Favorite Joystick to Play With

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Slick as always XX. Did you change the stick on the new style neo stick and are the buttons screw or snap on? I've always been a big fan of those.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Last cheap I bought a cheap Tekken Hybrid Madcatz stick. Gutted it, and wired the inside to a DB15 plug. Cheapest way to get a proper arcade quality stick on the Neo.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Mine would have to be the HRAP3 or my sanwa modded DC Agetec. I don't mind the old style neo sticks but the jelly bean ones are better. Reminds me I need to get a neo extension cord and make a lead for my HRAP3/Agetec.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Last cheap I bought a cheap Tekken Hybrid Madcatz stick. Gutted it, and wired the inside to a DB15 plug. Cheapest way to get a proper arcade quality stick on the Neo.

Those HYbrid sticks look so slick. Get a black plexy with just 4 buttons, it will look awesome. BTW, you lucky that was cheap for you, I don't see them for sale often and when I do they're more than 100 bucks.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
are the buttons screw or snap on?
both should fit just fine afaik.

Those HYbrid sticks look so slick. Get a black plexy with just 4 buttons, it will look awesome. BTW, you lucky that was cheap for you, I don't see them for sale often and when I do they're more than 100 bucks.
I believe GohanX wanted to do just that... don't know if he ever did though. Those sticks were part of a black friday sale in 2013, I still hate myself for not picking one up then, so nice.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Slick as always XX. Did you change the stick on the new style neo stick and are the buttons screw or snap on? I've always been a big fan of those.

On the new style the shaft is a longer one from the old style stick, buttons are seimitsus and a seimitsu ball top as well. on the newer versions I also replace the start and select buttons. The new styles are tricky to mod with the buttons since the holes aren't exactly 24mm, closer to about 28mm.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm assuming you're using seimitsu screw ons? As far as the stick goes, you didn't replace the entire stick, just the shaft?

I'd love to take a peek at the inside if you wouldn't mind. I wanna do this but sometimes I'm fond of the actual setup that it comes with.

ON another note. I've been pondering on making an adaptor to change the button layout to my liking for games like Karnov's. Also I would like it to work with my NEO CD pads 'cause some games don't have an option for configuring your inputs. I have tried for years to adapt to KOF being played like MK and I can't, my proficiency diminishes greatly due to this. THe reason I'm telling you all of this is 'cause I wanna check with you if it's just possible to make a 2 DB15 box with breakouts so you can just swap a couple of wires and call it a day. I would think you can but the only reason I hesitate is due to this peripherals having an actual encoder rather than straight wiring like we build custom sticks for. Any thoughts?

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug

Got it during a cyber monday deal. $60 with 2 games (but damn UPS knock the price up by $40 due to custom fees). Still a really good deal. Removed the extra buttons (and plugged them up with plastic caps). I probably do more work on it (like removing that side logo and replacing it with an SNK one).

On the subject of cheap sticks, I’m getting SFIV Round 2 stick today for $50 (from a co-worker). I’ll probably gut it as well and turn it into a Neo Geo/Supergun stick.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Get a plexy already cut by one of the plexy cutting guys at AM customs or Art, look them up, the plexy is cheap and it will look way better than plugs, but plugs are better than extra buttons for sure. My 2 cents.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think I rather wait for XX to answer that. He's familiar with the Neo more than most and he's familiar with the way I work.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Happ sticks on my MVS Cab. Tatsunoko vs Capcom Mad Catz stick for emulation on WiiU and Mac.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm on the market for a new Neo-Geo joystick. I've tried both the original SNK AES joystick and the kidney-bean Pro Stick, but I'm curious about people's experiences with third-party sticks. Has anyone tried an Omega Joystick? Any other sticks I should take a look at? :thevt:

I know how this sounds - the jokes write themselves... :thevt:
Hori sticks are good. The best sticks would be some of the ones that top Japanese players use.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
My current set up has the MAS smoothness. Fighting moves are effortless. Rapid fire is the red button on top which owns the shooters! IMG_1523.JPG

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The "table" design of MAS is not really my style, nice stick anyways. How does it look on the inside?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Awight. Here's the bottom of the MAS Arcade Stick

IMG_1539.JPG

...and the inside. Signed by Mr. Nguyen himself!

The black cord on the top leads to the PS1/PS2 adapter which I usually have taped inside since only use this stick for my Neo setup.

IMG_1540.JPG

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
My current set up has the MAS smoothness. Fighting moves are effortless. Rapid fire is the red button on top which owns the shooters! View attachment 24826

Wow man, that is a beautiful stick! I didn't know he was still making them, I use to have a very nice Supergun made by him that I had for about 17 years.

Last edited:

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Wow man, that is a beautiful stick! I didn't know he was still making them, I use to have a very nice Supergun made by him that I had for about 17 years.

He modded my very first AES in the mid-90s because I was so mad that SS1 was censored. He's a genius!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's an unknown glob of red shit and it's sinful and that other aberration next to it, I dunno what it is but jesus, someone just threw up on it to hold the shit down or something.