ThGame's video game colection

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Hey guys,

thought I would introduce myself a bit and show my collection. I'm 31 now and have been collecting since I was a kid pretty much. I was lucky enough that my old man was into original Nintendo and super Nintendo because he would buy most of the games while I was in the 6 to 12 year old range and couldn't afford to do my own purchasing. I would say about half of my NES and SNES stuff was procured upon release and the rest I have been able to continue to build up over my adult collection years.

My wife and I just bought a new larger house so my basement is unfinished and obviously this set up is just temporary until we get it all done up nicely in which ill be lucky enough to have around 1100 sq FT to myself for multiple TV arcade/collection set up and space. cant wait!

Attachments

• IMG_4683.JPG
    IMG_4683.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4685.JPG
    IMG_4685.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4686.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4690.JPG
    IMG_4690.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4692.JPG
    IMG_4692.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_4696.JPG
    IMG_4696.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 240

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Feel free to ask me any questions about anything. I apologize as I'm not the best photographer and my lighting in my basement currently is poor. I have a lot more Nintendo power and other gaming magazines boxed up as well as a few hundred manuals and empty boxes that aren't on display for games that I'm hoping to collect in the future. Let me know if there are any titles you cant see or are curious about. My main focus has always been collecting RPG's and I prefer to collect boxed complete with maps and manuals and such. As most of you know if you've seen any of my others posts the MVS is my latest purchase, it came with the mvs games you can see on the shelf. as well as aero fighters 2 and spinmasters which are in the machine currently. I have had an AES and most of those games for about a year and a half now. Neo Geo was always this weird mysterious system that my cousin and I read in gaming magazines and played in arcades but it was well out of our reach as far as price and such goes. I'm very happy to be collecting it now and also very happy to be a new member in this community.

Cheers!

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Impressive collection, especially the boxed Nintendo stuff! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing what you've got.

Oh, and congrats on the new home purchase. That'll keep you busy for a while (forever :)).

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Very nice collection, thanks for sharing with us.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Very nice selection of games!

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Nice collection. Didn't know that Baseball stars 1&2 existed on the NES..

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Nice collection man. I really like the Zelda map and the red eyed cat.

Lol thanks. The cat is Zeus, he's a big fan of long gaming rot sessions so he's a good buddy to have on those 10-14 hour gaming days hah. the Zelda map is a first edition 1/10 lasered into a single piece of maple or oak (cant remember and too lazy to run downstairs to look) takes about 6 hours per print. I love looking at old maps and monster charts and such especially for games like ogre battle and original final fantasy and dragon warrior ect. thought it was a good fit to my style.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Very nice! though you are not helping Pipes and I shake the image that no basement in Canada is finished....

Also..... DRAGON FORCE! love it.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Very nice! though you are not helping Pipes and I shake the image that no basement in Canada is finished....

Also..... DRAGON FORCE! love it.

omg dragon force is so damn good. Saturn had some real sleepers!

LOL @ Canadian basements. if we didn't finish them we would freeze hah. have a few older photos I was going to post of my old basement that WAS finished with my games but I just checked and the files are all over the 2mb limit lol. so I guess today will not be the day I prove we finish the basement. *shakes fist and runs*

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nice collection man, looks all good. Loving the big boxed Earth Bound! Congrats with your new home, it looks you have enough space for future buys. :)

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Nice collection man, looks all good. Loving the big boxed Earth Bound! Congrats with your new home, it looks you have enough space for future buys. :)

Thanks appreciate it. Small story with the earthbound. I just finally got the big box less than a month ago. Back in the day when it came out my dad bought a copy on release day. Game collections werent really a known thing but we always kept the manuals in a big ziploc and the boxes we would just huck in this end table. Well it was our first big box game and the end table was full of nes and some snes boxes so it was the only box we ever threw out from my childhood! Finally found a guy a month ago selling his complete copy in my city. So i bought it sold off the rest (game and guide)and just kept the big box/insert. So even though its a day one copy its still so shiny and new to me right now

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
What is the story with those big box Secret of Mana and Terranigma? Never seen them before...any chance we could get a better pic of them?

I noticed the Square version of Final Fantasy Legend 1 on Game Boy. Hold onto that (I'm sure you will)...ebay and other game stores are FULL of the Sunsoft re-release. Those are getting harder to find...

Jon

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Very nice! Great collection. I can't wait to move to a bigger house myself and give my stuff some breathing room.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
What is the story with those big box Secret of Mana and Terranigma? Never seen them before...any chance we could get a better pic of them?

I noticed the Square version of Final Fantasy Legend 1 on Game Boy. Hold onto that (I'm sure you will)...ebay and other game stores are FULL of the Sunsoft re-release. Those are getting harder to find...

Jon

IMG_4700.JPGIMG_4701.JPG

they are PAL German big box releases exclusive to Europe. They all come earthbound style with the large official players guides which as you can see I enjoy collecting guides. I enjoy collecting them because I love the big box display style. There are others as well I have yet to get. Lufia 1, secret of evermore, F mystic quest, Yoshi's island and then Link to the past (which is like a $4000 ebay hit). Cool things rarely seen in north America but you will find them if you hop on ebay.uk

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That's a lot of boxed goodies there man. And they're in awesome shape!

Where did you get the Zelda map? I'd love to get one for my game room

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Very nice collection. You got some great taste there.

That's a lot of boxed goodies there man. And they're in awesome shape!

Where did you get the Zelda map? I'd love to get one for my game room

Its a wood etching??? Holy crap that's amazing!

Yea laser etched with a single sheet of maple i believe. Takes 6 hours for the machine he uses to do 1 print. I was lucky enough to get in on the first order ever and got a first edition print which is etched in the back. Only 10 first editions out there

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Love the cat pic :)

Lol the cat is my gaming homie. Always sleeping beside me for game sessions. I even have a blanket for him on the top of my mvs where he always goes if he hears me playing big red lol. Jumps up and just stares at me or falls asleep up there!