Best Real Bout

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
RB1 and RBS are very good, though I lean more to RB1. It's a really great game, yet doesn't get much love.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If REAL BOUT didn't have those easy ring outs & SDM's that drain 95% of your life bar it would be the best imo so I have to go RBS>FATAL FURY 3>RB2>RB1
BB

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I've always felt in the question of RB2 or RBS it's which character you like. Certain characters play differently in each game and sways which game is considered better even more so then anything else.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I couldn't choose just to own RBS or RB2, you gotta have both. Which is the better one? For me RBS but RB2 is awesome and if you only own RBS or RB2 you owe to yourself to get the other, you just gotta.

Edit: Make it a poll and let the numbers speak for themselves...

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've just received RBS today, so it's good to see all the love for it here. I love playing FF Special, 3 and RB, so I can't wait to finally give this one a go.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
RBS is just a gorgeous game. The graphics, presentation, sound effects, music and announcer are all top notch. Some of SNK's absolute best work. It plays damn good too, nice fast pace and flow. It's one of our go to fighters when just having a good time and chilling.

I also really love RBFF. For some reason RB2 just never grabbed me.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
RBS has always been my favorite FF title. i fell in love with it on the saturn and later upgraded to an AES copy. (both gone now)
When I got my cab this year I bought 2 games right away RBS and WW7. Gotta have RBS, This version just seemed to get you straight to the action and the players had even more personality now. Amazing animation, great tunes and voices seemed to make it the definitive way to play the Garou universe. Can't lie Im missing the Blue Mary's Blues video in the MVS credits.

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
my vote for RBS, the music, backgrounds, animations, intro, endings, dificulty... is a great game

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Was there any NEO version of RBS with the Music video? The NGCD maybe?
on the saturn you got the Blue Mary's Blues too ugh sooo good RBS!

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
real bout 1 is my favourite neo game of all time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Hell on the saturn you got the Blue Mary's Blues too

I think blue mary's blues was also in the original neo version aswell,but could only be viewed if the game was beat under certain conditions if i'm not mistaken.

ChrisB

Another Striker
I prefer Real Bout 2 to special. Just the bigger roster and it seems tweaked I love it

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I like RB2 the most. Its fun to play or watch. But special is pretty good too, just dont have as much time on that one

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Real Bout 1 Ending is the best ending ever...that's how I felt the first time I beat it with Terry, it just made me connect with Geese deeply, from then on I trained hard to master the Raging Storm...I was never a BOSS player, I used to play with Terry, Tung, Andy...until I saw Geese toss Terry's had away and laugh as he faded...I'll never forget that ending.

Real Bout Special was the one that actually drove me to try Krauser all the way, he's so incredibly good, almost too good.

Real Bout 2 is amazing and I need to spend more time with it. I still prefer RBS, maybe 'cause it feels like FFS the most with the 2 planes being very active, unlike 2 where it's more of a fast pace plane switch.

All RB games are important in their own way.

Wild Ambition plays a lot like RB, I love it. The extra stuff like unblocakbles and strings are amazing as well, I can play that agme for hours...Raiden...all day poisoning your face!

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
All RB games are important in their own way
Precisely this ^

I think all 3 are absolutely amazing. My fave fighting games overall, above all else. Shame none of my friends 'get it'. They've tried, to be fair, but the 3-button system seems to be a hard sell vs the standard 4-button affair.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
RBS for me. Though it's a really close call with RB2, that game is just so >>fast forward.

I think all 3 are absolutely amazing. My fave fighting games overall, above all else. Shame none of my friends 'get it'. They've tried, to be fair, but the 3-button system seems to be a hard sell vs the standard 4-button affair.
Oh Hi, Ninja, where you been?

[you already chose RB2 over a year ago btw... this thread was necro'd by ChrisB.]

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Precisely this ^

All 3? Aren't there 4 Real Bout games?- Fatal Fury 3, Reat Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
I prefer the RB1 Hon-fu with his bad ass stage music and cool fighting stance.
Overall though RBS is probably the best one

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
All 3? Aren't there 4 Real Bout games?- Fatal Fury 3, Reat Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2.

Does 'Fatal Fury 3' have 'Real Bout' in its title?