Rock Band 4 announced for Xbone and PS4

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
It will be interesting to see how the Rock Band plastic guitar will stack up against Rocksmith's real guitar.

I've been putzing around with Rocksmith for the last few months and I don't ever see going back to playing Rockband...granted, ones a game to play with friends for fun...and the other is an educational tool to frusturate the hell out of yourself with...so their target markets may be a bit different, but the sales numbers will still be interesting to see a year from now.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I don't know... I kinda feel like the whole Guitar Hero and Rock Band trend went about as fast as it came. I don't remember the last time I played either one, or heard anyone talking about them.

Rocksmith is definitely a different deal than Rock Band IMO.

Should be interesting to see how many people still are interested in the genre.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

10881320200498679151.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
GregN killin' it on okcupid! :keke:

Rock out, with yer' cock out! Parents basement style!

Love it!

Fuck ya, brotha.

I don't give a shit about Rocksmith - that's for people who are into guitar.
I'm more into vocals, drums, and keyboard.

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Fuck ya, brotha.

I don't give a shit about Rocksmith - that's for people who are into guitar.
I'm more into vocals, drums, and keyboard.

Some company basically did make an actual electronic drum kit you could use with rockband...and that thing was AWESOME. It pretty much made it Drumsmith.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't know... I kinda feel like the whole Guitar Hero and Rock Band trend went about as fast as it came. I don't remember the last time I played either one, or heard anyone talking about them.
Just started playing Guitar Hero again. Literally just a week ago. I'm going through a major resurgence at the moment.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just started playing Guitar Hero again. Literally just a week ago. I'm going through a major resurgence at the moment.

Good for you man. RB was popular at a couple of the Neo Gatherings.

Some company basically did make an actual electronic drum kit you could use with rockband...and that thing was AWESOME. It pretty much made it Drumsmith.

Yep. I think it was Ion.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Hard to believe it's been 5 years since the last GH + RB games. I guess the steady flow of DLC for Rock Band made it seem evergreen.

Those games definitely needed to take a break at the time but I'm super excited for more Rock Band now that I've had a couple of years to let it rest. It was easily the game I played most in the previous generation. Great party game for non-video game playing types, great game to get the missus involved (singing/keyboards) and the leaderboard chasing in RB was super fun. Hell, I played the shit out of Rock Band Blitz too with its Amplitude-lite style. Rock Band is a terrific video game, Rocksmith is a great educational tool but a mediocre game.

Here's to hoping they can figure out the backwards compatibility bullshit with MS + Sony. I'm not particularly interested in buying another $200 worth of plastic crap.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Hard to believe it's been 5 years since the last GH + RB games. I guess the steady flow of DLC for Rock Band made it seem evergreen.

Those games definitely needed to take a break at the time but I'm super excited for more Rock Band now that I've had a couple of years to let it rest. It was easily the game I played most in the previous generation. Great party game for non-video game playing types, great game to get the missus involved (singing/keyboards) and the leaderboard chasing in RB was super fun. Hell, I played the shit out of Rock Band Blitz too with its Amplitude-lite style. Rock Band is a terrific video game, Rocksmith is a great educational tool but a mediocre game.

Here's to hoping they can figure out the backwards compatibility bullshit with MS + Sony. I'm not particularly interested in buying another $200 worth of plastic crap.

I'm with ya all the way man. It sounds like they won't be supporting the keyboard in 4, and that really sucks, but I can see why.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The break from the music game genre was nice, but it's nice to see a new Rockband all the same, and the song importation seals the deal for me. All I care about is the mic, but it's good to know most of the other stuff will work too for people who don't like to/can't sing.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The break from the music game genre was nice, but it's nice to see a new Rockband all the way, and the song importation seals the deal for me. All I care about is the mic, but it's good to know most of the other stuff will work too for people who don't like to/can't sing.

I wonder how they'll implement that song carry-over though. And I'm pretty sure the 360 controllers don't natively work with the xbone, or am I wrong?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I wonder how they'll implement that song carry-over though. And I'm pretty sure the 360 controllers don't natively work with the xbone, or am I wrong?

No, the reg controllers won't work. They may implement a type of USB dongle though. I would assume the song importation will probably be via some kind of app, or USB transfer cable...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so what shortcomings did previous versions have for them to use as excuses as to why they can't make ''old'' console versions?
that'd take care of a few compatibility and transfer issues, having them make versions for 3 and 360-right? it goes on playstations before?

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Yep so done with these games. Ill admit they had thier day for myme but that day is long gone.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yep so done with these games. Ill admit they had thier day for myme but that day is long gone.

I go on binges playing them, and then I don't touch them for months, so I understand what you're saying.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

easy, people will buy it. five years will have lots of newcomers that will feel great about getting the 'better' new one and probably plenty of people thinking they are upgrading by buying for the next gen even if they put out old console versions which they will probably avoid due to it really being the same thing? I wonder if they get funded/commision by only putting out versions for the latest and greatest systems? its more ok to poke fun at this being samey than even Mario, right? weird that they would drop peripherals(keyboards) and still be able to call it ''new and improved''?

so what does it have that makes it have to be on the new ones, really?
me I never played one, the closest was some fireworks rhythm game demo for 360 that I stunk at.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-05-rock-band-4-announced-for-this-year-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Article says you can import all your old songs and use your plastic instruments.

The problem is, all my shit is on Xbox 360, and I don't want to buy an Xbone. Not enough games for it yet, and most of the shit on there is TPS and FPS games.

I missed the whole Rockband/Guitar Hero craze but I know people who had been all up in it and it's nice that you're stuff can carry over

Aren't they still doing stuff for Rocksmith as I think I still see dlc for it popping up on the PSN add-on section every other Tuesday

Giant Bomb mentioned they wondered how this will change what song gets added now that artist and record companies know that there's money to be made here