CPS2 XMEN error screen

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I picked this X-Men board up a few months back in preparation for the MultiCart project.

I turned it on today and the phoenix logo came up and then loaded to the 2 error screens below. Pressing the light punch button switched between the 2 different error screens.

Does anybody have any insight into what might need to be fixed so I can use this board for the MultiCart??

021.JPG035.JPG047.JPG

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet
Did you change the region on the Phoenix menu?

If yes, change it back to original region and check if the game will run correctly after that.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The program roms are crashing.

If you're changing it to a darksoft board, then you need to remove all the roms and convert the board to work with PAL-G.

Then install the darksoft multi-board, a Pal-G security chip, and test.

---

You're close to Bryan and Mit's.

Hit them up if you need a helping hand.

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
The program roms are crashing.

If you're changing it to a darksoft board, then you need to remove all the roms and convert the board to work with PAL-G.

Then install the darksoft multi-board, a Pal-G security chip, and test.

---

You're close to Bryan and Mit's.

Hit them up if you need a helping hand.

I did buy the Pal-G during the checkout process when I bought the Multicart parts...so I need to pull all the eeproms off the board and reflash them (...with the xmen phoenix code??) and then install the Pal-G chip??

I'll shoot mit's a pm as well.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
To make things Crystal Clear:

If you want to keep the OEM X-Men board an X-Men board, then the next step is to erase and re-burn all the program roms.

Then you can test the board.

BUT IF NOT...

IF you want to convert it to a darksoft multi-board, then the next step is to remove all the roms, and the Pal-F chip. Then re-configure the board for Pal-G. Install a Pal-G chip. And then install the darksoft multi-kit.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
To make things Crystal Clear:

If you want to keep the OEM X-Men board an X-Men board, then the next step is to erase and re-burn all the program roms.

BUT IF NOT...

IF you want to convert it to a darksoft multi-board, then the next step is to remove all the roms, and the Pal-F chip. Then re-configure the board for Pal-G. Install a Pal-G chip. And then install the darksoft multi-kit.

I gotcha now...I hadn't noticed that rom adapter board taking the place of all of the other flash roms. Gotcha, remove all those and swap the Pal-G and jumpers and test the board.