New Rose Hotel

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
"Directed by Abel Ferrara." Warning: Ferrara is an acquired taste. Even after seeing a few of his films (Bad Lieutenant, Ms. 45, King of New York), I wouldn't even say I like his film-making style very much.

Also, that IMDB rating (4.8 out of 10) isn't very inviting.

Edit: I haven't seen New Rose Hotel, though. I'd give it a shot, but I certainly won't go out of my way to see it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
"Directed by Abel Ferrara." Warning: Ferrara is an acquired taste. Even after seeing a few of his films (Bad Lieutenant, Ms. 45, King of New York), I wouldn't even say I like his film-making style very much.

Also, that IMDB rating (4.8 out of 10) isn't very inviting.

Edit: I haven't seen New Rose Hotel, though. I'd give it a shot, but I certainly won't go out of my way to see it.

Right. Well, I'm starved for cyberpunk films, so I take what I can get. Bought it for ~$5 on amazon.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
give us a rundown after you watch it. Looks interested.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I saw it when it came out. It's too artsy for its own good. It was tough to follow and I got bored with it. Perhaps now that I'm older I may get something more out of it. Let us know what you think.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Couldn't get into it. It didn't seem like a Cyberpunk film nor a noir. Very slow paced. About the only redeeming quality was the female lead and how she looked in that tight red outfit.