AES seems Dull

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi All

Hope someone can help with this it's been bugging me for ages :(, when I use my AES which is plugged into my B&O 7000 via a euro RGB scart the colours don't seem as vivid and clear as when using my Neo Geo CD system on the same TV.
Is this to do with the low serial RGB issue, my AES is a Japanese low serial model could I still have this issue or is there something else I am able to check.

Thanks
Mark :glee:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
As much as B&O is supposed to be top shelf, you may be better off connecting to a different tv, such as a crt.

You can also modify your home system to have a better video output. Not sure who to ask in Europe, but in the states there are many people you can hire.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
@Was : In Europe he doesn't need to mod his AES for optimal picture.

@pheonixman : Check if there are resistors in the scart plug. The AES do not need them. You may have a darker image if you're using an other console scart cable.
A pic would be more helpful to try to help you out.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi,

What version is your AES??

Un saludo

What fremen means is that a serial number is not enough. We like to see electronic boards. Take pics of the internals of the AES.

Regards.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Probably nothing wrong with your equipment. The Neo CD RGB picture is superior to most AES revisions but don't worry, it's fixable.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Probably nothing wrong with your equipment. The Neo CD RGB picture is superior to most AES revisions but don't worry, it's fixable.

Yup, mostly due to a slightly better encoder and the proper cap/resistor combo.

But in some cases it might just be that his AES needs the caps/resistors swapped with new values.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi All

Thanks for all the replies, I'll get some pics uploaded so u can see what I mean. I'll check the motherboard version also.
Just to confim its a B&O 7000 crt and I'm using an aftermarket RGB scart.

Cheers
Mark

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ok so I checked the board and think from looking into the catridge slot with a light its a 3-5. Also the AES is 76000 serial Neo-0 and I'm using a 5W SNK original power lead, it does say on the back of the console 8W not sure it this could be an issue.

Below CD AES, the camera doesn't really pick it up that well to be honest. I think you can just about see the difference on earthquakes red

Below AES Image below, I did try and get the same stage but it wasn't having any of it :tickled:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You are wrong Mister!

You need a 5V - VOLT!!!! PSU
8W - Watt, is the energy consumption!

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm sure the 3-5 PCB revision is a 9v Neo Geo, isn't it?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's just a difference of encoders. Nothing else.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
You can always tap the RGB from the source, thus bypassing the CXA 1145 encoder's RGB. Just tap the RGB in before the resistors and go from there.