DNSDies Collection

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Hi there, new to the forums, and can't post in the intro thread yet, so I thought I'd try posting here.

This is some of my humble collection.

I'm not big on boxes for cartridge based games, so I mostly collect loose for older systems.

I have a few older systems, most of them modded and hooked up for RGB on a Sony PVM 20" Medical model I got from a medical surplus supply place for $80 (it has less than 1000 hours on it!)

Here's the album showing everything. Some pictures just look horrible on a forum because of their size.
http://imgur.com/a/lXxyq/all

Here's my corner unit with my "retro" systems.
d7UdIK9l.jpg

Here is my PVM, flanked by my Neo Geo CD and Dreamcast.
YiOuGPNl.jpg

This is my current RGB setup. Gotta love Scart cables, right?
The 2 port scart switch was a $10 job I got from China on Ebay. When I opened it up, I was disappointed to find that it didn't actually support RGB!
So, I got on digikey and ordered a 6 line switch that would fit where the original 4 line was, and modified it to carry proper RGB, L and R audio, and the Component Sync.
WAXTvuAl.jpg

I still don't have RGB set up on my NES, and the Gamecube/Dreamcast are running S-Video (or VGA/Svideo in the Dreamcast's case), so I have the automatic switch to control it all.
It also switches audio so the Logitech Speakers and subwoofer I use will work properly without me needing to get up.
QMjwnfBl.jpg

Here's my meager Neo Geo CD collection. It's so small it has to share a spot with my PC Engine, Japanese Saturn and Dreamcast games.
DfEXIIO.jpg

Finally, here's one portion of my SNES games.
If you look closely, you'll see some strange titles on the shelf. I make my own reproduction games.
2MxLg8jl.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to share and introduce myself.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I like the stickers on the switches. It is all nice.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice Setup.
That monitor is really ACE. Wish I could find one for that price too!

Great collection.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'll be updating later with my more modern systems (PS1-PS3, Xbox hueg, 360, Wii/WiiU) and plasma setup, and another post for my handheld stuff (Backlight white GBA, Game Gear [I plan on modding this with a 2.5" TFT LCD eventually], DS, 3DS, all my PSPs, Vita, and Wonderswan stuff)

I'm also trying to mod a Wonderswan Crystal for a proper backlight by removing the metal layer on the rear of the glass and moving the filter from the front to the back.

No luck so far, and I've already destroyed 3 WSC screens trying.
I fear it may be impossible.

Also, would anyone be interested in my PC collection?

I've got like 250+ classic cd based PC games.
I used to have floppies as well, but most of them got damaged in a flood when I was a kid.
My only surviving floppy games are Quest for Glory 2 and Kings Quest 2 (The box survived!).

I also have a paper box FULL of all the manuals I've ever owned for PC games, so even if I don't have the original floppies anymore, I do have something to remember them by.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
No luck so far, and I've already destroyed 3 WSC screens trying.
those poor systems. I'm still looking for some Crystal, so if you have a spare...........

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I actually DO have a crystal, but I'm saving that for the true backlight mod, once I perfect it.

Until then, it's MINE, my own, my love, my precious.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice collection. I like the SCART switches :D Also that white medical PVM is boss!

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I see you put the Saturn games showing their japanese spine, I have facing the opposite as I can't remember wich one is wich.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I see you put the Saturn games showing their japanese spine, I have facing the opposite as I can't remember wich one is wich.

I read Japanese Kana pretty well, so it really makes no difference to me. I can identify my games just as easily in Japanese as in English.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I love the neo geo cd man. Definitely recommend you get Fatal Fury Special for it at some point. The sound track is mind blowingly good in that game. Like on a totally different level.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes! Fatal Fury Special on Neo CD is the balls. The stereo chip on the Neo Geo CD is ridiculous, you truly feel the distinctive separation of the 2 channels.

Neo CD must have titles.

FFS
Samsho II
Nam '75
Los Turfes
Last Resort
Karnov's
KOF '95

I could go on and on, what a great system. I think the trick is to stick with early titles if you're not patient enough for the loading times, but even then loading times aren't that big of a deal, perfect for smoking some grass, hit that shit in between, we used to call it "intermission" at the meet ups. Good times!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I don't think luck has anything to do with it.

Anyone can learn. I use a free program on my android phone called Obenkyo to drill myself a few times every week.

Kana is super easy to learn.
Kanji takes more time, but I can do JPLT 5 and 4 with 90% accuracy, so it's working for me.

Also, thanks for the Neo CD suggestions, once I recover from my PS4 purchase, I'll grab those.