Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Wonderswan

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This may have been mentioned, but judgement silversword is on steam. I just picked it up for $2.00 a few days ago on sale. Not sure if its the exact same game.
    Thanks for this. I completely forgot about this. The normal price is 5USD

Raiden's Valet

Loving Klonoa! It's a great mix of platforming and puzzles which is right up my alley. Easy, but very polished and fun. Thanks everyone who recommended it earlier in the thread.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

If I ditch all my other Swan games I'm keeping Klonoa. And Gunpey.

arg. I don't have Klonoa....

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Raiden's Valet

Beat Klonoa. I got 100% on the normal levels, but settled for just completing the EX stages without getting all of the little gems. The difficultly really ramps up in those EX stages. Especially appreciated the puzzles in EX5 and 6.

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

Finally got around to posting this...

I stepped out of WS briefly (knocked the 64DD off my bucket list), but I'm back in a big way. I still can't believe how cheap I got those Wonderswans for. $35 shipped, seriously. That includes the SwanCrystal. They all work, even the beat up B&W system. I also treated myself to a WS Flash Masta. Man does that thing ever improve the Wonderswan, now I can actually play games I'm interested in! I bought a CIB GunPey because it's my favorite WS game.

After having used a SwanCrystal, I'm actually perfectly fine with the Color. I know, unbelievable. Thing is, although the Crystal has a very nice screen, I find it a bit too dark, the contrast is low. The speaker is also kinda tinny and quiet. Maybe it's just my unit, perhaps it needs fixing? The two Color systems I got are in amazing condition, the screens have no functional wear on them at all.

That said, the slight motion blur on the Color does make games like Judgement Silversword harder to play, so the Crystal has that definitely going for it.
    Last edited by HeavyMachineGun; 11-12-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Nice lot you've got there, incredibly cheap too! I agree that the color is not that bad, I sometimes use it instead of the crystal just for the sake of variety.

So, besides the commercial games, are there any translations or demos which might be interesting to play with the Flash Masta? I'd love to see the Dragon Ball game translated but, given that the original Gokuuden for Famicom is one of the few which haven't been fan translated, I guess it's not gonna happen.

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

I can imagine being able to play Final Fantasy 1 and 2 in English on the Wonderswan would be a dream come true for people who played them during a time before the GBA.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of demos, homebrew and translations, but the WS Flash Masta will make real hardware testing of such coding a lot easier than before. It's very possible the WS Flash Masta might further increase interest in the Wonderswan. For now I just like being able to play expensive retail games on it.

On an unrelated note, I find GunPey EX really disappointing. Without a story mode, it's half of a complete game to me. It feels soulless, kinda like Puzzle League on GBA. It's a real shame too, the GunPey engine is significantly improved in EX.
    Last edited by HeavyMachineGun; 11-12-2016 at 04:04 AM.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=tran...transsearch=Go

There is very little in the way of translation. Blue Wing Blitz could be a great game with just a little more english.

Switch

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Well, I'm actually impressed that SaGa is fully translated!

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

I can't get One Piece Swan Colosseum working on the WS Flash Masta, I guess I need to buy that one again. At least nearly everything else I've tried works.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    I can't get One Piece Swan Colosseum working on the WS Flash Masta, I guess I need to buy that one again. At least nearly everything else I've tried works.
    Well, good news is that it's a very common and cheap game, so you won't have any problems picking that one up. I think Swan Colosseum may easily be the WS game I spent more time on, I absolutely loved it back in the day. The Jump Superstars series on the DS felt as the successors of this one.

That Flash Masta is starting to tempt me!

Have you tried a different rom?

Switch

On an unrelated note, I find GunPey EX really disappointing. Without a story mode, it's half of a complete game to me. It feels soulless, kinda like Puzzle League on GBA. It's a real shame too, the GunPey engine is significantly improved in EX.
    I agree. B&W Gunpey has a ton of charm that is sorely lacking in EX. Color doesn't really add much to the game so I stick with the B&W one.

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    Have you tried a different rom?
    I'm using the GoodWSx ROM set from emuparadise, I also tried the individual ROM from there but that probably doesn't matter. There's only so many places to get WS ROMs from. That and I really doubt more than one group dumped those games. I could try asking at the Flash Masta forums, maybe someone can share their Swan Colosseum ROM that works on the Flash Masta?

To clarify, when I run One Piece Swan Colosseum, the game will display the DIMPS and copyright screens, but it will lock up on a black screen after that. Sometimes it will play a single held note, or the HUD on the right side of the screen will have a random icon appear. I think it's safe to say the game crashes. It does this whether the intro cutscene plays or if I try to skip to the title screen.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I agree. B&W Gunpey has a ton of charm that is sorely lacking in EX. Color doesn't really add much to the game so I stick with the B&W one.
    I especially find it strange that the only other appearance of the characters from B&W Gunpey was in the PSX version. Come to think of it, I recently modchipped my PS2 Slim, I think I'll add PSX Gunpey to my list of games to burn. Thanks GohanX.

THERE'S A PLAYSTATION VERSION OF GUNPEY?!?!?!!!?

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

Yes there was... But only in Japan.

http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&...&title_id=4598

Raiden's Valet

Just played through Makaimura. Excluding the Gargoyle series, it's actually the first GnG I've played for more than a level or 2. The 1st loop was rough. I probably died 30-40 times just getting through stage 1A. Once I got past that, I picked up some steam for the rest of the way. 2nd loop was way faster with me usually dying only once per stage. I also didn't notice anything different the 2nd time around, minus the extra weapon and boss at the end. Overall, it probably only took me 2-3 hours. Great game, and I'm glad I picked this one up.

Also I lol'd when they give you the princess' bust/waist/hip measurements during the credits.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

A friend just sold me a WS Color for super cheap. Should be getting it in a few days. He has no extra games to sell me though.

Anyone have a cheap "playable" game to sell me. Like in the $25.00 or lower range. I would also take FF2 if you had that to throw in as well. Makaimura would be ideal, but any cheap game really that isn't text dependent, loose OK.

Are those WS Flash Mastas all sold out? The webiste shows zero in stock. Do they get them on a regular basis?
    Last edited by greedostick; 01-06-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

I have a FF1, but that's text heavy and the shipping would probably kill the deal. I'd go to ebay and order something cheap (possibly directly from Japan).

As to the Flashmasta: You can subscribe to the blog and will get emails once they are back in stock, or just PM Flavor and ask him.
    Last edited by xsq; 01-08-2017 at 05:20 AM. Reason: subscribe link added.

King's Dry Cleaner

Recently got a Wonderswan Color, and luck would have it that the WS Flash Masta carts got a restock not too long after getting the WSC in the mail. Loving it so far, but the handheld is a bitch to turn off. Turns on no problem, but it's like pulling teeth to turn it off.
    -Always peanut butter
    -Confident strategy
    -Become president of peanut butters

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Has there been any progress on a readily avaliable front lite kit for the system. I love my WS but, its hard to go back and play it without a light.

I have never seen a kit.

There were a few places that did it as a service, but that usually doesnt last for long. I dont know anyone doing them at the moment.

Switch

Thread Information