Thread: CPS2 XMEN error screen

Sakura's Bank Manager

CPS2 XMEN error screen

I picked this X-Men board up a few months back in preparation for the MultiCart project.

I turned it on today and the phoenix logo came up and then loaded to the 2 error screens below. Pressing the light punch button switched between the 2 different error screens.

Does anybody have any insight into what might need to be fixed so I can use this board for the MultiCart??

021.JPG035.JPG047.JPG

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Did you change the region on the Phoenix menu?

If yes, change it back to original region and check if the game will run correctly after that.
    MVS wanted list: Bang Bead, Bust-a-Move Again, Captain Tomaday, Flip Shot, Gururin, Irritating Maze, Legend of Success Joe, Magical Drop 3, Matrimelee, Money Puzzle Exchange, Mutation Nation, Nam 1975, Neo Mr. DO, Nightmare in the Dark, Ninja Commando, Pochi & Nyaa, Pop 'N Bounce, Puzzle Booble 2, Puzzle de Pon! R, Robo Army, Samurai Spirits V Special, Twinkle Star Sprites, View Point.

Hades Gate Keeper

The program roms are crashing.

If you're changing it to a darksoft board, then you need to remove all the roms and convert the board to work with PAL-G.

Then install the darksoft multi-board, a Pal-G security chip, and test.

---

You're close to Bryan and Mit's.

Hit them up if you need a helping hand.
    Last edited by Tyranix95; 03-16-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranix95 View Post
    The program roms are crashing.

If you're changing it to a darksoft board, then you need to remove all the roms and convert the board to work with PAL-G.

Then install the darksoft multi-board, a Pal-G security chip, and test.

---

You're close to Bryan and Mit's.

Hit them up if you need a helping hand.
    I did buy the Pal-G during the checkout process when I bought the Multicart parts...so I need to pull all the eeproms off the board and reflash them (...with the xmen phoenix code??) and then install the Pal-G chip??

I'll shoot mit's a pm as well.

Hades Gate Keeper

To make things Crystal Clear:

If you want to keep the OEM X-Men board an X-Men board, then the next step is to erase and re-burn all the program roms.

Then you can test the board.

BUT IF NOT...

IF you want to convert it to a darksoft multi-board, then the next step is to remove all the roms, and the Pal-F chip. Then re-configure the board for Pal-G. Install a Pal-G chip. And then install the darksoft multi-kit.

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranix95 View Post
    To make things Crystal Clear:

If you want to keep the OEM X-Men board an X-Men board, then the next step is to erase and re-burn all the program roms.

BUT IF NOT...

IF you want to convert it to a darksoft multi-board, then the next step is to remove all the roms, and the Pal-F chip. Then re-configure the board for Pal-G. Install a Pal-G chip. And then install the darksoft multi-kit.

I gotcha now...I hadn't noticed that rom adapter board taking the place of all of the other flash roms. Gotcha, remove all those and swap the Pal-G and jumpers and test the board.

Thread Information