best way to play NGPC

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Then I suggest playing your NGPC on the surface of the sun.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been playing the bejesus of Card Fighters 2 Expand Ed. on my JXD Gaming tablet and yes, screen problem solved, I don't mind it with CF2 'cause is just a card game but I wouldn't wanna play SNK vs Capcom like that, the D-Pad and the sharp reflective LCD are part of the charm on this system. I wish all the handhelds had this freaking D-Pad 'cause is the best.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The GP2x F100 had a stick, not sure if it was clicky like the NGPC. I only had an F200 which had an awful D-Pad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Pretty awesome! Don't know if it's the LCD screen but the vertical stretch looks rather odd.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I personally like having a front lit system. It's not perfect, but it's the best option if you need an added light source. I also have a regular system I play on when I don't need the front light because, as someone previously mentioned, the light washes out the display a tiny bit and covers a couple rows of pixels.

ggallegos, I'm fairly certain I have a broken SP with a good light I have kept for modding purposes. You can have it, just PM me and I can mail it or you can pick it up.

Reasons why the other options are bad (other than the fact none of them are easily attainable):
Nyko worm light - this requires its bundled rechargeable battery pack to plug into, and the combination of the two is cumbersome. It also causes glare
Madcow Sun light - dim and has the same LED glare issue
Snap on light magnifiers - In my experience, all brands of these are terribly designed and break super easily. I tried using two different kinds and, fresh out of the box, hinges on both broke immediately; I barely had a chance to try them.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I personally like having a front lit system. It's not perfect, but it's the best option if you need an added light source. I also have a regular system I play on when I don't need the front light because, as someone previously mentioned, the light washes out the display a tiny bit and covers a couple rows of pixels.

ggallegos, I'm fairly certain I have a broken SP with a good light I have kept for modding purposes. You can have it, just PM me and I can mail it or you can pick it up.

Reasons why the other options are bad (other than the fact none of them are easily attainable):
Nyko worm light - this requires its bundled rechargeable battery pack to plug into, and the combination of the two is cumbersome. It also causes glare
Madcow Sun light - dim and has the same LED glare issue
Snap on light magnifiers - In my experience, all brands of these are terribly designed and break super easily. I tried using two different kinds and, fresh out of the box, hinges on both broke immediately; I barely had a chance to try them.

PM sent!

Also z thanks again to all for tour input. I'm going the modded route, but ifI absolutely don't like it, I'll buy another off the bay one day.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Bit of a pipe dream I guess but I do occasionally check fleabay for a light kit like the ones you can get for the GBC and GBA :(

I've wanted to do Xian Xi's internal light mod for ages, but never summoned the courage to risk screwing up one of my beloved systems.