Affordable surge protector with filtering?

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
I've been using this and I will get random noise even when all my systems and pvm is off. The OVERLOAD will light up sometimes when just using one console and the pvm or listening to music with the sub I have plugged into it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012YLTR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wan't to get an upgrade but I want to hear some recommendations, no matter the budget. I know about power conditioners since I've seen them countless times in music studios, so let me know guys. This is a good thread.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I bought the Tripp lite I originally linked. It has 8 outlets which I need and actually show the filtering they use. It's also the best I could find for under $50.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
After doing some minor reading I'm going to get a rack mounted power conditioner, unless someone knows of something else. I just need to build a custom rack for my monitor and gaming setup. I feel like an asshole feeding my power hungry Analogue beast dirty AC. Especially considering what this monitor costs and that it is Pro grade it should be treated as such. Every music studio I've been to, even the ones in people's homes have a power conditioner, so it's only right. If anyone has any further knowledge on power conditioners, the process behind them, brands to look out for, and the best way to get used equipment please share! :)

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
if your going towards power conditioners your price range is the limit. you should visit the stickied av thread and ask around. Someone there recommended me a furman and been happy ever since i got it. Its bigger then it looks is all i can say. Its a furman pst-8 .

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
if your going towards power conditioners your price range is the limit. you should visit the stickied av thread and ask around. Someone there recommended me a furman and been happy ever since i got it. Its bigger then it looks is all i can say. Its a furman pst-8 .

Yeah, that was probably me. I really like Furman products. I'm using something by them pretty much everywhere...HT...2CH...and my vintage 2CH system. Panamax is also another great brand I really like. Just be aware that there is a shit load of snake oil surrounding power conditioners. Most of the products focused toward the pro audio market are free of said bullshit.

Also, we have discussed power conditioners in the A/V Thread, it's worth checking out.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
Yeah, that was probably me. I really like Furman products. I'm using something by them pretty much everywhere...HT...2CH...and my vintage 2CH system. Panamax is also another great brand I really like. Just be aware that there is a shit load of snake oil surrounding power conditioners. Most of the products focused toward the pro audio market are free of said bullshit.

Also, we have discussed power conditioners in the A/V Thread, it's worth checking out.

My buddy that just moved sold off all his home studio equipment and I could have gotten his furman power conditioner. I was checking out basically the same power conditioner (furman pst-8D) but want to weigh other options and opinions. I'm going to check out the av thread. Thanks guys

Last edited: