harness is indeed a proper mix of left and right channel sounds but in mono.

Does anyone have any suggestions to further diagnose what the issue might be?

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You probably need to recap the audio section.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Flip the mono/stereo switch back and forth a few times. If that's not it then recap it.

DarkRider

n00b
I'd be interested in this also. I got a 4 slot about a week ago. Certain audio is missing on mine and what audio I have has a lot of static. I've been hunting for a cap kit and haven't had any success finding one. :(

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Any suggestions where to purchase a cap kit?

I have them on my site: arcadecomponents.com

Ordering was off while I was in Europe last week and I built a metric crap ton of kits over the weekend to replenish stock.

I'd be interested in this also. I got a 4 slot about a week ago. Certain audio is missing on mine and what audio I have has a lot of static. I've been hunting for a cap kit and haven't had any success finding one. :(

Sounds like yours isn't a cap issue. Sounds like a YM2610 chip problem.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

Check if one of your channels on the Jamma edge doesn't have a cut trace and tied to ground.
A lot of operators ( butchers, I may add ) used to "adapt" MV4's this way to put them on regular Jamma cabs.

DarkRider

n00b
Check if one of your channels on the Jamma edge doesn't have a cut trace and tied to ground.
A lot of operators ( butchers, I may add ) used to "adapt" MV4's this way to put them on regular Jamma cabs.

I don't remember seeing a cut trace on the board when i took the machine apart, but I'll double check later tonight. That also makes me think, if it has a jamma wiring harness in it with the different audio pinout could that cause it? I never checked the connector itself to see if it's a jamma harness or an mvs harness.

Channel what's the best way to test the chip? I'll take a look at the traces around the chip but I'm not sure the best way to tell if the chip has gone bad.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
You clean the cart and the slot really well. If you still have missing or incorrect sounds then replace the chip.

DarkRider

n00b
Well, seems like Channel is right. I wanted to recap the board anyway to have it done, and did my monitor at the same time. Got everything hooked back up and the sound is still screwed up. At least the monitor looks good. :) Where is the best place to find one of those chips? China by way of eBay?

DarkRider

n00b

Channel, I love you and want to have all of your babies. Seriously though, I bought a new chip from China. I removed the old chip last week while I was on vacation and put a socket in. New chip showed up today and I dropped it in. It now sounds amazing! Thank you.