Breakers homecart

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks Digmac.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable and I respect your passion for the hobby.

I spent a little time looking on arcade-collectors.com before a bumping this post. I noticed that the shade of green on the contacts appear lighter in the breakers pictures from that website in comparison to the shade of green for mine too. Of course you said lighting will affect the appearence of it's color so I won't jump to negative conclusions. Though I will say, the contacts on my cart look very rough/warn compared to the contacts in the pictures hosted on arcade-collectors. I'm not sure if this is a result of cart insertions, something unrelated..or something sketchy.

I've never known much about the origins of that website. I am not trying to discredit it as a resource though.

Anyway, thank you for pointing out the color/revision info regarding PROGBK1Y/CHA256RY boards.
I'm actually going to browse through pics of all the titles with those boards. I'm curious as to what carts (with green contacts and the correct pin layout of course) would meet the criteria as a viable sac cart for a breakers conversion.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Thanks Digmac.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable and I respect your passion for the hobby.

I spent a little time looking on arcade-collectors.com before a bumping this post. I noticed that the shade of green on the contacts appear lighter in the breakers pictures from that website in comparison to the shade of green for mine too. Of course you said lighting will affect the appearence of it's color so I won't jump to negative conclusions. Though I will say, the contacts on my cart look very rough/warn compared to the contacts in the pictures hosted on arcade-collectors. I'm not sure if this is a result of cart insertions, something unrelated..or something sketchy.

I've never known much about the origins of that website. I am not trying to discredit it as a resource though.

Anyway, thank you for pointing out the color/revision info regarding PROGBK1Y/CHA256RY boards.
I'm actually going to browse through pics of all the titles with those boards. I'm curious as to what carts (with green contacts and the correct pin layout of course) would meet the criteria as a viable sac cart for a breakers conversion.

I'm glad I can help out man.

The dark marks on your cart pins/boards is through normal use. It's been well played, and that's a sign of it. You can clean it right up with some isopropyl alcohol, 90% or higher, and some q-tips. It might take a couple of passes on each side of each board, but all of those dark marks will come out. Again, totally normal through use, nothing to worry about.

arcade-collectors is a great resource to use for AES scans. Even though they don't have *every* AES title, it's a larger resource of AES board scans than anywhere else I've seen. I like doing the same to see where people could have gotten the boards for specific conversions I find. Nowadays, more and more "pure" boots are popping up with custom PCBs.