NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Metal Slug, You seem more excited about the prices of games rising than the games themselves (not to mention being accessible to people who want them). We'll never get a NGPC forum if this is what people care about. I've held off saying this before, but now you have four separate threads about NGPC ebay auctions on the first page. I hope I don't come off as an asshole, but I'm not sure how to better express being bothered by this.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Come for the games, stay for the drama.

It definitely used to be "Come for [enjoying] the games, stay for the drama."

But I think it has evolved to:
"Come for the [sales forums to buy] games, stay [if you can avoid the ban] for the drama."

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Metal Slug, You seem more excited about the prices of games rising than the games themselves (not to mention being accessible to people who want them). We'll never get a NGPC forum if this is what people care about. I've held off saying this before, but now you have four separate threads about NGPC ebay auctions on the first page. I hope I don't come off as an asshole, but I'm not sure how to better express being bothered by this.

Hi Vectorman,

There isn't exactly a lot of news or new subjects to discuss when it comes to the NGPC that we haven't talked about to the Nth degree over the last 15 years.
The prices in the UK are going a bit mental at the moment, that's news!
There has also been a distinct lack of the rarer games offered for sale for a long time.
If you read back through my threads you'll see a pattern of me looking at the 'desirable games' and the ones that are genuinely less common or rare but not so playable.

We are now seeing Dive Alert making more than Faselei! That's news I'm afraid.

The NGPC collecting scene here seems to have recieved a boost over here and that's why I'm talking about it. That boost has thrown up some interesting statistics.
I don't understand why some people think the subject should be 'off limits'?
There have been an endless amount of threads discussing the price of homecarts over the years!

If this boost in value prompts a spike in interest similar to what's been seen in other handhelds then I'll be all over that too.
I look at the home-made proto carts of AVP and the like for the Lynx and I wish we had someone making Magician Lord ones for the NGPC :(
If that ever happened, you can expect posts galore from me on the subject.
At the moment, the news in the scene is the prices and lack of rare complete games available.

You don't come across as an a-hole!
Regards
MS

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

This is exactly why I don't post a similar thread for original Game Boy games, which is one of the HARDEST systems to collect for, especially if you want CIB.

In comparison, NGPC is pretty LOL when compared to Game Boy. (Not saying GB is a better system)

Jon

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Hi Vectorman,

There isn't exactly a lot of news or new subjects to discuss when it comes to the NGPC that we haven't talked about to the Nth degree over the last 15 years.
The prices in the UK are going a bit mental at the moment, that's news!
There has also been a distinct lack of the rarer games offered for sale for a long time.
If you read back through my threads you'll see a pattern of me looking at the 'desirable games' and the ones that are genuinely less common or rare but not so playable.

We are now seeing Dive Alert making more than Faselei! That's news I'm afraid.

The NGPC collecting scene here seems to have recieved a boost over here and that's why I'm talking about it. That boost has thrown up some interesting statistics.
I don't understand why some people think the subject should be 'off limits'?
There have been an endless amount of threads discussing the price of homecarts over the years!

If this boost in value prompts a spike in interest similar to what's been seen in other handhelds then I'll be all over that too.
I look at the home-made proto carts of AVP and the like for the Lynx and I wish we had someone making Magician Lord ones for the NGPC :(
If that ever happened, you can expect posts galore from me on the subject.
At the moment, the news in the scene is the prices and lack of rare complete games available.

You don't come across as an a-hole!
Regards
MS
Like I've said before Metal Slug, you're using NG.com as a platform to better your own situation. Whatever that may be.

Probably as a reseller sat on a load of old NGPC stock, just waiting to pounce at the right moment when the market is 'just right'.

And what better way to inform the market of the (so called) current market prices than via the biggest NeoGeo site's own NGPC threads?

Sorry to also come off as an asshole, but you don't come across as a fan of the platform, but more like a shareholder with stocks in the NGPC, of which, I suspect the latter to be true > the former.

Otherwise, there'd be no other reason to be jumping up and down everytime a game sells for a 3-figure price. Only, personal motive...

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. I don't even collect NGPC (I only own a console and Metal Slug) but I find it interesting to see the crazy prices these games are going for. There is no personal gain to be had from it, I don't own a single game that I could hope to flip for a fortune in the future, it's just interesting to see how the market is at the moment.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. I don't even collect NGPC (I only own a console and Metal Slug) but I find it interesting to see the crazy prices these games are going for. There is no personal gain to be had from it, I don't own a single game that I could hope to flip for a fortune in the future, it's just interesting to see how the market is at the moment.

You would not find it so interesting ,should you want to buy any of those "rare" (lol) titles to play on original hardware instead of emulating them :)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
You would not find it so interesting ,should you want to buy any of those "rare" (lol) titles to play on original hardware instead of emulating them :)

That's true, if I thought these threads were bumping the prices up and I was trying to collect a full set I wouldn't be so 'interested'.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Maybe have 1 "NGPC Auctions WTF" thread . I think this stuff is interesting, as someone who mostly paid like £20 a game back in the day it's a bit wild that people are paying this much. And I'd like to point out that I didn't post anything about these auctions prior to them ending so wasn't trying to drive prices up here. And I started them all at 99p or £5.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Like I've said before Metal Slug, you're using NG.com as a platform to better your own situation. Whatever that may be.

Probably as a reseller sat on a load of old NGPC stock, just waiting to pounce at the right moment when the market is 'just right'.

And what better way to inform the market of the (so called) current market prices than via the biggest NeoGeo site's own NGPC threads?

Sorry to also come off as an asshole, but you don't come across as a fan of the platform, but more like a shareholder with stocks in the NGPC, of which, I suspect the latter to be true > the former.

Otherwise, there'd be no other reason to be jumping up and down everytime a game sells for a 3-figure price. Only, personal motive...

I'm afraid you are just plain wrong.
I still have a full UK 39 NGPC games.
I've had them since new and am neither buying nor selling.
I've sold a few over the years, mostly a long time back. I'm not looking to sell my core collection, nor can I ever see myself doing so.
Unless I get hit by a bus and the Mrs sells them!
I've got a few doubles, cover variants, some Japanese titles etc but sadly no cases of the real rarities. In fact no spares of the real money spinners at all!

I'm talking about it because it's news and if that's not something you want to discuss, then you do realize that participation in these threads is optional?

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

Hi Matt,
Great avatar!!

It's also not just about the price. What we are seeing is a reflection of the actual availability of these games now.
Who would have ever thought that Faselei would be worth less than Dive Alert Matt version?
Some of us have been saying for years that games like Dive Alert Becky and Shanghai are much rarer than people suspect.
But to see the price of Matt version rising so steeply!
Not to mention the prices of Magical Drop and the pirate multi's!
A lot of people said that there were no genuinely rare games on the system and that time would prove this.
Time has shown the opposite. Aruze were very thorough and I think we can be fairly sure that there will not be any 'circus lido' moments for games like: Reversi, Picture Puzzle, or even recalled games like: Becky and Shanghai.
Discussing the prices doesn't inflate them.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm afraid you are just plain wrong.
I still have a full UK 39 NGPC games.
I've had them since new and am neither buying nor selling.

Then why do you post multiple threads everytime there's an auction for one at a stupidly high price where the majority of the posts are from you? Just make one single thread like the NG WTF Auctions thread and stop filling this section with multiple threads when it can be easily condensed into one single thread where you can bump it up to your heart's content.

I don't even hear you talking about the games you've played on the system hardly at all.

P.S. These kinda threads arn't any kind of news whatsoever unless you're looking to infalte the value of your own NGPC collection.

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Then why do you post multiple threads everytime there's an auction for one at a stupidly high price where the majority of the posts are from you? Just make one single thread like the NG WTF Auctions thread and stop filling this section with multiple threads when it can be easily condensed into one single thread where you can bump it up to your heart's content.

I don't even hear you talking about the games you've played on the system hardly at all.

P.S. These kinda threads arn't any kind of news whatsoever unless you're looking to infalte the value of your own NGPC collection.

You seem to gravitate to these threads BK?
You often feel the need to comment?
Why not simply exercise some discretion if you are not interested?

I haven't bought a 'new' game for the system in 15 years. Which might explain why I don't talk a lot about the games I'm playing.
I've played them and talked about them a hell of a lot, over a decade ago.

If you want me to talk about what I've played recently, I recently helped a member with resetting the Ganbare cart.
While I was doing so, I reset mine so I can replay this fantastic game again and have the fun of unlocking the mini games all over again.
I also played a couple of rounds of Turf masters :)

I am getting a little weary of trying to patiently explain myself to you when you simply appear to have some sort of axe to grind.
So I'm going to stop :)
(Bothering to explain myself repeatedly that is).
If you don't like my threads, stay out of them, or continue to try and disrupt them. Either way, it's going to gather the same amount of reaction from me, from now on.

I've always posted about the prices of NGPC games and the majority of my posts have been to do with the pocket.
As I've said before, if one of the Mod's tells me to stop talking about ebay prices, then I'll stop immediately.
But please do forgive me if I don't take my lead from your opinions.
So until then I guess I'll post what I feel is relevant to the current scene.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
You seem to gravitate to these threads BK?
You often feel the need to comment?
Why not simply exercise some discretion if you are not interested?

Barring the rest of this. Like I asked again, Why can't you just make a single thread about NGPC auctions instead of making multiples? Nobody would complain about it, I promise you or better yet, if you're going to make a thread about a game, Make it about the actual game instead of what dumbfuck on ebay is paying for it like it's a news story that has to have it's own separate thread. I've yet to see you post about games in terms of actual reviewing games instead of "Wow look how much this is going for!!!"

Be a bit more diverse is what I'm asking since it's not just me obviously getting the impression that you seem to be doing nothing other then attempting to let people know your collection of games is getting to be worth more and more money to idiots with 0 common sense.

I'm not trying to be a super dick here as much as you think I am just if I can make a thread about a game in this section and then stick to multiple titles in it, Then you can too.

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
just highlighting the question OP is dodging... it's totally valid too.

Looking back through the threads I've posted about the current market prices, they tend to evolve into larger discussions. Adding new instances to them constantly would simply make them messy and IMHO less readable and interesting.
As we aren't desperate to save bandwidth and given that, this is how I choose to present them.

Some focus on single games. Some on many (as this one has).

Until this violates forum rules, I don't see a problem.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Looking back through the threads I've posted about the current market prices, they tend to evolve into larger discussions. Adding new instances to them constantly would simply make them messy and IMHO less readable and interesting.
As we aren't desperate to save bandwidth and given that, this is how I choose to present them.

That's the thing you're avoiding. If you even bothered to look at the WTF Neo Geo Auction thread, there's a ton of discussion in that thread that's it's almost never fallen to the second page. You don't need multiple threads about Ebay auctions man. I know you've wanted to have a dedicated NGPC section but posting multiple threads in this section about ebay auctions isn't the way to go about it. You're going to just make more and more people get annoyed when you can just make one thread about NGPC auctions.

Why are you so hardheaded about this?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am CONSOLIDATING all the NGP/NGPC sales and auction threads in ONE thread.

Want to complain... please feel free to pm my ass...

xROTx

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

If what you want is a problem we can fix that. Keep fucking with the market and you'll find your problem soon enough.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Why not? If you're making multiple threads, that counts as spam and a temporary ban isn't out of the question for such behavior.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Why not? If you're making multiple threads, that counts as spam and a temporary ban isn't out of the question for such behavior.

I really don't want him to not post anything anymore tho EG. I'd rather him just consolidate the whole NGPC game auctions to just one thread. I don't like seeing new posts in this section and it's more then one thread about the same thing. There's no point to it.