Wonderswan

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, but the cycle that generally happens, and I did it too, is this:

Oh sweet, Wonderswan Colors are cheap! I've always been curious, let me try one out. *buys system*

Hey, this thing is really fun, but I can't see shit! *buys a Crystal anyway*

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Forgot to shave down that lip below the screen, eh?
I got some of those screens too, and popped one in my WS Crystal.

Where are you pulling your voltage from?
I'm pulling mine from a capacitor on the right.
I think 3.2V. Maybe a little too much, it's a little washed out.

Edit:
Pics
View attachment 25455View attachment 25456View attachment 25457

That looks terrible. Now I remember why I didn't like the WSC much at all. It really had the shittiest screen.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
That looks terrible. Now I remember why I didn't like the WSC much at all. It really had the shittiest screen.

But it's not a color, it's a CRYSTAL!

To be fair, I was pulling too much current for the front light, and my cell camera is shit.

I'll put in a trim pot at some point and show it at various levels of intensity.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I bought a WonderSwan Color and a game from two different sellers, the former arrived two weeks ago and the other is MIA. Anyone else had this happen? Feels disappointing that the WonderSwan can't do anything without a game. NGPC has a whole bunch of settings and a Horoscope, Game Boy has a logo. At least those let you know they're alive.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You can set your boot text and some personal things. Hold start when powering on.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
My crystal does almost nothing without a cart inserted, only a quick flicker on the screen and a small pop of the speakers. You'll need a cart to find out if works correctly.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Yeah, but I've been watching auction-based sellers. I don't really frequent the dedicated Japanese game stores online.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I only own the Swan Crystal, still not optimal for casual gaming :( CBA to get it frontlight-modded, cause it still isn't nice (like on the ngpc).

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Ok, damn, will have to look for a Crystal now...

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Ok, damn, will have to look for a Crystal now...

Checked ebay to see how much they are selling it and damn, why this console got so expensive? o_O
It's a nice system but...

Edit:
You could join the secret santa 2015 and pray for a miracle :D

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Checked ebay to see how much they are selling it and damn, why this console got so expensive? o_O
It's a nice system but...

I paid about 50.00 a year and a half ago for a loose one. They were about double that with the box and manual. No idea what they're going for now.

Ren-chan

I paid about 50.00 a year and a half ago for a loose one. They were about double that with the box and manual. No idea what they're going for now.

I was lucky many years ago and bought it CIB by just $15 from someone who didn't want it on ebay on a "buy it now". It was like new.

xsq

so... I'm (hopefully) joining the club soon... fell for a 'reduced' violet crystal +FF1, Tekken CC, GunpayEX and One Piece Colosseum. Everything's loose, but got it for $100 shipped from Japan.

Ren-chan

Nice, already bought or are you still thinking about it?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Has anyone looked at Flashmasta.com in regards to his "new" Wonderswan Flashcart (WIP)?

xsq

Nice, already bought or are you still thinking about it?
already bought. It's gonna be a while till it gets here, damn customs.

Has anyone looked at Flashmasta.com in regards to his "new" Wonderswan Flashcart (WIP)?
tumblr_mqyvloJxTm1rmiwmio1_400.gif

Ren-chan

already bought. It's gonna be a while till it gets here, damn customs.
]

Nice.
Customs are a pain in the ass, not sure about Germany but here once it arrives at customs, a week later you receive a letter you have to fullfill, add the invoice/payment (paypal transaction, etc) and send it scanned to an email address and then, a week later they send you a quotation by email, you make the payment... and like an eternity later they deliver it. It takes a whole fucking month over here.
I am avoiding EMS since it has nothing related to EXPRESS.

xsq

yeah, it's pretty similar around here... but after receiving the first letter from the customs office you have the option to pick your parcel up with all the necessary papers at the office in person (or go the same route as you described mailing back and forth with them).

I usually drive to the office, by bike… takes about 1 hour to get there and back but it’s worth it. ^^

Ren-chan

Lucky, the office you have to go here in Spain is in Madrid... and I live like 650km away lol.
Anyways! Hope you get the system anytime before xmas haha.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
This is not an exaggeration. I did comparison between different Wonderswan models a while back for reference.

Wow, GohanX's comment should be on a T-shirt. Having finally gotten some Wonderswan cartridges in, I too now see that statement is serious. The Color isn't unplayable, but the screen is indeed hard to see. I did notice the screen is a bit brighter if you go into the system settings and set the contrast to low, then adjust the contrast wheel.

So far it's pretty good, about as good as a completely Japanese console can be. One Piece Swan Colosseum is very good, Gunpey seems interesting and Final Fantasy is to be expected. I'm kinda tempted to get Clock Tower just for shits and giggles.

If I find enough B&W games to play, I may very well get a B&W WonderSwan, it has a nice screen yes?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's unspectacular. Slightly more clear than a GB Pocket. Definitely not as good as a GB Light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk