Problem with GBS-8200 HD 9800 V5.0

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I got a few of these and I get this same problem with each kne and I tried them on 3 different monitors and 3 different cables.

Here's the video of the problem

http://youtu.be/_8nbDNI3bcw

I tried it on a CRT, LCD and a projector.

The exact model of the converter is GBS-8200 HD 9800 V5.0 from 5.15.2014

jacket

n00b
I remember having the same thing going on when I got my GBS-8200. I can't say how I fixed it but it involved messing with the settings in the scaler and my lcd monitor.

kotter

n00b
Looks like it could be a sync issue and if you can't stabilize it with the settings you might want to consider using a sync cleaner?
Afaik these boards are made to accept the arcade signals as-is but my V4.0 doesn't. I ended up putting a lm1881 circuit to clean up the sync and now it runs smoothly with all my systems.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Looks like it could be a sync issue and if you can't stabilize it with the settings you might want to consider using a sync cleaner?
Afaik these boards are made to accept the arcade signals as-is but my V4.0 doesn't. I ended up putting a lm1881 circuit to clean up the sync and now it runs smoothly with all my systems.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to add one of those?

kotter

n00b
Here's a fairly good tutorial on how to build the circuit: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/other/sync.htm
So you'd plug the sync from your machine into the "composite video input" and then you connect the GBS sync wire to "Composite sync output" via a 680ohm resistor.
The components are cheap to get and easy to assemble if you've got some basic soldering skills.

That's my suggestion though I'm not as savvy as the other gents around here so you might get some better ones that are easier to try first :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did you try using the auto sync feature? Hold the down button for 5-10 seconds then let go. Sometimes you need to do it more than once.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Did you try using the auto sync feature? Hold the down button for 5-10 seconds then let go. Sometimes you need to do it more than once.

I did, didn't seem to do much

Last edited:

purple

Geese's Thug
I was having same issue, adjusting rgb pots fixed it. I think rgb voltages was too high.