Official Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN Thread:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just picked Xrd up on PS4, after looking everywhere in Columbus, I had to get it online. Apparently it's kind of hard to find already. The guy at games stop told me they only ordered enough to cover pre-orders.

It's been a very long time since I played a Guilty Gear game. I have pretty good memories of Guilty Gear XX Reload online matches on original xbox. So I thought it was time to jump into the series again. My copy is coming in the mail Thursday. So I'm itching to dedicate a afternoon to it.

Just curious who here has Xrd, and who will be picking it up?

What do you think of the game thus far? It looks amazing.

How is the online? Fast match-ups, and minimal lag? Any cheating?

How balanced is the game?

Who do you use, and who gets abused online?

Im guessing there's still way too many Sol Badguy, and Poison players. I always used Axel Lo. Looks like he's low on the top tier totem pole. But I think I'm going to make him my guy again, since I like charge characters.

Last edited:

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I picked it up, not very good at it but I've been a GG fan ever since XX. Xrd was hard to find, wish I knew about it and reserved the limited edition but oh well. I got the last copy at a local GameStop.

The game looks amazing and plays like GG should play, I'm very happy with it. The voice acting and animation is pretty good so the story portion of arcade mode is entertaining. Have not gone through story mode.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I picked it up during the Flash sale last week and man oh man i'm loving it. Unlike SF4 I feel like I just jump right back in from were I left off in terms of the last game. Frame by frame everything feels right...for better or worse I guess.

Really feels like they put a lot into it and the story feels so cohesive. I'm on PS3 btw

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I picked it up during the Flash sale last week and man oh man i'm loving it. Unlike SF4 I feel like I just jump right back in from were I left off in terms of the last game. Frame by frame everything feels right...for better or worse I guess.

Really feels like they put a lot into it and the story feels so cohesive. I'm on PS3 btw

I'm on ps4, but from my understanding it's all good cause it's cross platform online. The only difference I know of is the ps4 version is full 1080p, instead of 720 like arcade/ps3.

I guess this is a Good time to tell people to psn add me.

Jforrest1980

Also, are there any good arcade stick options out there? Or will I need to be pimping out my own ps4 stick now?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Got it on sale for $24 the other day...

The online lobby system is fucking stupid...

All the characters I like are missing. No Baiken, no Anji, no testament, and no fucking Bridget...

Getting an arcade stick for ps4 seems to be a giant pain in the dick.

But yeah, love it... great game.

Dinosaurman83 add me lol

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does that mean Hugo, Cody, & Guy are forthcoming DLC additions? ;)

From my reading, due to time constraints, the developer had to pick a limited number of initial characters, but plans to add missing characters over time. Which I'm guessing means release another version of the game in a few years so you buy it multiple times.

I doubt any capcom characters will be added. But wouldn't that make things interesting.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Also, are there any good arcade stick options out there? Or will I need to be pimping out my own ps4 stick now?

I hope so because I have 3 sticks I'd like to be able to use all of them. I don't mind tossing an extra pcb or whatever in there but i'd hate to have to shell out for a whole new stick unnecessarily.

I've heard something about Skull Girls having a special driver that lets you use PS3 controllers on PS4 but not sure if thats true.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
From my reading, due to time constraints, the developer had to pick a limited number of initial characters, but plans to add missing characters over time. Which I'm guessing means release another version of the game in a few years so you buy it multiple times.
LOL poison is a sf char...
I hope so because I have 3 sticks I'd like to be able to use all of them. I don't mind tossing an extra pcb or whatever in there but i'd hate to have to shell out for a whole new stick unnecessarily.

I've heard something about Skull Girls having a special driver that lets you use PS3 controllers on PS4 but not sure if thats true.

yes but developer needs to add it per game.

No easy fix yet...

Ive got like 10 sticks and need to buy another one now.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
LOL poison is a sf char...

yes but developer needs to add it per game.

No easy fix yet...

Ive got like 10 sticks and need to buy another one now.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I played guilty gear. I think I meant Venom. I'm hoping I have as much fun online as I did back in my XX Reload days on xbox.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I have it for the PS4,though i'm no expert at the game.The last time played one in the series was guilty gear xx via dreamcast.I have been using a hori fighter commander 4 controller to play it.I hope to later on to buy a joystick for the PS4.Still i think it's bs any PS3 joystick isn't compatible with the PS4.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I play now and then if you played on og xbl it feels similar. The graphics are amazing and the controls are old school gg style. The rooms are a pain. You can tell they ment well, but it kinda segrates the players in a weird way. I see either a shit ton of Sol, or the dlc characters (Sin not included since he is unlockable without paying to unlock without hassle). Personally I don't see a lot of B.S. glitches, lag tricks or overpoweredness all things considering. Matches betwen PS4 and PS3 haven't been too bad for me.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Have it on PS4. I've never particularly cared for GG (and I suck at it) but this one is technically brilliant and a real gamechanger visually for 2D-style fighting games. As for gameplay, they've toned down the number of systems and made RCing much less complicated. Some people like it, some don't. Online seems great and I don't know if there's cheating as I only play with people I know.

As for balance, Elphelt is kind of ridiculous right now (STUPID damage off a lot of easy setups) and the characters that are generally good in GG (Faust, Zato) are still strong. Everyone seems to do more damage in general.

I use Slayer and Elphelt primarily but I'm still dicking around with most of the cast. As for who gets abused online, it's mostly a Sol/Ky-fest. If you find a lobby with decent players you'll see variety though.

For people who like this kind of game, get Under Night In-Birth. Just came out on PS3. $23 for PS+ members right now and is a pretty terrific, polished 2D fighting game from the folks who made Melty Blood.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
So the PS3 version is the one to get or?

If you have a PS4, get the PS4 version. The PS3 version is fine but runs at a lower resolution and the game has a unified player base (cross-play) so one version doesn't have a larger online player base than the other.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm still waiting on my copy in the mail... Suppose to come today. By brothers got the copy I bought them today, so I'm crossing my fingers for any minute now.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
having a blast learning to play this until the new MK comes out..........

psn is sammy_Gallactic29

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Has anybody else picked up the Steam version of the game? I mashed the buy button harder than anything else in my entire life.

It still has some nagging issues, but the devs have already stated they're going to address them. It's being done in-house, unlike Battle Fantasia, so I'm confident the issues will be fixed soon. They were quick for AC+R which was also done in-house.