NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Pretty certain he's referring to his own bids on the auctions, not that these were his auctions that received bids of $75.
thanks for clearing that up.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
The box art has been around for all three boxes since the system was still alive as shown in promo materials. Carts surfaced for two of them, and SNK USA was nearly as close to releasing Dynamite Slugger. I have a Dynamite Slugger cart with generic label I got from a SNK USA employee, and in the past I confirmed with an ESRB employee that Dynamite Slugger was rated E (without descriptors). Given the carts were produced in mass quantities and the box art had been produced, it seems plausible that there was some type of box produced. I think these are real boxes (retail, promo, or sample) from a test pressing.

It will be interesting to see if more pop up, from the same seller or elsewhere. Assuming these are real, this is the first time any of these have surfaced to my knowledge. From past experience, it seems when things like this pop up, they come in waves.

Yeah no way to prove it but I did buy Last Blade back in the day and it was new, it was in the box, but it wasn't like there was a stack of them lying around at the store either. I've seen the baseball one too, but never ever Faselei as I didn't think that one ever made it out of the UK complete. Really love to get back into this system but even the loose games on a few of the really good non-fighter ones I more enjoy have gotten a bit stupid (namely Biomotor Unitron.)

I don't think you are remembering correctly. I highly doubt you bought US versions of the game in official cardboard boxes, because they simply don't (or didn't) exist. You would be the only person in the world who ever bought these as such, which is unbelievable, to be honest.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Do you know if manuals were produced for the unreleased US games Vectorman? That's what makes me suspicous. If these cardboard boxes are real chances are very high the manuals also do exist and might surface someday. Until then I'd rather be careful about those boxes.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Do you know if manuals were produced for the unreleased US games Vectorman? That's what makes me suspicous. If these cardboard boxes are real chances are very high the manuals also do exist and might surface someday. Until then I'd rather be careful about those boxes.

who will stack up US manuals for years? Wait 10+ years and now slowly surface on ebay?
I think it's fake.

xsq

who will stack up US manuals for years? Wait 10+ years and now slowly surface on ebay?
I think it's fake.
happened with SamSho and KOF R-1 not too long ago (great deals to be had).
so who knows.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I guess im outdated on NGPC. I just found out that there is US release of Gal Fighters. I thought we only got cartridge release only......LOL

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I would say fake, I made boxes for myself, but I wasn't able to do the Silver reflective front like those have. I was actually going to sell them, but I don't have a lot of free time, especially when I'm trying to do manuals with the free time that I do have.

Last edited:
Not suspicious at all when selling ridiculously rare/plausibly fake item...

I bought a manual and promo booklet on the 7th, and it hasn't shipped.

I paid with PayPal using my CC, so I'm not worried, yet.

I am however getting suspicious, so, if I don't see anything by Monday, I'm filing a claim. I'm "local" and live within a 25 mile radius of the seller, so I should have received them by now.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
So, I got the boxes, and they are definitely real. The print material and die cuts exactly match the released boxes and the art assets used are source quality. Although you could basically determine this from the photos (which is why I bought them).

I have no idea if manuals were ever made for these. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they surfaced in the future.

I bought a manual and promo booklet on the 7th, and it hasn't shipped.

I paid with PayPal using my CC, so I'm not worried, yet.

I am however getting suspicious, so, if I don't see anything by Monday, I'm filing a claim. I'm "local" and live within a 25 mile radius of the seller, so I should have received them by now.

Give the seller a chance. I got this stuff, and I've bought from them in the past as well.

I did give the seller a chance, I waited 8 days, I think that was pretty fair. Anyways, it's all good, I just now received tracking information that the items have shipped today.

I'm glad to hear they're genuine, that was the main reason I didn't bid so high. Ah well, at this point, I'm almost positive these will show up again in the future.

xsq

So, I got the boxes, and they are definitely real. The print material and die cuts exactly match the released boxes and the art assets used are source quality. Although you could basically determine this from the photos (which is why I bought them).

I have no idea if manuals were ever made for these. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they surfaced in the future.
Cool to hear. And good to know these went to a good home. (Those prices though....)

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Did anyone save the pictures of those boxes? I wish I had been able to see what they looked like. What a story.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Probably not. The people that believe they are real want to keep that momentum going, and evidence is not something they want around.

Looking at cuts and art assets doesn't really prove anything. That's the same thing people believed with the aero fighters 3 fiasco.
Digital microscopes are $30. Let's look at the print quality and method. Let's look at the material. Are either of these definitive? No, but it's better than judging by eye. see AF3 fiasco again.

NGPC has been on the rise, and this is stuff people really want to be real. The timing makes no sense, and the stories make no sense. As a neo geo collector, those things just don't add up anymore.

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Did anyone save the pictures of those boxes? I wish I had been able to see what they looked like. What a story.

My browser still displays this two, but only in thumbnail mode. Guess I still have them in cache, there you go:

ngp_dynamite.pngngp_faselei.png

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
It's around $300 boxed, so that's not surprising. Being a cotton fan us suffering. Almost every game in that series is in the triple digits.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Nice, thanks for sharing. Seeing these boxes after all these years makes me wanna get back to my US collection from 2003...

How much did you pay for them and have manuals surfaced too yet?