NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Wow, is this really that rare? It's hard to believe that even NGPC games are now going for crazy prices.

I added this to my watch list when it was listed, but that's me out.

Hi Matt,

It's one of the games that received an initial print but was withdrawn as it was in the process of being released.
It was however, more sought after than some, so it exists in reasonable numbers.
But certainly by comparison with the other NGPC games, it would have to be classed as 'rare'.
Certainly the term is overused in the market generally, but when we think of a game such as Faselei, which received a limited release but can still always be sourced on ebay, then a game like Cool Boarders is much more difficult to find in A1 condition.
Combine with that the fact that it is actually an ok game and has no other similar titles on the system and you have a recipe for a relatively high price. Especially when you factor in the magical 39 target for collectors.
It will find it's price among those wishing to buy.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is on my want list, and I'll admit, I put in some serious bids, but someone wants it more than I do.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
This is on my want list, and I'll admit, I put in some serious bids, but someone wants it more than I do.

Hi F4U57,

I think it's one of the more desirable rare titles.
It's not been on ebay for a while and that will help the price I'd imagine. That said this is historically the worst time of year to sell anything!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm glad I picked up a copy 10 years ago when it could still be found for a reasonable price, but honestly the game isn't that great if all you're concerned about is playing it and not displaying it on your shelf. If I didn't have it and just wanted to play it, I'd go for a flash cart in a heartbeat.

turq

Quiz Detective
I see there's also a copy of one of the holiest of Neo Geo Pocket grails up for sale - - good ol' #22 Neo Geo Cup '98 PLUS - - CIB PAL B&W. They're asking 299 GBP and have had two offers so far.

turq

Quiz Detective
So Cool Boarders topped out at 196.99 GBP or about $300 US - - it's hard to argue that the NGPC market isn't hot right now.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Damn. I'm so glad I picked this up a while ago.
Not a great game, but one of the first color games.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221664642018?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this sold for way less....
ebay is not a place to be taken seriously,well at least if you are not a reseller/merchant that is..

We've seen the prices in (continental) Europe making much less than in the UK a few times recently.
I have to say that I often don't notice the games in Europe.
The one in the link sold for 125 Euros.

The UK market is certainly the most buoyant!

Last Blade was making up to £200 in the UK before xmas, and a few weeks later selling for less than $100 in the US.

The UK scene seems to be on the up!

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm so happy I'm not dabbling in Euro CIB NGPC stuff, because these prices are getting ridiculous :oh_no:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I have a collection of maybe 12 NGPC games, I had thought about going for the complete Euro set as it's relatively small, but this has changed my mind.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Some of these games exist in relatively small numbers as complete examples.
It's going to be interesting to watch the next UK shanghai or Dive Alert Becky.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Assuming this gameplay video is only half bad due to being a ROM play, doesn't look like a title I'd even want to pay $10 for...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That guy was playing on emulator and probably never even read the manual. Couldn't stay alive for even a minute. XD

turq

Quiz Detective
Cool Boarders is nowhere near the best game for the NGPC, but I have no patience for this type of sarcastic reviewer who can't even be bothered to source an actual cartridge of the game, and then provides little context within the available portable games of the era and the platform.