Garou Mark of the Wolves released on iOS/Android

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I'm not normally a big fan of fighting games on smartphones, but this at least has Bluetooth controller support.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Wow, I didn't see that coming...did they announce they were working on this and I just missed it?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That's a nice little surprise! And it supports Bluetooth too. Does it have online multiplayer or no?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Ugh I thought this rumor about MOTW being rereleased was going to end up in a PSN or Steam port...

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Ugh I thought this rumor about MOTW being rereleased was going to end up in a PSN or Steam port...

Yeah, I gotta say, I don't understand the infatuation with mobile phones as a platform for previously niche titles.

Elder

NEST Puppet
How has the mobile scene been treating SNKP? I haven't kept up with their financials, but are these games proving to be money-makers for the company?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
How has the mobile scene been treating SNKP? I haven't kept up with their financials, but are these games proving to be money-makers for the company?

They are making pretty decent money on the pachislot games.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
IIRC, the Japanese do a lot more mobile gaming which is why handhelds are a big thing over there.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So, the 25th anniversary of the neo geo. It be cool of they produced a new home cart of some kind but obviously, SNK is too cheap to do that and they only care about the money and not us.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Any patents of neo geo that they haven't renewed already are most definitely expired. Can't do much about that.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It be cool of they produced a new home cart of some kind but obviously, SNK is too cheap to do that and they only care about the money and not us.
erm, any company cares only about money... otherwise they're out of business sooner than later. But what kind of home cart did you have in mind? Something for the Neo? Do you have any idea what that would cost??? SNKP couldn't possibly finance it, even if they wanted - larger companies that could wouldn't because there is no money in it... let alone the risk. Think, mehguy, think!

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
erm, any company cares only about money... otherwise they're out of business sooner than later. But what kind of home cart did you have in mind? Something for the Neo? Do you have any idea what that would cost??? SNKP couldn't possibly finance it, even if they wanted - larger companies that could wouldn't because there is no money in it... let alone the risk. Think, mehguy, think!

I appreciate your modesty.

All companies are about the money. But I meant in the terms that SNK doesn't even care about it's fanbase. While at capcom, They're actually doin stuff that the fans want (most of the time...). I honestly don't know what kind of home cart it would be, maybe some kind of compilation of sorts? Just an idea. I guess the only way to make a new homecart release is if they produced them in numbers in the hundreds kinda what ng dev team is doing. Now we're talking about the 25th anniversary of the neo here. Pretty big. Something special needs to happen man, even if it's not a new home cart release, something just needs to happen.

Last edited:

xsq

Well, I guess SNKP figures caring about the (western) fanbase (of old old games) doesn't pay off (enough).

Who would buy already released games in a compilation you can have for cheaper (on Neo and other platforms; or emulate/pirate) easily? Look around these boards, even among the so called hardcore there is a lot of bitching about NGDev or NeoBitz prices.

I don't blame SNKP for saying "Fuck those guys, let's sell more ports/mobile stuff!" and not taking the risk of catering to their "fans" or supporting the Neo Geo franchise just for the love of it - again alone the financial risk and the potential of backfire are just too great (maybe they're also prejudiced by the fact that the NeoGeoX went so well?).

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't blame SNKP for saying "Fuck those guys, let's sell more ports/mobile stuff!" and not taking the risk of catering to their "fans" or supporting the Neo Geo franchise just for the love of it - again alone the financial risk and the potential of backfire are just too great (maybe they're also prejudiced by the fact that the NeoGeoX went so well?).

Well, it's really SNK's fault for the neo geo x for being so bad. If they would have gone with a different manufacturer, it would probably be a decent product.

Take the atari flashback 2 for example, it's basically the same as the ngx but with a bunch of atari games instead but it was executed way better the the ngx.
Atari actually did the work, and developed it in-house and instead of emulation, they went with an "Atari 2600 on a chip". It contains the CPU, ram, and all of the atari 2600's hardware on a single small chip. So it would play exact the same compared to a real 2600. Oh, and it's a mere 30 bucks.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
While at capcom, They're actually doin stuff that the fans want (most of the time...).

Fuckin lost it. You know Capcom is extremely notorious for the "nickel-and-dime" approach to things like DLC right? Outside of Biohazard HD, what was the last game Capcom somehow managed to stay out of their own way for?

Guess fans didn't want anything like new Rockman games or more survival horror based Biohazards or even an HD remake of 2 instead of yet another HD remake of 1. Nah, clearly they listen....

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Fuckin lost it. You know Capcom is extremely notorious for the "nickel-and-dime" approach to things like DLC right? Outside of Biohazard HD, what was the last game Capcom somehow managed to stay out of their own way for?

Guess fans didn't want anything like new Rockman games or more survival horror based Biohazards or even an HD remake of 2 instead of yet another HD remake of 1. Nah, clearly they listen....

Haven't seen you in a while.

that maybe so, but guess what? They still have many console games in development and actually releasing quality stuff.
But at SNK? Nah man, haven't released a new console game in 3 years. What I'm trying to say, if you put aside all that bullshit with DLC, they are still giving us quality games. I probably shouldn't have used the term "They're giving us want fans want".

Last edited:

xsq

Well, it's really SNK's fault for the neo geo x for being so bad. If they would have gone with a different manufacturer, it would probably be a decent product.
That may be true, but it doesn't change the current situation one bit. I understand you being frustrated, try to get over it and enjoy the decent games SNK put out there, there should be enough fun to be had. If you need newer games, there are (indy) developers who still pump out awesome stuff.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just went ahead for the download, the game seems like a decent port, enjoying it so far and it has online multiplayer via GameCentre on iOS!!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: