Cyber-lip > all slugs except 1,2,X. (3 close to acceptable.)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If I ever play MS3 these days, I just stop when I get to the rockets. I have no interest to play the ship stage anymore.

That's actually a part that makes me want MORE to play it.
As soon as the rockets are launching, I pump up the volume every single time.
That rock'ish soundtrack while you're playing the "verizontal" parts makes me want to shoot things more and more and more.

"Kiss in the Dark" kicks ass.

All those games suck balls!

PS- left to play some decent shmups (oustside the MVS) :cool:
Cyber Lip > MS4 > Every other crap on PGM except for Demon Front. :lolz:

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
how does this need to be discussed? Let's all go back to the war room and make love.
i saw this and IMPULSIVELY had to respond and back up this suggestion, thee dick must be shedding tears of love upon thee face of a bitch who don't listen to fine advice

oh yeah the topic.... I recall Cyber Lip being particularly more difficult than the Metal Slug games but I don't even think I've played MS3 and it seems I'm doing myself a disservice

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
That's actually a part that makes me want MORE to play it.
As soon as the rockets are launching, I pump up the volume every single time.
That rock'ish soundtrack while you're playing the "verizontal" parts makes me want to shoot things more and more and more.

Agree! That Part makes me want to "push on solider " and remember back to a time when I truly thought that it was gonna be the last Slug.
That Said I Bought the First 4 slugs for retail on AES at the time of their releases and now I have only an MVS cab but no Slugs..... Just Cyber Lip!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yes, Metal Slug 3 is way too long. That said, owning both games, I have to say that MS3 is still better and more played.

MS3 is one of the games that I always play with someone who has yet to experience the onslaught. It gets a huge wow factor. I love seeing people's reactions, especially upon reaching the final mission, which keeps going and going... Incredible. People's reactions remind me of what I myself felt the first time I played the game. That's the nostalgia factor for me.

Cyber Lip is fun, love the ending, and is fun with company, more of a sampler Neo title. As has been mentioned, it is on the short side. Something I might pop in once in a while, but nothing that would stay in the cab for prolonged periods of time.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
MS3 melted my face off when it first came out. So that factor alone made it one of my all time favorite games, pound for pound, on ANY system. You could feel that the programmers dumped everything and the kitchen sink into that game since they knew the original SNK would be no more soon afterwards.

Cyber-lip is great to take for a spin once in a while but I easily play the OG Slugs (1,2,X,3) far more often. Like Nam 75, Cyber-Lip is 1000% better when playing 2P Co-op.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
MS3 melted my face off when it first came out. So that factor alone made it one of my all time favorite games, pound for pound, on ANY system. You could feel that the programmers dumped everything and the kitchen sink into that game since they knew the original SNK would be no more soon afterwards.

I concur man, the thing that really wowed me was all the different paths and variety of Slugs. Damn my favorite is the drill & ostrich Slug just wish you could have played with them more.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Contra 3 > all games in this thread