Ninja Master's #050105

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Hi,
A couple of months ago I was bidding on a Korean Ninja Master's cart on eBay sold from Korea with the s/n 050105. Today I saw this auction, also sold from Korea:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171697243142?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

..and remember seeing this on MVS scans:
http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Ninja_Master's

What's up with the s/n 050105? Did all Ninja Master's MVS carts from Korea have that same number? Or could it be that all labels are reprints from the same source? :scratch:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Label looks original Korean style. I vote its all legit original. With a FUCKED UP price on it. That game should always be selling for under a 100$ in my opinion. I got my copy a few years back. It has a japanese labels and was like 50-60 with a shock I think. They probably all have that serial. In fact, Korean mvs games usually don't have label serials, they contain a rectangular sticker with a red stamp like insignia and the cart should say 'vic-a'. This game would be a anomaly. It is also common for them to come in these colors. White, Black, Brighter RED *RBS and Shock Troopers are big time offenders when it comes to red* A royal blue color.. *Samurai Shodown IV* And a neon/lime green color *Last Soldier aka Last Blade & KOF 97* Last Soldier is one of the more obscure changed games, as it has a entirely different screen logo, as well as anti-japanese sentiment contained in character names being changed. I find this funny because not all Korean titles changed that.

Last edited:

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Yeah there's also a "real" s/n 075178 printed on the sticker below the VIC-A logo. Weird that they kept 050105 for mass production when they changed font and removed the apostrophe in the title...

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Any known changes with the Korean version?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
$250 USD plus shipping is way too high. I just bought (a few days ago) Ninja Master's MVS for $102 USD including shipping to Canada from a member here.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Any known changes with the Korean version?

Other Korean carts, e.g. Last Soldier & Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, have a XXX-P1K chip instead of the normal XXX-P1. From what I can tell from the eBay NM board it has the normal 217-P1 chip.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I plan to buy up Korean MVS titles and see if I can spot changes or maybe explain a few of them at some point. I have a Korean RBS, as well as a KOF 98. The label looks really cool on it. Unfortunately, mine contains a Altera chip.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
$250 USD plus shipping is way too high. I just bought (a few days ago) Ninja Master's MVS for $102 USD including shipping to Canada from a member here.

Most arcade games/boards in Korea are way way to HI.

Anyone remember where the $400~$500 TIT board craze started?

Yea, :eek_2:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What's wrong with that? (See this thread also.)

What I have read, those chips deteriorate over time. When they die, the game suicides. It effects very few games, but Metal Slug X and most KOF 98 boards are effected. Also, the price is probably related to trending, not Korean prices as a whole.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
oh, I never knew. Thanks for the info.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Metal Slug X and most KOF 98 boards are effected.

Yep, I have three KoF98 PROG boards dead because of this stupid Altera chip. Fortunately the fix is "easy": take all the chips (except the small P1 chip) to a PROGBK1 board, and use an EPROM to replace the P1. Take the replacement P1 from the MAME set. Hardest part is getting the BK1 boards. Works beautiful, and no more depending on the flaky altera chip. For Metal Slug X the fix is more involved, because there never was an official decrypted set but it can be done too.

Regards.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
There's a version of KOF 98, also Metal slug X has a version without the altera chip. For those trying to be sly, the Korean KOF 98 version has that chip also..

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
There's a version of KOF 98, also Metal slug X has a version without the altera chip. For those trying to be sly, the Korean KOF 98 version has that chip also..

Metal Slug X version without the Altera is not official SNK-made. KoF98 one without the Altera is official (even has scans on mvs-scans.com). If I am mistaken, a scan of the unencrypted Metal Slug boards would be great.

regards.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, you're right. Was looking at the wrong scan. They are all effected. Sucks.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
well, I'm sad now. even my SNK-G KOF 98 is packing an alterra. fuck.