Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself to all the great folks and wealth of knowledge in the forums! I recently picked up my very first MVS and I couldn't be more happy. It's a big red 4-slot (MVS-4-25 ver.3) and it's in really nice shape. I plan on doing a full restore from top to bottom and I'm sure this forum will be an invaluable source of information.

I can remember for many years I've wanted an arcade cabinet (especially an Neo-Geo) and was able to acquire one locally for a great price. I've picked up a few carts already, including one of my all time favorites.....Cyber-Lip.

I've already started the restore will all new sticks and buttons and will go from there. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

As a side note, I also have a AES and really enjoy collecting for that as well.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Welcome to the forums, and club big red! Restoring that cabnet is one of the most fulfilling things in game collecting. Make that baby your own!

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Welcome, enjoy your stay here. A cab is always a nice add, I refurbished mine also and nothing gives more satisfaction.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Welcome to the forums.....

He should probably be welcoming you instead lol.

Anyway OP, enjoy the new project. I did a full restore on the same cab a few years ago so if you need any help sourcing parts or whatnot let me know. Cheers!

Sorry to sorta highjack this thread, but I don't seem to have permission to post new threads. I am new to the forums, and recently got my first cab, an MVS-U4/29. It's in pretty decent shape, but i will definitely have some questions, namely around getting parts. I've been searching around (in this forum and generally around the internet) and can't seem to find what to even call the plastic at the top of the control panel that the start/select buttons rest in. It's damaged on my cab, and would love to replace it if I can. Looking forward to talking to all of you and I hope I'll be able to contribute more than ask questions real soon!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Welcome.

Don't listen to the n00bs, check out Unrelated and the War Room.

I had a feeling it would be kind of an odd thing to replace. I'll try looking in Tech, Unrelated, and War room, and try to determine the best section of those to post in. Hopefully I won't have to spend $$$ and maybe only $$.

I Just went to go post in Tech when i realized I can't start a thread (that's why i posted here). Is there any chance someone can post on my behalf and I'll hop in after the thread is created?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I Just went to go post in Tech when i realized I can't start a thread (that's why i posted here). Is there any chance someone can post on my behalf and I'll hop in after the thread is created?

Here's the deal...

You will post a thread in the tech forum... and CONTRIBUTE on the other forums when and if you can... and I'll consider upgrading your account...

I will be in chat awaiting your answer:D

xROTx

warbucks

n00b
Welcome Aboard. I too am new to the world of Neo Geo. You have found what I am looking for (4-slot (MVS-4-25 ver.3). Hopefully I can find one and restore pretty soon. Good luck on the restoration!

Sorry to sorta highjack this thread, but I don't seem to have permission to post new threads. I am new to the forums, and recently got my first cab, an MVS-U4/29. It's in pretty decent shape, but i will definitely have some questions, namely around getting parts. I've been searching around (in this forum and generally around the internet) and can't seem to find what to even call the plastic at the top of the control panel that the start/select buttons rest in. It's damaged on my cab, and would love to replace it if I can. Looking forward to talking to all of you and I hope I'll be able to contribute more than ask questions real soon!

Sorry, I didn't search for the not able to post problem. This is the plastic I am referring to, it's not clear in the photo but its warped and has a piece missing the middle near the 2P. http://i.imgur.com/znk1XlE.jpg

I had a feeling it would be kind of an odd thing to replace. I'll try looking in Tech, Unrelated, and War room, and try to determine the best section of those to post in. Hopefully I won't have to spend $$$ and maybe only $$.

Man....hijacked my intro thread! Woot

But thank you everyone for the welcomes. Such a great forum and wealth of knowledge!

Last edited:
Well I thought since I introduced my self I should also introduce my awesome MVS. I call her Lucy. :A::B::C::D:

Attachments

• IMG_9809.JPG
    IMG_9809.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: