NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I didn't think any Japanese games were sealed? Can anyone attest to ordering a new Japanese NGPC game during its lifetime and receiving it sealed?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Hi Guys,
It does look like 'shrinkwrap' rather than cellophane with folded seams and heat joins like you get on most games/dvds?
Weird!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The price sticker and barcode is still on the back of the box, outside of the wrap.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Yes, all US games were shrinkwrapped. However, every Japanese game I ever bought brand new was not sealed. That's why I was asking about it. I'm sure there are people here who bought Japanese Cotton when it came out, or may be able to speak of receiving other sealed Japanese games. If not, I may be able to get in touch with the owner of videogamesdepot and see if he sealed his incoming NGPC stock before selling it.

Hi Guys,
It does look like 'shrinkwrap' rather than cellophane with folded seams and heat joins like you get on most games/dvds?
Weird!

The only cardboard box videogames I have ever seen with cellophane wrap were a couple of very late US GBA shovelware releases.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
The only cardboard box videogames I have ever seen with cellophane wrap were a couple of very late US GBA shovelware releases.

A lot of GBC and GBA games in the UK (certainly the Ninty ones anyway) were cellophane.
Same with N64 and if memory serves SNES.
Yeah, I did spend a lot on Ninty products!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Last one at auction sold for less than 50. I was about to say it was more in the 75 range IMO. It would be a good price at 50 to 75. Its not a 100 dollar game yet, but since it doesnt pop up often, some people foolishly pull the trigger at high buy it now prices.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Last one at auction sold for less than 50. I was about to say it was more in the 75 range IMO. It would be a good price at 50 to 75. Its not a 100 dollar game yet, but since it doesnt pop up often, some people foolishly pull the trigger at high buy it now prices.

Complete examples in the UK have been selling for up to £200 recently.
Just thought it was a good price for this one :(

turq

Quiz Detective
I noticed this one too and thought it was a relatively reasonable buy it now price given the rampant inflation in UK clamshells if someone needed this less common title.

I appreciated the heads up Metal Slug, and didn't think LegoSlug's snark was necessary, simple info would have been fine.

(PS: With the recent buying frenzy, I wouldn't be surprised to see people bid it up past the BIN price. ;) )

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I noticed this one too and thought it was a relatively reasonable buy it now price given the rampant inflation in UK clamshells if someone needed this less common title.

I appreciated the heads up Metal Slug, and didn't think LegoSlug's snark was necessary, simple info would have been fine.

(PS: With the recent buying frenzy, I wouldn't be surprised to see people bid it up past the BIN price. ;) )

Thanks Turq,

I don't think it would have hung about on eBay uk. Especially a few weeks ago.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someone's trying real hard to inflate the prices of NGPC. Good thing I got all mine.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Poo

Didnt mean to come off as snarky. Just havent seen them go for crazy prices. 200 gbp? Wowza. Granted I havent looked at international pricing... Pretty sure about 12 months ago 100 usd was the high end buy it now side of the spectrum.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
If you mean me, then oh dear, I've been rumbled! I am indeed responsible for setting international market prices.
Then I come here and talk about it.

Viola!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
If you mean me, then oh dear, I've been rumbled! I am indeed responsible for setting international market prices.

Viola!

I havent noticed the crazy UK prices. Usually I only buy USA, maybe Japan and the NGPC prices are nowhere near the links you have been posting. Not sure what is going on over there, but it is pretty odd. Prices are double or triple.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Viola!

No I didn't mean you but if you think that then whatever. lol

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
What else could I mean? It's not that hard to figure out some people these days have been trying to inflate their ngpc shit to extreme prices.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that it's really possible for a few people to have the sort of effect on the NGPC aftermarket, that has recently been suggested around here.

When it comes to some games, there is a very limited supply of complete examples.
If there is a market for those games, then those who compete for them will drive the price.

We've seen high prices on BIN sales on fleabay and on low-start auctions alike.
It's straightforward market forces, supply and demand.
Nothing nefarious.

I'm interested to see the after xmas dip in prices on this title as it's been a high priced seller in the run up to xmas.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hmmm, I'm not sure that it's really possible for a few people to have the sort of effect on the NGPC aftermarket, that has recently been suggested around here.

It's possible because people have been trying to do it. You only need to look in this section alone at the prices on some shit that has no reason for being so high.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Wow, is this really that rare? It's hard to believe that even NGPC games are now going for crazy prices.

I added this to my watch list when it was listed, but that's me out.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Wow, is this really that rare? It's hard to believe that even NGPC games are now going for crazy prices.

I added this to my watch list when it was listed, but that's me out.

It's not that rare. It's just a fluke and doesn't really reflect the value. Anyone with half a brain can slap the word "rare" on an item and stupid people will gobble it up.