my new arcade machine

carlossal

n00b
My first arcade machine with metal slug 3 puzzle bobble samurai showdown and world heros

Attachments

• 20150303_200057-1.jpg
    20150303_200057-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 522

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Congrats on the new machine and games (especially Metal Slug 3 - it's a classic). Is there a 6-slot board inside, too?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Just a 4 slot which is good enough. Might get a 6 in the future

It would return the cabinet to its original state, but I've heard that 6-slot boards have more compatibility issues. You're probably better off with a 4-slot.

atty101

n00b
Super jealous, man. Nice pick up. Wish I had the room for something like that.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice cab there! I've never seen one like this in Australia ... yet!

I'd personally avoid the 6 slot board though, can be problematic.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice cab there! I've never seen one like this in Australia ... yet!

And probably won't. It's an Electrocoin.
Made specificly to the UK market, licensed by SNK.

1up has one too, but it still retains the original painel paintings.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Niiice, I wish I could find a MVS cab in Spain. Those bat stick <3

For stand up cabs, you are pretty well spot on in Spain.
A lot of lovely Covielsa cabs and Green Gold's were made there. Some are pretty nice.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It would return the cabinet to its original state, but I've heard that 6-slot boards have more compatibility issues. You're probably better off with a 4-slot.

I've found that the fours are more finicky. I had a solid six slot board that was just too big for my setup, and then went through about eight four slots until I found one without problems. Thankfully, I Quan helping me out, and he was the only reason I didn't just give up and go back to a two slot. The two is a tank, but my six was rock solid always as well... I've only had problems with fours.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've found that the fours are more finicky. I had a solid six slot board that was just too big for my setup, and then went through about eight four slots until I found one without problems. Thankfully, I Quan helping me out, and he was the only reason I didn't just give up and go back to a two slot. The two is a tank, but my six was rock solid always as well... I've only had problems with fours.

I've only had issues with two slots. :p Its all a bit of a crap shoot.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Congrats! Great purchase. Like the style of that cab too. Next step unibios and perhaps a multicart? ? Thats the way i went and have no regrets. that way you can test before you collect

carlossal

n00b
In terms of space i asked my friend if i can keep it in his cafe where the public can play it. So if your worried about space ask around youll be suprised

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
In terms of space i asked my friend if i can keep it in his cafe where the public can play it. So if your worried about space ask around youll be suprised

Bring it home.
It'll die of abuse in that place.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
For stand up cabs, you are pretty well spot on in Spain.
A lot of lovely Covielsa cabs and Green Gold's were made there. Some are pretty nice.

I played a lot with Video Lider units like these:

332236_103133173132477_100003073846683_22180_164776287_o.jpg

I meant I have never ever seen a SNK MVS cab.

ThGame

Geese's Thug

Bring it home.

I have to agree tetris stuff around your house and make room even if its crowded. too nice of a machine to not be babied

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Nice Electrocoin MVS cab right there. I used to have Loardsvale MVS cabinet before going the candy cab route. Lovely little cabs. I would stay with the 4 slot if I were you as well.

Bring it home.

I can't help but agree with this. Get it back before it gets raped.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I have the same cabinet, great machines!

Electrocoin_zps0bc80cd6.jpg

Have you thought about installing the original red sticks and the original Control Panel Overlay?